Compilation of the fails of current Delve League : The Sulphite Bambaloo

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You are forgetting one extremely important part - rewards. Right now anybody can chain 270+ delves which means they have infinite tier 16 map source without paying for them, rolling them or even looking at affixes because you can choose to do easy tier 16 nodes down in the delve.

This is insane, everybody suddenly gets access to the highest possible content for free. How the hell do you think this is going to work?

You act as if Tier 16 maps are particularly valuable anymore. You -are- aware that provided your build doesn't have any "no-go" mods you can chain infinite Elder UGS for 15c a pop, right?

Or even just get red elder maps for 6c per, right?

Alternatively, if, again, the goal is to make an ALTERNATIVE to mapping, they need to detach things, and just remove scaled map drops like it is in the Labyrinth.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
yes, you need to pay for them, you don't need to pay anything for delving at tier 16
"
This can't be compared with SC2 in any way and I'm not sure what you're even trying to explain here. It's not like these top position players are doing anything extraordinary, it's just ultra nolife / forcing through boring steps to finally get challenged. Empyrian's team is group play and a different world that again 99% of the players don't practice.

I'm at 450 with full MF gear, farming Uber Elder deathless on same 71% IIQ gear and I could push this game to crazy levels but I can't because Sulphite made me quit.

Let me rephrase since, on re-reading, people are taking a different point than the one I was trying to make.

I am not comparing SC2 play to PoE obviously. Different worlds. I was responding to the comment that 2.3k delves are content that 99.9% of the players will not access. I was trying to make the point that there will always be a 0.1% who play the game at a level that the 99.9% don't and this is not a problem (whether it is simply by no-lifing or by skill). In retrospect SC2 was a bad example to use here. Apologies. (This was addressing part of your post too ACGIFT)

As for the Empy's group point, you can see that I am literally talking exactly about what their group is doing. You choose not to party play, that is fine. I choose to do so. Party play has always pushed further than solo play in terms of the limits of the games. So to me, What Empy's group is doing is incredibly interesting. What they are doing is 100% not 'just ultra nolife'.

To address the rest of your response @ACGIFT

I agree that the sulphite wall is too high. I am def not happy with the sulphite gain rate. But, the way I am looking at it is, I am happy that atleast they have not gated the main aspect of delve (which is 'how deep can I go?') behind RNG as they typically do. I hope they address the sulphite gain rate and make it so I can spend more time in delves than I do in maps.
It is my major complaint with the league right now.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
yes, you need to pay for them, you don't need to pay anything for delving at tier 16

Oh right, because GGG actually listened and removed the sulphite cost, so you never ever have to leave the mines for 100+ hours on end. I forgot that they made that patch, after so much input!

"
Mythkiller wrote:
I am not comparing SC2 play to PoE obviously. Different worlds. I was responding to the comment that 2.3k delves are content that 99.9% of the players will not access.

And to be honest, we actually don't KNOW if 2.3k depth is out of reach for 99.9% of the players in terms of challenge or not. Our entire sample is based upon one party of four that have been pushing it with specific-tweaked builds, and they seem to have minimal issues. But they ALSO aren't either the consensus for the "most skilled players" even if they ARE skilled.

Our big problem is that we WON'T know as it stands, because the sulphite/azurite gating to that (which is entirely time/grind, and zero skill) is just waaaay too steep that it's kept everyone else out of it.

So for right now, access is purely a decision of that wall. If plenty of folk were able to tolerate pushing past 200-300 and to 1000+, then discussing "survival skill" would be more than just mere academic speculation. And that's what SHOULD happen. GGG sold us Delve on the concept of presenting a REAL challenge beyond Uber Elder. We just need it to actually deliver.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Sep 26, 2018, 5:06:40 AM
For maps you pay with your time and currency.
For delve you pay with only your time.

Come on, even you can understand the difference.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
For maps you pay with your time and currency.
For delve you pay with only your time.

Come on, even you can understand the difference.

...And how do you get currency? And for that matter, don't you kinda de-facto need maps for sulphite?

I mean, I was trying to avoid giving anything that'd insinuate an insult. But to be frank, currency is pretty inconsequential at that level.

Given maps drop more maps, and if you're any good at scanning/trading, you definitely make tons back... Using the 15c charge per pays for itself readily.

This was only changed in the last patch when GGG realized how completely free delve was because of quarry. So there you go, they did the right move.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You are forgetting one extremely important part - rewards. Right now anybody can chain 270+ delves which means they have infinite tier 16 map source without paying for them, rolling them or even looking at affixes because you can choose to do easy tier 16 nodes down in the delve.

This is insane, everybody suddenly gets access to the highest possible content for free. How the hell do you think this is going to work?

FREE!

We're living in 4D, while this guy is in 3D where time doesn't exist. Woooowe! Also cities drop maps and the 3 days where I spammed Delve and maps I got only 4 cities and maybe at best 5 T16 drops.

Time to get my free Mirrors from T1 maps.

FREE!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Sep 26, 2018, 5:56:16 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

FREE!

We're living in 4D, while this guy is in 3D where time doesn't exist. Woooowe! Also cities drop maps and the 3 days where I spammed Delve and maps I got only 4 cities and maybe at best 5 T16 drops.

FREE!

He said that the access was free in such a situation, which isn't exactly wrong.
How much time you spend there and how worth that is, is a bit different of course.

Even if rewards were heavily tuned down, if there was no Sulphite, Deves would just be an amazing place to lvlup imo, without needing to care about map drops and need to manage them.

GGG could have designed Delve in a way where you can access it much more freely and difficulty was the actual limiting factor I guess .... but they didn't, and I don't see them changing that as it would need a complete rework of the whole thing.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
*shrug* I am fine with them improving the chances of boss encounters like they did with liches. Still the content is free tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info