Compilation of the fails of current Delve League : The Sulphite Bambaloo

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You are forgetting one extremely important part - rewards. Right now anybody can chain 270+ delves which means they have infinite tier 16 map source without paying for them, rolling them or even looking at affixes because you can choose to do easy tier 16 nodes down in the delve.

This is insane, everybody suddenly gets access to the highest possible content for free. How the hell do you think this is going to work?

FREE!

We're living in 4D, while this guy is in 3D where time doesn't exist. Woooowe! Also cities drop maps and the 3 days where I spammed Delve and maps I got only 4 cities and maybe at best 5 T16 drops.

FREE!

He said that the access was free in such a situation, which isn't exactly wrong.
How much time you spend there and how worth that is, is a bit different of course.

Even if rewards were heavily tuned down, if there was no Sulphite, Deves would just be an amazing place to lvlup imo, without needing to care about map drops and need to manage them.

GGG could have designed Delve in a way where you can access it much more freely and difficulty was the actual limiting factor I guess .... but they didn't, and I don't see them changing that as it would need a complete rework of the whole thing.

There is nothing "free" in this world or in this game. Everything has a cost. The cost that it takes to get T16 maps in Delves is way higher because of the time factor, as simple as that.

That's why I'm saying that you also get free Mirrors from T1 maps because by your logic, it is free and there is no cost but time to running T1 maps.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
The ACCESS was pretty much free from his argument.

I underlined the word in my previous post, and now I capsed it, hope it's enough this time.

But anyway it wasn't free, it was gated by quarry, which can be considered very cheap I guess.
I'm still talking about the access on it.
Delving did and always will "cost" time obviously.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I already bitched long time ago that there isn't much to do for me and it seemed that Delve was going to solve it but I got pranked.

That's funny times when bitching on forums is not only immensely more fun than playing the game, buit also doesn't really stop you from progressing since you perfectly can farm your hideout while doing that. Why te bots are banned, again? Because current optimal gameplay we are pushed into is exactly the same - stay half-afk reacting to notifications once in a time.

"
Mythkiller wrote:

Agree with a lot of points, though overall I think the league has excellent potential.

Potential is just a door. GGG has barred that door. And then buried it. And than set a minefield around it.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Fruz wrote:
The ACCESS was pretty much free from his argument.

I underlined the word in my previous post, and now I capsed it, hope it's enough this time.

But anyway it wasn't free, it was gated by quarry, which can be considered very cheap I guess.
I'm still talking about the access on it.
Delving did and always will "cost" time obviously.

FREE ACCESS to endgame content is when you open your map device and can just open a T16 map for nothing else than a click, period.

FREE ACCESS to a Mirror is when you pick up a mirror in your hideout with 1 click, nothing else, period.

Even COST FREE isn't true because you still run maps for Sulphite which cost currency or could be sold for currency.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
I thought best Delve build is Headhunter + All immunity abuse with flasks, talisman and other shit with "%damage taken as element"

But otherwise, thank you for the list, i was not aware of some of the points.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
FREE ACCESS to endgame content is when you open your map device and can just open a T16 map for nothing else than a click, period.

No it's not, it literally isn't.
And he was referring to when quarry farming for Sulphite was a thing, if you had read what he said, and what I said you know have understood it.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Toucan died for this, Canary pet was worth it though.
So here is the sum result of all this discussion:

(1) KMQ's points are all pretty much valid
(2) Clearly, the league is really great for the casual, unwashed masses (like myself) who are not at the tip of the sword pushing the envelope, min maxing, add in your old and tired descriptors.
(3) The 1%ers are finding this league incredibly frustrating

Also, the botting and spam IS really out of hand. So friggin' annoying.
Agree with a lot of OP's points. I don't really get bothered by the sulphite crap, but I also felt like pushing past 400 was a waste and really just asking for one-shots. So i have no opinion on the Sulphite gating stuff.

On the other things I pretty much agree. The 4-socket resonator crap is really starting to urk me. Dude on SSF said he has 40 of them... everyone else hasn't found even 1?

Like what the fuck is going on with the Seeding in delves? Something is fucked and nobody wants to talk about it.

Servers are bad for me too.. but Texas has a bad infrastructure. I do have a consistent 12ms ping (as I live in Dallas), but still have to play on predictive as of the last three patches. All I get is "bad hop" this and "bad hop" that... so whatever.

I just want to fight Aul once this league. Would be nice. I've been coming 300-400 sideways for the last 10 days and haven't seen him yet... but I've only got one primevil ruin so that might have something to do with it.

Can't argue with most of OP's points.
"
Prizy wrote:

On the other things I pretty much agree. The 4-socket resonator crap is really starting to urk me. Dude on SSF said he has 40 of them... everyone else hasn't found even 1?

Like what the fuck is going on with the Seeding in delves? Something is fucked and nobody wants to talk about it.

Something it seems was fucked but has been fixed
"Fixed an issue where some players were unable to find certain chests in their mine." from patchnotes
doesnt mean your going to find one easily though.
Last edited by Fhark on Sep 26, 2018, 5:04:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info