for everyone who wants a challange

Hey guys
if everyone wants to get punished in this game (except me)
then go play hardcore or russian roulette or something
and remove this damn 10% penalty .... or give me some realmoney stuff to buy to prevent my exp loss
been supporting the game since closed beta
im tired of this "wall" which pushes me off a cliff and scream "f§$%(off"
to all my hours spend to progress and level

to the whiners going to tell me im crying here
nope its not something im gonna waste tears for so keep your dumb comments behind your brain
thanks
to the people who want to tell me "just get gud"
ive played enough and the penalty is just a time waster nothing more
i see no sense in it and i dont even know why stuff like "mimimi hardcore death is permanent" would justify my penalty for death in another mode lol

WANT TO GET PUNISHED PLAY HARDCORE!! ....
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Oct 13, 2018, 2:41:02 PM
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2018, 2:42:58 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah, from a design perspective, the 10% EXP penalty really brings nothing to the game. As you mention, people who want a real penalty for dying... Play hardcore.

I mean, some casuals might think that it's meant to slow the race to 100, but... Again, two things:

• Few if any of these players ever die to begin with, thanks to the party they constantly have supporting them.
  • In reality, the only ladder people really push competitiveness for is the HC SSF ladder, which... Again, has its own punishments. (1 death = you lose entirely)

Also weird that the 10% experience penalty still applies to HC deaths; it seems redundant. After all, >95% of all HC characters that die are just getting deleted in the following 30 seconds, so what's even the point?

So balance-wise, it largely seems to just act as a "wall" to SC players who aren't pro-streamers. (and hence have an army of fanboys/guildmates to back them up) This isn't exactly beneficial to the game at all.

The game is now (counting alpha) around 7 years old. Some existing mechanics that have remained unchanged, naturally, should be looked at.

(also, InB4 all the white knights who wanna rush to defend the "honour" of the status quo)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Sep 25, 2018, 6:07:21 PM
thanks alot man
appreciate that you agree with some of the points i mentioned :)
how dare someone get a mild penalty for failing, amirite?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
-10%?? small??
dude
you do maps
you lose 1 portal on death plus you lose 10% exp every time ...
death is punishment enough
i died yeah but -10% exp wont make me better it just disappoints me and wants me not to play the game anymore
If you can't stay alive, you do not deserve to get to levels 90++ :O
Death penalty to XP is a good thing. It makes death feel bad at high levels which allows you to progress in making better builds and making better in-game decisions. If death would have no XP penalty then everyone would play glass cannons with 1k life without a single life passive or single life mod on a item.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
itt: player using a tabula is complaining about a mild exp penalty on death

edit: and no shield. *facepalm*
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Sep 25, 2018, 10:36:18 PM
I spy a couple of newbies that've probably never hit level 90 once. I mean, they've got something to hide, if they're hiding their challenge/character list.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
If you can't stay alive, you do not deserve to get to levels 90++ :O

[Removed by Support]
this game mechanic just breaks the fun of the game and is frustrating
i spend like 10 hours a day on this game grinding sometimes i fail often
at least they could do something like you get less exp for next 200 mio exp cap...
i grind for hours to progress and then it needs one lagg or one second of something else and i lose 10%
thats just rediculous
could we please lvl backwards so no noobs play this game? [Removed by Support]

"
Death penalty to XP is a good thing. It makes death feel bad at high levels which allows you to progress in making better builds and making better in-game decisions. If death would have no XP penalty then everyone would play glass cannons with 1k life without a single life passive or single life mod on a item.

let me decide how i play ok? its not a competetive game if someone wants a challange they should go play hardcore

"
robmafia wrote:
itt: player using a tabula is complaining about a mild exp penalty on death

edit: and no shield. *facepalm*

dude thats my playstyle ... what has my opinion about death penalty to do with my characters and their gear?
i could of course play a juggernaut and never die
but thats boring af ...
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Sep 28, 2018, 10:05:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info