Does anyone feel like map rolling is dated?

What zana modding this league has shown is that map rolling is really cost inefficient and almost pointless. After the nerf, map pack size rolls have been normalized to a point where even with a massive 5 chaos investment (the cost of a t14 map) you are still not very likely to get a 35+ pack size map with decent quantity.

I have personally found zana modding - essentially 1-alch on T15 and T16 maps really optimal compared to actually putting chaos on a map even though T15 and zana7 have normalized in cost.

What map tier do you run (or do you run zana maps all day) and how much chaos per map do you tend to invest before dunking it into the map machine?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2018, 4:08:50 PM
Chain t16s
A lot of scouring and Alchemy
A few chaos
Has to be 85%

Has to be Onslaught for more Sulphite

I spend a lot but I get it all back from carries lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
t12 I alc and go, t13 couple chis, alc scour till 20+, t14/15 3/4 chis alc scour 24+ 1/2 sextant. Haven't decided if i should shape t16 this time. I prefered it when alt regal was semi viable due to packsize on certain mods.
i run all map tiers. right now i'll run t14/15/16s as chisel + alch. i do not reroll anything unless its under 60% which it basically never is. i'll run this with a zana mod.
this is to complete the 300 zana mod achievement.
my shaped t14/15/16s i'll fully sextant when i get groups of 3

next i'll run t11/12/13 as alch/vaal and run those. no chisel, no reroll. this is to complete the 300 corrupted map achievement, and also 8 mod thing and stuff.

then i'll run shaped t9/10s to gather up regular 9s and 10s. once i have sets of 3 of whatever tier 9/10 i'll sextant them up and chisel/alch. no corrupt no reroll. then i'll run these zana shaped.

once i get to 16k sulhpite i'll run some delves.

edit: too be clear, i've always gone by the rule of do not invest more than what that map is worth. for that cost, you might as well buy another map. it just isn't logical in my opinion since RNG is RNG. you could still get 5-8 map drops in that one map with only 25 pack size instead of 30, or still get zero.
the only currency that is worth it is alcehmy, sextants, prophecies, and zana mods. ones that guarantee lots of more mobs.
im starting to really consider if chisels are worth it at all....
Last edited by xMustard on Sep 23, 2018, 8:57:17 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

edit: too be clear, i've always gone by the rule of do not invest more than what that map is worth. for that cost, you might as well buy another map. it just isn't logical in my opinion since RNG is RNG. you could still get 5-8 map drops in that one map with only 25 pack size instead of 30, or still get zero.
the only currency that is worth it is alcehmy, sextants, prophecies, and zana mods. ones that guarantee lots of more mobs.
im starting to really consider if chisels are worth it at all....

I think I would only chisel something that is worth more than at least twice the cost of 4 chisels which at the moment is 3.6 chaos (almost a T13 map) not so much that the 1.8 chaos worth of chisels will not net a gain (At 20% map quantity - they pretty much always will) but because it signifies you could probably run higher tier maps for high overall net gain assuming you are not bleeding exp.
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 23, 2018, 9:05:24 PM
ya the way i've looked at it is i'll chisel anything that has a chance of dropping a t16, which is t14s and zana shaped t9s.

kinda sucks you can't zana shape your shaped maps, cause that would be some epic crazy map sustain right there.
If you don't use chisels on maps... what are you saving them for?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you don't use chisels on maps... what are you saving them for?

You can sell them for chaos and then for maps.

One issue with people complaining about map drops is that unless the map drops a map, everything else is considered a chop liver, when really everything that drops can be transformed into currency which by extension is a map.
see I never really factor in market value on rolling maps. Normally I am challenging myself to self sustain.
it often seems like when people are rolling their maps they don't consider market value

they'll spend 15c rolling a map that only cost 4

sextants can somewhat be worth because their cost is spread over 3 maps, but even then it really depends on the map and such. but having a sextant that can add zana to each map....that fuckin shit is OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info