Does anyone feel like map rolling is dated?

For me the problem is that mild investment is like throwing maps/currency away. You have to invest significantly in a few different layered ways that synergize together to get any real profit in high tier maps. It's an all or nothing kind of micro-managing, and just really not that fun (for me, anyway.)
Or you can alch + vaal
Zana T15 for 6c seems to be the best way to go now as long as you can run all mods. Just choose a good T10, get your Elder blob to it, sextant, and then run it all day long. Sell all other maps to buy the T10 you're running.

Easy profits too whilst you're leveling up. No need to magic find and use crappy IIQ gear because there's always demand for T15/T16 maps as people always need them to farm Uber Elder.

It does get boring after a while though. I've got about two tabs of T16 Guardian maps to sell. All farmed in the last two weeks and those two tabs are what's left after selling a load too.

My T16 shaped vs T15 Zana comparison:

With shaped T16 I would need to:
- roll maps well for sustain
- block all T16 Guardian maps. Big loss of profit here.
- have to maintain Elder blob for sustain

With T15 shaped through Zana I get:
- big profit from selling all T16 Guardian maps.
- low upfront cost. 3c/4c per map + 6c for Zana mod.
- no worry about sustain. There's enough T10 maps in market to buy in bulk.
- don't really need to chisel or add fragments because everything that drops is only for profit and not for self sustain.
- can also use 5 sextants if running T10 Shipyard. T16 shaped is limited to 4 sextants as Guardians have to be blocked.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Sep 24, 2018, 2:46:40 PM
Map grinding is about the worst thing about the game.
Invariably there will be one map - from tier 4 up - that simply will not drop and you're *forced* to buy.

You have utterly zero control over what gets rolled on a map (well, you do *now*, if you want to piss away fossils).

Acts 1-10 get pretty damnably boring after one or two chars on a new league, compounded by the mind numbing boredom trying to get maps to drop so you can progress.

Delve offered some respite, but you done fucked that off now so... yeah. Far be it they actually find something most players are finding some enjoyment out of and don't screw it up for everyone as soon as they possibly can.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"Does anyone feel like map rolling is dated?"

I have that from very beginning.

Playing highest possible maps, most of time lvl 15: chisel, alch, vaal. I do not use sextants - too much clicking and waste of time.
Mapping nowadays:

Waste time dealing with worst trading system ever created to buy enough map currency. Oh right, first you must have currency, a lot of currency.
So you start with selling maps or whatever to generate currency.

Each map excluding buying maps, putting them in stash tab and making them wait requires you to:
use chisel 4 times
at least 1 alch
at least 1 vaal

so at least 6 click in total just to prepare a map. Now you must sort your maps (very funny thing to do after rolling over 100 maps). When you wonder why you waste remaining time of your pathetic existence in this world you can finally map a little bit.
But first use sextants on maps ... every 3 maps...
Ok, now after few hours of having fun with mapping (fun ruined by constant sextant&prophecy rerolling) you must spend about hour selling maps you are not interested to run to have enough currency buy in next few hours more sextants, vaal, chisels, prophecy and vaal fragments (buying prophecy is the funiest part, you can't even pay extra and buy in bulk most of the times).

Now you can repeat process again and again and again.

Worth to mention, not everybody can use this amazing method of having some fun after hours of nightmare also known as trading. According to 10k burial chambers video many people must generate map currency so one person can use it all the time. It's like 1 person "enjoy" the game while 5 or more run burial chambers all the time having fun white empty maps.

Also RNG is RNG. After like 50 shaped orchard maps i found enough easy to sell maps to break-even with what i wasted. Sure if i sell small currency and other, less wanted maps i would make a profit but it's not fun at all.

We should not forget about shaper/elder fun. Especially now when we can't just spawn guardians so we must keep attention on influence all the time.

Personally i would enjoy much more easier access to maps we want to run. Alch and go should be enough to sustain specific map for yourself. Sextants and other map currencies should be just an option, optional thing to do if u want to maximize fun and other drops.
With delve dumping currency on me I've been pretty liberal with chisels this league. I've been running 13+ and will 20% quality every one of them, then alc and scour for 30% pack size. If I don't get 30% within 3 tries I will throw a vaal orb on it. If I do get 30% pack size I'll do Zana bloodlines and a frag or two.

Also will typically run nearby maps so I will have at least one sextant going. I get more sextants than I use thanks to delving, so it's dumb not to use them imo.

I do not feel like it's dated. Zana is a dice roll even though it's usually worth it. Rolling your own maps usually results in a lot better mods.
Last edited by MikeHoncho on Sep 24, 2018, 4:12:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info