IGN is right.....after all

"
hydrodyne19 wrote:
After the epilogue, I feel like I've already finished the game though I've done maps. The thrill....and adventure....is just GONE.

Gearing is all that matters end game. Doing map is repetitive, kept farming currencies just to exchange with good items late game, but hey I never had that ideal item set.

Of all the games I played I can say that Tera Online has the best gearing end game - not very tiring, not very expensive and still enjoy late game with exciting combat system, skill is what all matters in Tera Online(small difference between end game gear and pre-end game gears) compared to PoE which is gearing(high tier gears has huge impact on skills).

I might return though, right now, kinda bored doing things over and over again.

(1) This is an ARPG - and even more specifically, a loot-based ARPG. The entire point of the genre is leveling up a character via skill points (sometimes attribute points too) and getting slowly more powerful over time via better gear. THIS IS THE ENTIRE GENRE.

(2) You are trying to compare an MMO with an ARPG and it doesn't work that way. Endgame progression in an MMO is typically very structured with dungeons and raids required to gear up. ARPGs typically have the same sense of gear progression through the levelling process and then it is improvement by inches once you reach levelling cap. Again, this has been the genre since it was popularized.

It has been said, perhaps PoE, and loot-based ARPGs, are not your cup of tea. That's okay, we all have our favorites.

Edit and addition: there are a contingent of people that enjoy this game for the leveling, but you will find the majority wants to zip through the 10 acts as fast as possible to get to mapping so they can start getting better gear for fleshing out their character.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Sep 24, 2018, 11:15:43 AM
"
Yeah I bet you're good as IGN too yo yo 85 hours to beat act 10

HAHAHAHAH

It's more than likely with the persons past video game experience working for IGN, that the 85 hours to beat the game was at the request of the game company being reviewed. For brand new players "85 hours of main campaign paytime?!?!" seems absolutely fantastic
"
Blakwhysper wrote:
"
Yeah I bet you're good as IGN too yo yo 85 hours to beat act 10

HAHAHAHAH

It's more than likely with the persons past video game experience working for IGN, that the 85 hours to beat the game was at the request of the game company being reviewed. For brand new players "85 hours of main campaign paytime?!?!" seems absolutely fantastic

I entirely agree with this asessment, more than likely they mean something along the lines of "You get an average of 85 hours of playtime out of this game"

It is literally impossible that someone that plays games for a living will take this long to go through the main campaign. Not even with white gear.

And people should really see the review as what it is, the IGN guy is saying that PoE has enough meat in its storyline for players to enjoy just this aspect of the game.
I've met lots of folks in game who just play the game, they don't watch streams or read the forums or consult build guides.

They just play.

They see the complexity and try to absorb everything.

They decide to grab a few minions, use 3 or 4 spells, and a weapon gem or two.

They are too Orb poor to ever think of anything more than a 3 link, and with so many skills to support they couldn't use a 5L anyhow.

They get conned into thinking all skills are end game viable and decide to use Fireball as one of their fire skills and freezing pulse as their cold skill and arc as their lightning skill.

Drop in a few Zombies and Skeletons and they are off.

Of course they will hit a wall. Nothing in the game tells them that they should stick to 1 single skill and button mash the shit out of it.

Nothing in the game tells them that 80% of the skills won't take them to the end game or that Melee is #$%#%#$% without top of the line gear (and a single skill specialization).

Try killing one of the Act bosses like Innocence with a 3 link fireball and tell me how that goes for you.

It would help ALOT if the tutorials mentioned that trying to use 6 radically different skills will not work and that you should try to Master only 1 or 2 with synergies.
"
RockGod wrote:

Try killing one of the Act bosses like Innocence with a 3 link fireball and tell me how that goes for you.

It's not really the links that kick your ass in the lower levels, but the limitations from the gem itself. Since your typical skill has its base damage adjusted by gem level, no links or 6 the initial numbers are small so they only get boosted slightly.

It's easier to kill innocence with an unlinked level 20 fireball than it is for a more level appropriate character even with 6 links.
Yep, totally over league play.
Who the fuck uses fireball wtf
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Who the fuck uses fireball wtf

Every witch at level 1?
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account: