IGN is right.....after all

Man i have over 3000 hours of TERA and close to 400 hours of POE. This is the first leage i play seriously.

I can tell you TERA is WAY more repetitive than this game, and the fact that you MUST play with other people making parties makes it so the drop and progression is way slower doe to other people rolling higher on the good drop, and doing an instance for nothing. And sometimes you need 30-40 pieces of a 6-7 piece item to craft, and you can run over 100 instances of the same thing and not even be half way through.

POE is repetitive but every map you do has different mods, make it seem different. Plus the fact that you always get something out of a map, or just more maps, in contrary to TERA or other big MMOs with Raids dividing all the loot.

I can tell you this game requires skill, at some point you start dying to stuff you didn't die and personally i had to start moving and dodging and managing my flasks better in order to keep progressing. To me the thrill and adventure are still out there, i've done 2 normal elders so far, trying to complete my first atlas, and the game now added Crafting on delve which is so much more content.

POE gets repetitive after several leagues probably, but that happens to every game.
"
Yeah 85 hours to beat the campaign even the worst poe people aren't that fucking terrible

Dogshit dude

I spend 2 weeks before i reached maps for a very first time ;c
It took me that long before i get bored farming merciless ledge. During this 2 weeks i found 2 exalted orbs. I scammed myself with buying tabula rasa for 1 ex but i also made a good deal buying lvl 1, 20% quantity increased item quantity gem also for 1 ex ;D

Much better review than those IGN casuals

Path Of Exile Review | Sponsored by Tibet™
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
That's kind of my point. The game doesn't REQUIRE skill... it allows for you to develop skills. You can finish this game without any skill at all, if you define "finish" by spending 85 hours playing through the ten acts and quit. Players do that. They have fun. There's no reason to put them down for it. It's just a different use of the environment that we're given.

I agree about the combat system being a bit lacking. They've definetly improved a lot with instant skills, attack in place and some movement buffs.

One big problem is monster density in maps, unless you juicing them up with sextants + elder influence + prohecies + 22%+ packsize they feel like a ghost town. Also open maps feel like shit compared to indoor maps.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Well seems like the ARPG part lost it's meaning somewhere in the past,according to IGN and the OP at least.

As for Tera...oh boy do i have things to say. Such potential but sadly it failed to the korean MMO formula that befalls them all. Bought the collector edition even before it was official and to this very day i hate what Bluehole did with the game...

Well that's a story for a different forum,as for this one,it would seem that ARPG's ain't for you.
"
morbo wrote:
Much better review than those IGN casuals

Path Of Exile Review | Sponsored by Tibet™

most accurate description of POE I have ever seen. . .
The only time I read reviews is when I check the steam community reviews.
Lack of objectivity from reviewer but also from people here.

The core game is a mess with plenty of stuff from previews leagues that have no explanation or even look like they do not belong.

IGN guy was a crook overall but he did raise some good critics in between is horrible review.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Not sure why we would want people that listen to what IGN says around here anyway.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info