Hate this fuckin Uberlab

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I've never seen saw blades when I am casually mapping, why is that? Answer the question please.

Because you're playing the maps that don't have them in it. That was too easy....

I see random spirits, breches, essences, and all that other crap but I never seen random traps why? Tell me oh wise one why random traps were never implemented into the core game if they are not broken.
I can't do much more than /facepalm at this point I think ... honestly.

Oh well, that was 'fun'.
Keep hating and bitching if you want, I'll keep having fun.

Cheers
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
Lab is pretty much fine now, deal with it.

Says who? Some random schmuck on the internet. See, lets do the reverse.

Lab is broken, unfun and not needed, deal with it.

Oh, I'm "dealing with it", the lab has been there since ascendancy, and has not changed for a while :).
I'm enjoying running it and enjoying the fact that it's part of the story and character progression.

And I will keep enjoying it, and I have no doubt that you will keep bitching about it while I will be having fun it in.

Cheers.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Your definition of whats broken is apparently different from mine.

Oh I know that people without arguments or anything will try to twist words to try to find their way out of a "discussion".

"
pphnx wrote:
Playing ability to dodge traps shows NOTHING in this game.

Oh yes it does, it shows player that are fine with using their brains and can overcome what the game puts in front of them, without needing to resort to other people's build and Fotm type characters (@arc/totems traps, impulsa, etc ... ).

There is not much patience to be had if the lab is a trivial, quick experience ( even if you don't like running it ), as you are pretending that it's not a test for you.
If it would take more than 10% of your total playtime on a character for example, then yeah ... indeed it would make sense.
But it really doesn't.

Ahh yes, waiting for burning land cool down or passing it whit a fast movemtnt skill is a great way to test a player brain. Because land is hot so I have to wait or jump fast over it so I have a brain. Or may be warping to the non spiked areas is testing so hard the playing ability...

If a player can pass this traps they are ready for uber elder fight for sure.

So what about a build with high ehp and regen can easily pass all the traps with taking all the trap damage and still outregen it? Is it testing player laziness or stupidity?
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I've never seen saw blades when I am casually mapping, why is that? Answer the question please.

Because you're playing the maps that don't have them in it. That was too easy....

I see random spirits, breches, essences, and all that other crap but I never seen random traps why? Tell me oh wise one why random traps were never implemented into the core game if they are not broken.

I just did. You can't just exclude the 3 maps you mentioned because they are bad for your side of the argument.

Edit: Ah, thanks pphnx. I had completely forgotten about the map with the lava floor. I'm sure there are likely more examples, I've yet to get 100% atlas completion or even get to the Shaper. Such is the burden those who don't want to buy maps bears.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Sep 24, 2018, 5:12:08 AM
So according to your expert opinion perandus chests and content in general are not broken because we have remnants of them in ivory temple for example. Do you agree with what I am saying?
"
pphnx wrote:
If a player can pass this traps they are ready for uber elder fight for sure.

If a player cannot navigate through traps, then that player is definitely not ready for Uber elder, thank you for the good example.

"
pphnx wrote:

So what about a build with high ehp and regen can easily pass all the traps with taking all the trap damage and still outregen it? Is it testing player laziness or stupidity?

Can't do that in normal, likely not in cruel to begin with.
And won't completely outregen the sawblades, etc ... ( not before reaching a really advanced stage of the game, and only on very aprticular setups. Which is fine, there need to be all kind of characters in this game ).

"
Shovelcut wrote:

I just did. You can't just exclude the 3 maps you mentioned because they are bad for your side of the argument.

Or the incursion temple ( that I mentioned already ), but you know ....
Spoiler
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 24, 2018, 5:12:53 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

Honestly, I think that we should really stop.

"It's not that it's the normal content, this boss has it because because because .... oh yes, it's lab related !!" /rofl.

You're probably right but after 2 years we've finally heard something new from their side. :)

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
So according to your expert opinion perandus chests and content in general are not broken because we have remnants of them in ivory temple for example. Do you agree with what I am saying?

I don't know what you're talking about, at this point I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about. So I'm gonna just let you do you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Sep 24, 2018, 5:17:19 AM
Cant answer, huh? Thats what I wanted to see. Keep patting each other on the backs, you two are alone in this.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Sep 24, 2018, 5:15:47 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Cant answer, huh? Thats what I wanted to see. Keep patting each other on the backs, you two are alone in this.

No, can't answer because the questions are nonsense.

If you actually want to have a conversation then please define "broken". Otherwise, it's not worth either of our time.
Lets break it down slowly for you to understand

Your argument that the lab is not broken is because we have lab mechanics in maps.
I am asking you since we have perandus mechanics in maps does this mean perandus is not broken too?

3 options

1. You agree that perandus was broken which makes your lab things in maps argument invalid.
2. You agree that perandus was not broken which makes your whole argument hilarious.
3. You dodge like you are doing now because you understand that both 1. and 2. don't serve your purpose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info