Hate this fuckin Uberlab

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
I like the labyrinth. It brought something that encouraged you to do something besides hold the right mouse button down until everything on your screen got deleted before moving on. Now you have to pay attention to traps and consider positioning?

OH THE HORROR!

That is drastically oversimplifying the complaint. There are lots of fights where positioning is important. It's the frogger aspect of navigating lab traps that I find annoying. It's just not fun. And people are not complaining because OTHER people like it. They are complaining because a required part of character advancement is gated behind something they find abysmally unfun.

I think it's great that some people like labyrinth and I would never advocate removing it. I do think they need to remove ascendancy points from the lab though. Leave the enchants and rewards exactly as they are for people that like to run lab but let those of us that don't avoid it. It's just not an avoidable part of the game any more.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Sep 22, 2018, 4:39:40 PM
"
You can study lab mechanics in lvl 33 lab until you learn them and be able to run any lab.

"
huetzer wrote:
ty GGG

Blaming GGG for you being newb is stupid.

You're the noob compared to huetzer. Huetzer joined in 2012, you in 2016. Huetzer has stated his dislike for the horrible lab content long ago. This is the first thread he started on the subject though. Check your facts please before making unfounded personal attacks.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
demonstorm wrote:
Op has a point. I have around 5k hours in this game and there's nothing I hate more than labyrinth / trials due to traps and some of them are obscure or in total darkness. It's that mechanic that makes me shake my head at every league start ("now I have to do lab, oh great").

I don't know why they forced a hardcore experience on everyone. If people want hardcore, they should go play hardcore. I never liked this game hardcore wise cause some builds are totally incompatible with hardcore (an extreme example is cast on death).

They could at least put checkpoints after each izaro phase so you wouldn't redo the whole lab. I would pay an offering for each death just so I wouldn't run the same shit again.

Hi demonstorm, I added you to the esteemed list of people that have voiced a dislike of labyrinth in the Feedback and Suggestions forum, now at 1004 players.

Over 400 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1000 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
How exactly do you tell if someone is a noob or not due to their join date?

Join date has absolutely nothing to do with how much someone does or doesn't play. It also doesn't have anything to do with how much someone knows about the game.

Now, post history and challenge history shows the OP likely didn't start playing the game "seriously" until 2016. That doesn't really hint if they are a noob or not either but it's a better signifier than join date.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Sep 22, 2018, 5:07:00 PM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
How exactly do you tell if someone is a noob or not due to their join date?

Join date has absolutely nothing to do with how much someone does or doesn't play. It also doesn't have anything to do with how much someone knows about the game.

Now, post history and challenge history shows the OP likely didn't start playing the game "seriously" until 2016. That doesn't really hint if they are a noob or not either but it's a better signifier than join date.

DivineChampion stated as FACT that huetzer was a noob. We know that Huetzer was playing the game over a year ago because he was first added to the list over a year ago. That and him joining PoE in 2012 is the data available. It's better to use some data than using zero data like DivineChampion, data easily available! Using available data is better than pulling bullshit out of one's ass. The available data, IMHO, shots down the DivineChampion falsely stated fact that huetzer was a noob.
"
Turtledove wrote:
The available data, IMHO, shots down the DivineChampion falsely stated fact that huetzer was a noob.

No it doesn't.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Turtledove wrote:
DivineChampion stated as FACT that huetzer was a noob.

This isn't true. I assumed OP is a newb (new player). And if you spent a minute to read the discussion instead of making rage posts you would found i've already refused my assumption above.

Everything else you wrote is based on your misunderstanding and I see no point to answer it.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
demonstorm wrote:
Op has a point. I have around 5k hours in this game and there's nothing I hate more than labyrinth / trials due to traps and some of them are obscure or in total darkness. It's that mechanic that makes me shake my head at every league start ("now I have to do lab, oh great").

I don't know why they forced a hardcore experience on everyone. If people want hardcore, they should go play hardcore. I never liked this game hardcore wise cause some builds are totally incompatible with hardcore (an extreme example is cast on death).

They could at least put checkpoints after each izaro phase so you wouldn't redo the whole lab. I would pay an offering for each death just so I wouldn't run the same shit again.

Hi demonstorm, I added you to the esteemed list of people that have voiced a dislike of labyrinth in the Feedback and Suggestions forum, now at 1004 players.

Over 400 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1000 posters in support

Dude, lab has already been super nerfed, what else you want ??
"
LiberAlley wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
demonstorm wrote:

Dude, lab has already been super nerfed, what else you want ??

Good question!

1. Make ascendancy points available without having to go through the bad not fun labyrinth content.

If this can't be done or until this can be done;
2. Make getting the six endgame trials more predictable.
3. Allow rentry to the labyrinth in the case of a disconnect.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
The available data, IMHO, shots down the DivineChampion falsely stated fact that huetzer was a noob.

No it doesn't.

That is my stated opinion. Give your own opinion but it is ridiculous to assert that it is not my opinion.

edit: Thinking about it, perhaps you were arguing the nonsense that there's some minuscule small chance that you don't really believe but like to argue it's not proven. Like your stupid ridiculous argument that the 1004 people on the list of people that have said there's something about lab that they don't like could really just be me with 1000 alt accounts nonsense. If that's the case then sorry for misunderstanding your nonsense.
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 22, 2018, 7:28:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info