Hate this fuckin Uberlab

"
Phaeded wrote:
I can do it but I hate it. And for me, the traps are annoying as fuck. They are 90% of the reason I dislike the lab. The other 10% is having to start from scratch if you fail at the end. You know why? Not because I'm a "newb" or because I don't know how to beat Izaro. It's because the entire concept is annoying to me.

Thank you! You worded that much better than I would've.

I hate all Labyrinths, from Normal to Uber. They truly annoy the hell out of me and that's NOT because I fail to complete them because I nearly always do, and the handful of times I've died it's been to traps in the Uber version.

Thanks to the negative enjoyment value I run Normal, Cruel and Merciless once per character, and I only do the Uber Lab if my character *really* needs the extra points. Most of the time I skip it, though. Not worth the rage. Yeah, rage. Some rooms literally make me angry, I just want to punch whoever designed that stupid garbage. And I'm really a very peaceful and chill guy.
"
Turtledove wrote:
1. Make ascendancy points available without having to go through the bad not fun labyrinth content.

Labyrinth content is good and fun thus no changes needed. Turns out it is easy to have a discussion :)
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
"
Turtledove wrote:
1. Make ascendancy points available without having to go through the bad not fun labyrinth content.

Labyrinth content is good and fun thus no changes needed. Turns out it is easy to have a discussion :)

You have a fine opinion!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
The available data, IMHO, shots down the DivineChampion falsely stated fact that huetzer was a noob.

No it doesn't.

That is my stated opinion.

Was that ever in question?

"
Turtledove wrote:

Give your own opinion

I did, my opinion is that yours is wrong. And there is "data" to prove it. Compare their profiles beyond just the join date.

"
Turtledove wrote:
but it is ridiculous to assert that it is not my opinion.

I never did that.

I forgot what it was like to converse with you, my bad for initiating this whole exchange.

Spoiler
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I quited game few times before I had to enter Lab. Later, when I get mentally prepared to do something unpleasant only to get points, I enter it, do the job, and return never again.

GGG made bad decision with Lab. Imo if we have choice to play it or not, than Lab would be much better perceived.

I have seen Labyrinth concept here on forum - it looked great on paper (really perfect work), but in practice its a pure pain. Its not even labyrinth but obstacle course with straying from what arpg is mainly about.

No, I dont like Lab, its garbage in current state.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
I like the labyrinth. It brought something that encouraged you to do something besides hold the right mouse button down until everything on your screen got deleted before moving on. Now you have to pay attention to traps and consider attention positioning?

No, you dont!

If you have a lab farmer build you will not care about traps at all.
My current build can walk through all these traps without problems and does not give a shit about Izaro mechanics.
So, I have no idea about what "attention" and "positioning" you are talking about.

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

No it doesn't.

That is my stated opinion.

Was that ever in question?

"
Turtledove wrote:

Give your own opinion

I did, my opinion is that yours is wrong. And there is "data" to prove it. Compare their profiles beyond just the join date.

More total nonsense, okay here's the data that in your opinion proves he's a noob. He joined PoE in 2012 and we know he was actively playing a year ago. Let's look at some more of the data like you say. Hmmm he has 8 characters level 80 to 89, 6 characters in the 90's. There's a level 76 SSF Hardcore character also. You think that data proves he's a noob!!

Perhaps I missed the data that proves he's a noob. Maybe some flask setup on a character that you don't like? Sorry, Shovelcut nonsense proven once again.

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I never did that.

I forgot what it was like to converse with you, my bad for initiating this whole exchange.

Spoiler

XOXOXOXX bye
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 23, 2018, 1:19:42 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:

More total nonsense, okay here's the data that in your opinion proves he's a noob. He joined PoE in 2012 and we know he was actively playing a year ago. Let's look at some more of the data like you say. Hmmm he has 8 characters level 80 to 89, 6 characters in the 90's. There's a level 76 SSF Hardcore character also. You think that data proves he's a noob!!

Perhaps I missed the data that proves he's a noob. Maybe some flask setup on a character that you don't like? Sorry, Shovelcut nonsense proven once again.

Ugh, I already know it's pointless but...

The only thing we've proven here is that you're missing the obvious. Go back and look deeper because I told you what data proves that your opinion is misinformed.

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

I never did that.

Spoiler

XOXOXOXX bye

Later.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I used to hate the Lab's design until I built a Jugg the first time. Not really a "dedicated Lab farmer" (I'm not into endless repetition of the same content), but with lots of armor, charges, health regen, you'll always be well prepared for Labs and Trials.

So:
Select a Marauder.
Select Juggernaut class in the first Lab.
Take Unflinching (you always have all Endurance charges).
Next Lab is already a cakewalk, take Unbreakable (prevented damage is regened back to you as life). This plus CWDT - Immortal Call turn Mercilab and Uber Lab into easy mode. You basically cannot die in Lab anymore.

...and then go explore. Spend some time in there. Full clear it.

There are so many great ideas in the Lab. Hidden rooms, riddles and puzzles, leading to keys, treasure, shrines, chests etc.

They put a lot of love into it, it's a shame so many players just rush through it, missing all the nice little things along the path.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I used to hate the Lab's design until I built a Jugg the first time. Not really a "dedicated Lab farmer" (I'm not into endless repetition of the same content), but with lots of armor, charges, health regen, you'll always be well prepared for Labs and Trials.

So:
Select a Marauder.
Select Juggernaut class in the first Lab.
Take Unflinching (you always have all Endurance charges).
Next Lab is already a cakewalk, take Unbreakable (prevented damage is regened back to you as life). This plus CWDT - Immortal Call turn Mercilab and Uber Lab into easy mode. You basically cannot die in Lab anymore.

...and then go explore. Spend some time in there. Full clear it.

There are so many great ideas in the Lab. Hidden rooms, riddles and puzzles, leading to keys, treasure, shrines, chests etc.

They put a lot of love into it, it's a shame so many players just rush through it, missing all the nice little things along the path.

I'd suggest doing the same with all chars when in the lab. Play like the traps aren't there, pretend like they don't exist, stick your head in the sand like GGG with the lab issue. Works wonders for up to merc lab. If you die just think of it as a bug in the code like the mario design that infiltrated this arpg.

This strategy is mostly usable in sc but hc is deader than the horse that would represent the lab issue but no one seems to care anyway so...

Lets all stick our heads in the sand and join GGG!
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info