[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

Hi all,

Thanks to Vei for this guide. I have played totems for like 9 leagues in a row now, from Ancestral warchief, to RF totems, to GC, to Arc, to Freezing Pulse, to HFT. This is my first time trying attack based totem since GGG gutted the Soul Mantle (i hate the feeling of farming 14ex every league for the Atziri Reflection, uggh)

Im a pretty big fan of totems, but This build made me fall in love with totems all over again. I feel like im playing a bow build, i am actually zoooming through maps too fast and my old eyes and hand sometimes panic haha.

I'm actually having so much fun zooming thru atlas and t15 maps. Killed Sirus for the first time too :)

I am the No.8 top DPS in poeninja. Can someone tell me why am i like half of the top guy there? He has almost 1 mil DPS and im only at 516k. I went to POB and gear wise, all i can see is that if i swap my corruption to fire and corrupt my quillrain, it will only raise me to 570k. This is the first time im trying to push my totem build and learning POB. My gear is as good as him, from what i can see (there's no way a few percent ele damage difference on the belts and rings are putting it to double the dps, is there?)

Much thanks in advance everyone!
"
Hi all,

Thanks to Vei for this guide. I have played totems for like 9 leagues in a row now, from Ancestral warchief, to RF totems, to GC, to Arc, to Freezing Pulse, to HFT. This is my first time trying attack based totem since GGG gutted the Soul Mantle (i hate the feeling of farming 14ex every league for the Atziri Reflection, uggh)

Im a pretty big fan of totems, but This build made me fall in love with totems all over again. I feel like im playing a bow build, i am actually zoooming through maps too fast and my old eyes and hand sometimes panic haha.

I'm actually having so much fun zooming thru atlas and t15 maps. Killed Sirus for the first time too :)

Thanks for sharing your story and great to hear that you are having lots of fun with it! And Congrats on the Sirus kill! :)

"
I am the No.8 top DPS in poeninja. Can someone tell me why am i like half of the top guy there? He has almost 1 mil DPS and im only at 516k. I went to POB and gear wise, all i can see is that if i swap my corruption to fire and corrupt my quillrain, it will only raise me to 570k. This is the first time im trying to push my totem build and learning POB. My gear is as good as him, from what i can see (there's no way a few percent ele damage difference on the belts and rings are putting it to double the dps, is there?)

The reason why he has so much DPS is because he is using the new Divergent Ballista Totem and it's currently not recognized by POB, which means, he doesn't have both "Supported Skills Deals 33% Less Damage" and "Attacks used by Totem have 50% less Attack Speed" from Ballista Totem factored into his DPS calculation.

Changing Divergent Ballista Totem to a normal Ballista Totem, his DPS shows 612k, which makes more sense now :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Thanks, Vei.

Guess, i'll just improve on my belt and gloves towards your POB, and try for the fire enchant and fix/improve my gem. Should get me to 650k (4.5 mil total dps)and call it good. I'm already full blasting T16 maps. Maybe just swap barrage in for end game bossing and that should be fine.

Edit: Btw, i didn't see enchantment suggestions in the guide. In almost all totem builds, we can put either of these 2 enchant:

1.)Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently

Just something for easy dps increase. This is the best enchant and boots enchant are fairly easy to get.

2.)120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently

This usually work and give similar dps (2nd best)

3.)Usually spell totem builds such as arc totems can do Adds 1 to 160 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently but since this build scales on fire, its a marginal increase (probably like, 1% lmao) (3rd best)

For helmet, TECHNICALLY, you can get a frostferno with the ele hit enchant (40% dmg inc) and THEN try to corrupt but lol good luck. Realistically, this is just not feasible. Probably if youre min-maxed with nothing to do.

For gloves, most on hit enchant can be used but honestly, gloves enchants are just meh.:/

Last edited by crimsonraziel9 on Sep 25, 2020, 12:43:45 PM
"
Thanks, Vei.

Guess, i'll just improve on my belt and gloves towards your POB, and try for the fire enchant and fix/improve my gem. Should get me to 650k (4.5 mil total dps)and call it good. I'm already full blasting T16 maps. Maybe just swap barrage in for end game bossing and that should be fine.

Edit: Btw, i didn't see enchantment suggestions in the guide. In almost all totem builds, we can put either of these 2 enchant:

1.)Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently

Just something for easy dps increase. This is the best enchant and boots enchant are fairly easy to get.

2.)120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently

This usually work and give similar dps (2nd best)

3.)Usually spell totem builds such as arc totems can do Adds 1 to 160 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently but since this build scales on fire, its a marginal increase (probably like, 1% lmao) (3rd best)

For helmet, TECHNICALLY, you can get a frostferno with the ele hit enchant (40% dmg inc) and THEN try to corrupt but lol good luck. Realistically, this is just not feasible. Probably if youre min-maxed with nothing to do.

For gloves, most on hit enchant can be used but honestly, gloves enchants are just meh.:/

Yeah, I probably should include the few Boot Enchants somewhere. I think the ideal ones for boots are the 1st two you listed plus the movespeed and maybe the dodge spell hits one.

Will see where to fit the boot ones in the guide tomorrow :)

As for Helm and Gloves, yup, not feasible and meh like you said.

Cheers

Noob question. How do the unique jewels work? I just assumed that it's put in a particular place to satisfy the stat requirements (crimson and viridian). But when I read it again, it actually does not satisfy the requirements. How does that work exactly? Or my understanding is wrong?
"
_mrkvn wrote:
Noob question. How do the unique jewels work? I just assumed that it's put in a particular place to satisfy the stat requirements (crimson and viridian). But when I read it again, it actually does not satisfy the requirements. How does that work exactly? Or my understanding is wrong?

Let's take Combat Focus(Viridian Jewel) for example

Description on the Jewel

- (10-15)% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
- With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Elemental Hit and Wild Strike cannot choose Lightning
- With 40 total Dexterity and Strength in Radius, Elemental Hit and Wild Strike deal 50% less Lightning Damage

This means as long as there is a combined total of 40(Dexterity and/or Strength) which can be any combinations like:

- 20 Dex + 20 Str
- 10 Dex + 100 Str
- 0 Dex + 40 Str
- 60 Dex + 0 Str

Plus these Dexterity and Strength Notables/Small Passives doesn't need to be allocated with Passive Points, they just need to be in the Jewel's Radius.

The above will fulfill the requirements of the Combat Focus(Viridian Jewel).

Hope that explains.

Cheers

"
Vei wrote:

Let's take Combat Focus(Viridian Jewel) for example...

This means as long as there is a combined total of 40(Dexterity and/or Strength) which can be any combinations like:

- 20 Dex + 20 Str
- 10 Dex + 100 Str
- 0 Dex + 40 Str
- 60 Dex + 0 Str

Hope that explains.

Cheers

Oh right. I thought 40 each. Thanks for the help man.
Hey guys.

While im working on being n1 elehit with ballista totem on poe.ninja (j/k, no way i will maintain even top 5) i found a way to gain rampage without swapping items from inventory (gloves or belt) manualy.

Since we cannot use ballista totem with melee weapons and we deal 0 dmg i discovered a stupid workaround.

Spoiler

1. So, you need some weapon with rampage on weapon swap (i use dervish)
2. At the start of your map wield your bow normally.
3. when you encounter first mob you place totem, wait for it to fire a projectile
4. immidiately swap to your rampage weapon. Your totems will dissapear, but! projectile will still hit the target. and since we only need 1 kill to actually get rampage started and most of the time our ballistas will oneshot any white/blue/yellow mobs thats all we need.
5. weaponswap to bow again and zoom-zoom rest of the map. Hopefully it's something linear where you can maintain rampage till the end.

It's dumb but it works
Last edited by lolshie on Sep 26, 2020, 8:18:30 AM
"
_mrkvn wrote:
"
Vei wrote:

Let's take Combat Focus(Viridian Jewel) for example...

- 20 Dex + 20 Str
- 10 Dex + 100 Str
- 0 Dex + 40 Str
- 60 Dex + 0 Str

Hope that explains.

Cheers

Oh right. I thought 40 each. Thanks for the help man.

No problem, feel free to ask anytime if you have more questions :)

"
lolshie wrote:
Hey guys.

While im working on being n1 elehit with ballista totem on poe.ninja (j/k, no way i will maintain even top 5) i found a way to gain rampage without swapping items from inventory (gloves or belt) manualy.

Since we cannot use ballista totem with melee weapons and we deal 0 dmg i discovered a stupid workaround.

Spoiler

1. So, you need some weapon with rampage on weapon swap (i use dervish)
2. At the start of your map wield your bow normally.
3. when you encounter first mob you place totem, wait for it to fire a projectile
4. immidiately swap to your rampage weapon. Your totems will dissapear, but! projectile will still hit the target. and since we only need 1 kill to actually get rampage started and most of the time our ballistas will oneshot any white/blue/yellow mobs thats all we need.
5. weaponswap to bow again and zoom-zoom rest of the map. Hopefully it's something linear where you can maintain rampage till the end.

It's dumb but it works

Thanks for sharing the trick! I tested it myself for around 10 minutes, doesn't seem to be able to make it work, used same Dervish in off-hand like you. I probably am missing the timing or something(I did try several different bows)

I also tried unlearning Ancestral Bond to see if it makes any difference but still doesn't work.

If anyone tries it and manage to make it work, share with us if you don't mind :)

Last edited by Vei on Sep 26, 2020, 8:56:28 AM
"
Vei wrote:

Thanks for sharing the trick! I tested it myself for around 10 minutes, doesn't seem to be able to make it work, used same Dervish in off-hand like you. I probably am missing the timing or something(I did try several different bows)

I also tried unlearning Ancestral Bond to see if it makes any difference but still doesn't work.

If anyone tries it and manage to make it work, share with us if you don't mind :)

yeah, it's does not work 100% of the time for me too, more like 50. But i think it just takes some practice.
Also keep in mind that you cannot see rampage buff if you havent killed atleast 15 (or 20) mobs.

Also, i bought alt. qual frenzy - fires additional proj and dropped GMP. Running Onslaught now just for that extra oomph on bosses, but maybe there is something better?
Ofc awakened hextouch lvl5+flam is way better, but i dont want to spend 14 ex :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info