[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
Apostolos wrote:
The question I have is, since I originally played this build with totems and it was a really quite different than this iteration is the weapon swap you have in your pastebin. Why do you have a second weapon swap item and how do you utilize it

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for the confusion in the Pastebin, There isn't any weapon swap(For the Default build), they are just off-hand weapons used for leveling gems when I extracted my character to create the Pastebin. I will remove them when I update it to 3.12 to avoid confusion.

"
Apostolos wrote:
(...a 'how to actually play this build' section if you will).

It could be something that I can write about in the future but generally this build(Default version) is very simple, no special complicated mechanics/timers etc

- Turn on all auras(Grace/Summon Skitterbot/Precision)
- Blood Rage always up
- Fire Frenzy and Activate Berserk when we need additional DPS(Bosses, Rares, etc)
- Vaal Grace when we get hit hard
- Put totems

That's about it!

"
Apostolos wrote:
Also, (and this is just a little feedback on what imho makes a good writeup) I also do not see anything on flask usage (such as which ones are the most important or necessary for defense and dps and why as well as when specifically to use them) Again, that goes back to a "How to play this build" section.

As for Flasks I did describe them briefly under "10. Budget Equipment Details(To get this build going at Level 60)" and in more detail under "11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details"

Probably a bit hidden by placing them there, doesn't help that they are on Part 2 of the writeup(Ran out of space on Part 1 so no choice). I will see if I can make any improvement to the visibility.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Ah Thank you. I did miss that (my fault) I have been going over this guide the past couple of days off and on along side a leveling guide to refresh my memory on which quests give which rewards and things like that now as I go. I am rather looking forward to this league and thank you yet again for the guide and all the excellent feedback and replies I keep seeing.

I did look at poeninja and it looks like ele hit is only being used by less than 1% of the player base(unless I misread the stats..which is very possible lol) . That kind of surprised me since it was so fun the last time I played it. I guess this is really a niche build.

Last edited by Apostolos on Sep 15, 2020, 9:22:04 PM
"
Apostolos wrote:
I did look at poeninja and it looks like ele hit is only being used by less than 1% of the player base(unless I misread the stats..which is very possible lol) . That kind of surprised me since it was so fun the last time I played it. I guess this is really a niche build.

In General, Totems(Like Mines and Traps) are a small minority of players, around 2-5%(Over the course of the league) of the top league population plays Totem. And to top that off, Ele Hit is a small minority of Totem Players which makes us like Headhunter rarity(Ok maybe not that rare) :P but ya you get the idea.

I would think Totems and etc isn't like a traditional type of playstyle compared to say, "Self Cast" and Summoner builds so people won't really think of it normally and if they heard of it maybe they might not want to it try out.

But yup, this is a Super Fun build for me too, first build I loved so much and played for so long(Since Legion), I mean I even wrote a guide for it lol....

"
Apostolos wrote:
I am rather looking forward to this league and thank you yet again for the guide and all the excellent feedback and replies I keep seeing.

You are most welcomed!

So here's a question for you Vei.

In standard, what bow would you recommend?

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Last edited by Ahewaz on Sep 16, 2020, 6:11:43 PM
"
Ahewaz wrote:

In standard, what bow would you recommend?

Interesting Selection!

Let's find out by comparing them :)

Details of this comparison
- Using the Default 7 Totems EV 3.11 Pastebin
- Damage shown are without Berserk Activated and is per Totem
- Damage Sorted from highest to lowest
- Damage are versus Shaper

- I also added 2 more bows for comparison (Also want to find out how they fare compared to the rest)

1. Quill Rain with "18% Crit" Corrupt Implicit
2. Quill Rain with "Bow Fire and Additional Arrow" corrupt Implicit(For Barrage Comparison)

- 3 scenarios(So we can see the power of the bows that shine in certain scenarios):

A. Default
B. Point Blank Keystone taken and projectile travelled distance set to 1(To see the power of good old Chin Sol)
C. Combustion in Frostferno Helm swapped to Barrage Gem (To see how good the DPS is from the +4 arrows from Reach of the Council)

Result

A. Default

602k - Empyrean Thirst Thicket Bow
480k - Quill Rain(18% Crit)
453k - Quill Rain(13% Increased Physical Damage)
382k - Reach of the Council
362k - Chin Sol

B. Point Blank taken and projectile travelled distance set to 1

941k - Chin Sol
782k - Empyrean Thirst Thicket Bow
623k - Quill Rain(18% Crit)
590k - Quill Rain(13% Increased Physical Damage)
495k - Reach of the Council

C. Combustion in Frostferno Helm swapped to Barrage Gem

695k - Empyrean Thirst Thicket Bow
612k - Reach of the Council
568k - Quill Rain(+1 Arrow)
536k - Quill Rain(18% Crit)
506k - Quill Rain(13% Increased Physical Damage)
402k - Chin Sol

Base on the above results, the winner is....

Spoiler
Empyrean Thirst Thicket Bow - The 1 Bow for All Occasions :)

Last edited by Vei on Sep 16, 2020, 7:19:20 PM
"
Vei wrote:
"
Ahewaz wrote:

Base on the above results, the winner is....

Spoiler
Empyrean Thirst Thicket Bow - The 1 Bow for All Occasions :)

Thanks! I guess I know what to use when I am stuck in Standard waiting for the next league lol. I need to get a life.
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
Thanks! I guess I know what to use when I am stuck in Standard waiting for the next league lol. I need to get a life.

No problem! The wait is definitely long when we don't need to search for builds to play/test with ;)

The alternative quality gems announcement is neat.

Some of those are pretty useful.
Last edited by Vedajo on Sep 17, 2020, 1:12:42 AM
"
Vedajo wrote:
The alternative quality gems announcement is neat.

Some of those are pretty useful.

Yeah these few caught my eyes

- Frenzy - Alternate Quality 1: Fires an additional Projectile

We can then remove GMP and free up a Gem Slot.

- Cast When Damage Taken - Alternate Quality 1: Supported Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration

Longer Immortal Call, fantastic!

- Combustion - Alternate Quality 2: Supported Skills deal 20% increased Fire Damage, Ignites from Supported Skills deal Damage 10% slower

We don't deal much ignite damage so a slower ignite in exchange for 10% Increased Fire Damage is a great deal.

- Ballista Totem: Alternate Quality 2: 20% increased Totem Range

This is different wording compared to the Ancestral Reach Notable which says "25% increased Totem Placement range" which by the way I tested it before it doesn't increase the range that we can place our Ballista Totem. If this quality refers to the aggro range which determines how far they can "see" for the purposes of targeting enemies with attacks, then this is awesome!

This might be overlooked but it says both in 05. Gem Setup and 07. Passive Tree Preview and POB Pastebin that they're updated for 3.12 but the Gem setup in PoB and Gem setup in the guide is not the same.

Or is it that the Gem setup in PoB should be the Double Curse version in the guide, which is not updated yet? But even if that's the case, the setup in PoB is not using the Double Curse setup so, yeah.

Great guide by the way! Cheers :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info