[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
Rackiera wrote:
This may be an obvious question if so apologies.

This is meant to be 5 totems right ? , if so where does the 5th come from ?

Accendancy, Tree, Quiver, +1 Normal = 4.

What have I missed ?

Thanks in advance.

There was a nerf a few leagues back. The ascendancy used to give you 2 more totems for the Hierophant now only gives one.
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
Demian87 wrote:
Hello Guys is this build still viable on Blight league ? any ideas or update for it ?

Playing it right now. Works fine.

My account is open. Welcome to take a look
"

since ur playing it right now, would u say that the changes to RAT have a big impact on the viability of this build? i mean, not beeing able to place the totems far away from u as a barrier/scout comes with bigger danger to get hit right? since this build is not the takiest around i could imagen that this is kind of a heavy downside now?!

what would u say?
Last edited by sasori1337 on Nov 22, 2019, 5:49:35 PM
"
sasori1337 wrote:
"

since ur playing it right now, would u say that the changes to RAT have a big impact on the viability of this build? i mean, not beeing able to place the totems far away from u as a barrier/scout comes with bigger danger to get hit right? since this build is not the takiest around i could imagen that this is kind of a heavy downside now?!

what would u say?

I am still going to play the build next league, I can always use

and take advantage of Far Shot instead of Point Blank. Put the totems further away.

It also looks like we get 3 totems to start. I am not sure how many more the tree will offer. They also place much faster.

Not sure what the tree changes will bring but maybe I can use more points for life/defense instead of DPS. The new support gem Elemental Damage with Attack Plus Support looks like it will increase DPS.

EDIT: Also recalled that if we get that many totems, we can swap out to a more powerful quiver.
End EDIT:

Once they release the new tree, it will be easier to tell.

The owner of this build (Lunasicc187) usually posts before a league with ideas on how to use it for the upcoming league.

Thanks,
Last edited by Ahewaz on Nov 22, 2019, 8:54:46 PM
Lioneyes Glare vs Chin Sol:
It is just a feeling, but I found that my dps decreased with Glare. Maybe it's the crit chance + close range and the rolls of the bow. My PoB confirmed the difference, but most likely I didn't check the correct boxes and I can't tell the mapmods while compairing the bows. I thought "hit's can't be evaded" would have a huge effect on dps. But hey, we'll see. With the new RAT it will be better.

@Ahewaz:
You don't play with +totem dmg boots and not with the gang's momentum, would you mind telling your thoughts behind this? I don't get the Gang's momentum as a trade between single target dps and def. Am I wrong?!

How do you think the costs of items will skyrocket? How are you planning your gear progression? Last league I went for jewels to start the build. Than 2 Frostfernos and tried to rush corruption. Tried to by rings/amu/belt/totem boots asap. Bought a Kaoms on the way. Took me 24 Frostfernos to hit corruption. If you hit corruption on the first weekend you are done. Took me 10 days to do so...

I thought of the coming changes to gems/balance/items in general. Is there anything to say before we have the patch notes, that could break the build?

How will you level at league start? Combat focus/rain of splinters will be expensive and I guess I won't have them ready before lvl 50, maybe maps. On the other hand we start with 3 totems.

BTW: I like your flask setup. Aside from UElder/Shaper oneshots, def/regen is the critical thing with this build for me. If new bossfights are harder, I am kind of torn. Regen is low, and once slowed you are kind of effed: you can't tank big hits/projectiles. On the other hand, placing totems and running is comfortable.

I am open for discussion if you want to pm me.
"
Baltasar wrote:
Lioneyes Glare vs Chin Sol:
It is just a feeling, but I found that my dps decreased with Glare. Maybe it's the crit chance + close range and the rolls of the bow. My PoB confirmed the difference, but most likely I didn't check the correct boxes and I can't tell the mapmods while compairing the bows. I thought "hit's can't be evaded" would have a huge effect on dps. But hey, we'll see. With the new RAT it will be better.

@Ahewaz:
You don't play with +totem dmg boots and not with the gang's momentum, would you mind telling your thoughts behind this? I don't get the Gang's momentum as a trade between single target dps and def. Am I wrong?!

How do you think the costs of items will skyrocket? How are you planning your gear progression? Last league I went for jewels to start the build. Than 2 Frostfernos and tried to rush corruption. Tried to by rings/amu/belt/totem boots asap. Bought a Kaoms on the way. Took me 24 Frostfernos to hit corruption. If you hit corruption on the first weekend you are done. Took me 10 days to do so...

I thought of the coming changes to gems/balance/items in general. Is there anything to say before we have the patch notes, that could break the build?

How will you level at league start? Combat focus/rain of splinters will be expensive and I guess I won't have them ready before lvl 50, maybe maps. On the other hand we start with 3 totems.

BTW: I like your flask setup. Aside from UElder/Shaper oneshots, def/regen is the critical thing with this build for me. If new bossfights are harder, I am kind of torn. Regen is low, and once slowed you are kind of effed: you can't tank big hits/projectiles. On the other hand, placing totems and running is comfortable.

I am open for discussion if you want to pm me.

I stopped using Chin Sol since it was nerfed. I have used Lioneyes since. Unless you craft a custom bow, I think it is the best.

Spoiler

I do not use Gangs for the simple reason it has no HP. I follow Neversinks advice. 1 Million DPS is useless when you are dead.

I do not bother to corrupt Frostferno, I just buy one that is available. Early in the league, you are looking at 2 ex for a crappy lightning or projectile corruption. You can always still try to corrupt one or wait till the temple is nice to you. I have never had any luck. mine are all store-bought :)

I thought the jewels would go up in price this league with the changes to the combat focus jewels (Wild Strike) however they were reasonable this league.

Kaoms is Kaoms. Pray one drops or spend 2 to 4 ex depending on when you buy it / role.

The only thing that will make this build harder is totem placement which will now be around you instead of letting you place them where you want. I am going to take advantage of Far Shot on a Lioneyes & place them really far from the mobs. While this is good for bosses, I am still wondering what will happen to my clear speed.

Buy a crappy role Rain of Splinters. The DPS difference is negligible. I usually try to get a 50% one & divine it.

This league I am going to start completely different. After watching endless hours of races, I will build a Scion & get her to town. I will buy Explosive Traps & look for movement boots. I will then sell everything else. I will bank Onslaught & Explosive traps & movement booties if I get them & currency. I will then roll a Templar & start. My goal is to use Explosive Trap along with Orb of Storms to level to act 10. Storm Brand is also very powerful at the start of the league. Frost Bomb is also a favorite. Flame Dash at level 10. If you have a friend who plays something different, they might be able to buy you a dash gem at level 4 as well.

Havoc leveling templar. He does not start with a Scion but I am sure you will get the idea.

I will build my other gems in the background. I will not swap out till I have a clean Frostferno. Just FYI, this means a lot of Respec on the tree when you swap to Elemental Hit. Havoc completed it in 3 hours, my goal is 10. I did get to maps this league in 17 hours played.

Thanks, my flask setup is because my hand-eye coordination is not the best. I tend to take a lot of damage so I play defensive on flasks.

GL!

"
Elemental Hit

Now deals 22 to 40 added Fire Damage at gem level 1 (from 23 to 43), up to 480 to 891 at gem level 20 (from 590 to 1096).
Now deals 18 to 33 added Cold Damage at gem level 1 (from 19 to 35), up to 392 to 729 at gem level 20 (from 483 to 896).
Now deals 4 to 67 added Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (from 4 to 70), up to 77 to 1465 at gem level 20 (from 95 to 1802).

Elehit ~20% dmg nerf

"
Ranged Attack Totem Support (Now called Ballista Totem Support)

Supported skills now deal 50% less Damage at gem level 1 (from 30%), up to 41% less at gem level 20 (from 26%).
Supported skills now summon a Ballista Totem, rather than a regular Totem.
Supported skills now have +2 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems.
Attacks used by totem now have 50% less Attack Speed at all gem levels (from 30% less).

RAT 15% dmg nerf

Survivability nerf

Boss/Monster HP buff

RIP.

Well done GGG. 1% of players playing elehit, getting rekt.

Definetly not playing this build anymore...
"
Baltasar wrote:
"
Elemental Hit

Now deals 22 to 40 added Fire Damage at gem level 1 (from 23 to 43), up to 480 to 891 at gem level 20 (from 590 to 1096).
Now deals 18 to 33 added Cold Damage at gem level 1 (from 19 to 35), up to 392 to 729 at gem level 20 (from 483 to 896).
Now deals 4 to 67 added Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (from 4 to 70), up to 77 to 1465 at gem level 20 (from 95 to 1802).

Elehit ~20% dmg nerf

"

Supported skills now deal 50% less Damage at gem level 1 (from 30%), up to 41% less at gem level 20 (from 26%).
Attacks used by totem now have 50% less Attack Speed at all gem levels (from 30% less).

RAT 15% dmg nerf

Survivability nerf

Boss/Monster HP buff

RIP.

Well done GGG. 1% of players playing elehit, getting rekt.

shame. it was fun while it lasted, but damn, that was unnecessary.
More frustrating is the fact that ballistas are placed in melee range.
"
Baltasar wrote:
"
Elemental Hit

Elehit ~20% dmg nerf

"

RAT 15% dmg nerf

Survivability nerf

Boss/Monster HP buff

RIP.

Well done GGG. 1% of players playing elehit, getting rekt. Können

Dont forget the fixed bug regarding yoke of suffering... Im on mobile, so ist hard to quote the patchnotes atm, but it sounds brutal!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info