Why people hate Vorici..

"
Shovelcut wrote:
Anyone that says it's impossible for their build lacks the creativity to solve the problem. Every single build can easily do any of his missions with minimal effort. Even summoners, they don't have to use different skills to complete them, you just have to get creative.

All of his hard missions were removed long ago....

Oh i think the issue is not wether or not people are able to do these missions. The issue is wether or not people are willing to commit to them because they go against most playstyles, the flow of the game and basically whatever makes the game good.

I mean the chest thing is easy enough with for example smoke mine... but do i want to carry a smoke mine around? Heck no!
"
Shovelcut wrote:
Anyone that says it's impossible for their build lacks the creativity to solve the problem. Every single build can easily do any of his missions with minimal effort. Even summoners, they don't have to use different skills to complete them, you just have to get creative.

All of his hard missions were removed long ago....

I was wondering why this thread was still sitting on the first page. I guess all it takes is to post something plenty will disagree with and you've got a first page thread for days.

As for shovelcut's comment -- It's not necessarily impossible for builds do do certain missions, but saying every single build can do something with minimal effort shows a real lack of game experience.

I mean, having to make several adjustments to do ONE thing is clearly not minimal effort. And summoners who run special spectres aren't going to just let it go to do one mission and go through the process of reacquiring said spectre, especially to drop it over again should another vorici mission acquire it.

In comparison, I've only ever failed a Catarina mission once where I grabbed all the minions and intentionally tried to complete the map before returning them - the burning ground finished off what the huge packs did not.

Haku only really has been an issue for me when I'm swarmed by skulls and the character has no way to target (totems).

Elreon is just time consuming when it isn't corrupted altars.

Tora only becomes annoying when you have to go back to areas you've already cleared.

Zana just takes ages to level without rotas.

Vagan if not for the dummies mission he'd have no annoying qualities at all.

But Vorici requires a dramatic adjustment whenever its anything other than kill quickly or release the hostage. No other master does that.
Yep, totally over league play.
It takes me less than 5 seconds to adapt any build to do his missions and I'm the one lacking experience? Right...

I'd agree with you on the summoners if they didn't fix the way desecrate works.

Four years. Four whole years of playing these master missions with dozens of summoners of every type and half a hundred other builds...they're piss easy. I stick by my "minimum effort" statement.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
It takes me less than 5 seconds to adapt any build to do his missions and I'm the one lacking experience? Right...

I'd agree with you on the summoners if they didn't fix the way desecrate works.

Four years. Four whole years of playing these master missions with dozens of summoners of every type and half a hundred other builds...they're piss easy. I stick by my "minimum effort" statement.

Depends on what you build. If you're running dozens of summoners that makes it hard to believe you're running anything else, which is a bit of the point. Even pulling away the guards just to kill the target is more hassle than its worth short of a prophecy boost.

I mean, your whole defense of getting "creative" is exactly why people dislike him. At first I used to like having to approach his missions differently, but several leagues later I see that it goes against everything Poe pushes me toward, fast clear, high damage and all that jazz.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
If you're running dozens of summoners that makes it hard to believe you're running anything else, which is a bit of the point.

Hard to believe what? You can play a fuck load of different builds in four years.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I mean, your whole defense of getting "creative" is exactly why people dislike him.

Yeah, apparently people don't want to have to use their brains. If it's not in the build guide they're following they can't figure it out on their own. *shrugs*

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
If you're running dozens of summoners that makes it hard to believe you're running anything else, which is a bit of the point.

Hard to believe what? You can play a fuck load of different builds in four years.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
I mean, your whole defense of getting "creative" is exactly why people dislike him.

Yeah, apparently people don't want to have to use their brains. If it's not in the build guide they're following they can't figure it out on their own. *shrugs*

You sure can play a lot of builds in 4 years, and in that time one would see a multitude of ways Most Vorici missions are counter-intuitive to everything else one does in the game.

While I'd agree there are plenty of folks that have no idea how to actually comprehend build design - Vorici annoyances aren't a matter of intelligence, but annoyance.

Just because one can swap gear and pull out gems to reduce damage output, that doesn't make it smart. If a target is guarding a chest, why are you expected to pull them away from the one thing that's supposed to matter? None of the other masters (aside from Leo) require you to go so far out of your way.

I've been able to complete every mission plenty of times - but as I gained experienced I started to see how wasteful it could be. I still remember talking to Vorici and immediately failing the mission when my totems killed them as soon as they came up as they spawned just above me.

That's not "challenging" or immersive. It's just an irritating time sink.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

You sure can play a lot of builds in 4 years, and in that time one would see a multitude of ways Most Vorici missions are counter-intuitive to everything else one does in the game.

While I'd agree there are plenty of folks that have no idea how to actually comprehend build design - Vorici annoyances aren't a matter of intelligence, but annoyance.

Just because one can swap gear and pull out gems to reduce damage output, that doesn't make it smart. If a target is guarding a chest, why are you expected to pull them away from the one thing that's supposed to matter? None of the other masters (aside from Leo) require you to go so far out of your way.

I've been able to complete every mission plenty of times - but as I gained experienced I started to see how wasteful it could be. I still remember talking to Vorici and immediately failing the mission when my totems killed them as soon as they came up as they spawned just above me.

That's not "challenging" or immersive. It's just an irritating time sink.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Not every build can be good for every situation and that's how it should be. But anyone claiming it's impossible for their build is either too lazy to figure it out or unwilling to adapt to the challenge at hand.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Not every build can be good for every situation and that's how it should be. But anyone claiming it's impossible for their build is either too lazy to figure it out or unwilling to adapt to the challenge at hand.

OK but as I said before, we should have to be taking off gear, disabling pets, turning off auras and heralds just to do a stupid mission and then hope you dont crit the guy you are trying to geto to low health and keep alive for 8 seconds only for it to die to the crit.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
In comparison, I've only ever failed a Catarina mission once where I grabbed all the minions and intentionally tried to complete the map before returning them - the burning ground finished off what the huge packs did not.

I once collected all the minions on the map and went to zerg Atoll boss.

They all died :(

The other Cata mission I failed was a "feed this minion 50 souls". Found Cata from the last bit of unexplored map, had less than ten enemies left on the map. Welp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info