Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

3.4.3b Patch Notes

Thanks! ^^
IGN: Nano
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Aoikazega wrote:
I applaud GGG for their swift damage control! While quick and dirty solutions are far from ideal, there is still a lesson to be learned from all of this.

We learn from the past and from our mistakes. Although a mostly negative experience for GGG, it allows them to grow as a development team.

But they made it even worse.

The system is literally worse now for t16 map chainers than both 3.4.0 and 3.4.3.

You can't reason with these people. GGG could make a patch that deleted everyone's exalts and chaos and they'd still NICE!!!11! the patch.
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
rhenk75 wrote:
The solution to all these problem is, first, to improve maps. Better density, better layouts, better drop, better xp gain... And second, you can adjust the sulphite gain so we can play maps first because they're fun to play, and then also because we need the sulphite.

And what, let people have enough currency that filthy casuals who only play measily 6 hours per day would be able to actually craft? Let people to be able to actually drop stuff instead of trading it? Let people... to have FUN? No, no, no.

NO FUN ALLOWED D:< a top 1% group/solo went beyond GGG expectations? Unleash the nerf hammer!! Let all feel its glorious might~
Maybe GGG should step back a moment to examine things.

Why are they trying to force people to play maps?

Why do people prefer delves to maps?

As long as I play the game, why do they care if I'm doing maps or doing delves?

This is the first league I remember where they CUT BACK access to new content.

Harbingers in every map.
Abysses in every map.
Beasts in every map.
Sulfide reduced so you can no longer Delve every three maps.

Which one of these does not fit with the others?

I like PoE. I don't understand why this set of changes was made. Is there a Development Manifest explaining why this was done?
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
NO FUN ALLOWED D:< a top 1% group/solo went beyond GGG expectations? Unleash the nerf hammer!! Let all feel its glorious might~

And the most funny part - nerf hammer hit that 0.1% the least. Casuals who are at 120 depth farming 40 IIQ T6 maps got hit really hard, and those who are really deep and chain 8mod t16 actually got buff.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Sep 21, 2018, 5:36:26 PM
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:

And the most funny part - nerf hammer hit that 0.1% the least. Casuals who are at 120 depth farming 40 IIQ T6 maps got hit really hard, and those who are really deep and chain 8mod t16 actually got buff.

Know what would be amazing, to please everybody?

Take the current costs as 100%, and apply it to Delve 2000+ where current top grinders are.

Divide that 2000+ into 5 tiers.

Tier 1: 1-499 where it will cost only 20% of current 100% to advance from A to B

Tier 2: 500-999 with 40% of the cost

Tier 3: 1000-1499 with 60%

Tier 4: 1500-1999 with 80%

Tier 5: 2000+ with 100%

I think this will solve all our problems, it will also make it more fair given the fact those who decided to race had advantage to progress freely during the first 3-4 weeks. Casual player base that usually doesn't go beyond white maps before burning out will be able to more freely mingle in Tier 1.

Those of us who want to see the bosses and what awaits deeper down will also bit more freely continue down into Tier 2-3 and maybe 4. Though personally I can't imagine myself going beyond 1000 given I can only put out 4-6 hours at best per day on a free day.
"
IAmGozar wrote:
Maybe GGG should step back a moment to examine things.

Why are they trying to force people to play maps?

Why do people prefer delves to maps?

As long as I play the game, why do they care if I'm doing maps or doing delves?

This is the first league I remember where they CUT BACK access to new content.

It isn´t actually that hard to unterstand. Just explore every sideway and check what you get compared to maps. With one 2-3 Segment Delve i get 10 times the currency (included Fossils) compared to what a Map in average gives me (without big drops ofc, but i don´t count these in delve either!). And for a good map, i have to invest. The Map (T13 eg) is 5c, chisel 2c, alch, vaal. 8.5c for one Map. For Delve? Nothing! Just running Maps gives the Delve for free.

They just balanced the Delve rewards around the need of sulphit. If they remove the need of sulfit, they would have to remove the drops in delve entirely.

"
IAmGozar wrote:

Harbingers in every map.
Abysses in every map.
Beasts in every map.
Sulfide reduced so you can no longer Delve every three maps.

Please try to remember what you got there in average. Nearly nothing. Temple in Incursion the same. The average Temple run gave nearly nothing. And you needed to do 11 Maps for just one Temple. You needed luck to get something valuable. In Delve? No luck required at all for a decent amount of profit every few delves.
Last edited by Rake7 on Sep 21, 2018, 6:51:48 PM
"
Rake7 wrote:
They just balanced the Delve rewards around the need of sulphit. If they remove the need of sulfit, they would have to remove the drops in delve entirely.

Problem with that, it happened after 3-4 weeks of everybody getting used to how Delve was from the start. Those who had the free time and hours got most out of it, others just recently started to get into the good stuff only to feel suddenly locked out of it.

In all honesty? I didn't enjoy the Delve for the drops. I just enjoyed running it regardless if I get few chaos out of the next currency point, or get nothing substantial.

Drop wise it feels like Abyss feels now when a way down opens. Those piles in Abyss barely if at all drop Jewels, while during Abyss they dropped Belts every other pile. Which is fine! Abyss league is over..

But keeping that in mind, it feels like the limited time people can now run Delve just doesn't feel like Delve league anymore. Cause you need to do 4-5 times more maps than you can do Delve.

I tested today, got Mino T16 map to 20 quality, alched it, vaaled into 8 mod with 142% quantity. Got 926 Sulph in there. My next short path with a corner costs 1.2k Sulph and that's in depth 255. It doesn't feel balanced when T16 8 mod gives only 200 points more than T11 8 mod.
Last edited by ChewMyFudge on Sep 21, 2018, 7:03:45 PM
where is the sulphite merch!
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:

I tested today, got Mino T16 map to 20 quality, alched it, vaaled into 8 mod with 142% quantity. Got 926 Sulph in there. My next short path with a corner costs 1.2k Sulph and that's in depth 255. It doesn't feel balanced when T16 8 mod gives only 200 points more than T11 8 mod.

This short part is still a 2 segment way, don't forget that.

I'm at 240 right know and was running T13 maps for sulfit before and after the patch. Before i got around 170 sulphit and one segment was around 160. Now i get around 850 and one segment is 600. So, its still a buff for me. Can´t talk about other deeps ofc.

From the psychological point of view, the whole thing of increasing the costs and rewards was a bad thing. Everybody was used to the small numbers of sulphit costs. And although i knew i can now delve more than before, the numbers felt quite bad for me, just psychological wise.
Last edited by Rake7 on Sep 21, 2018, 7:30:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info