3.4.3 Patch Notes

"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
Tier 7 rare map: 186 Sulph gain
Tier 11 rare/vaaled 8 mod map: 580 Sulph gain
Tier 16 with enough mods: 2500~ gain

Current Delve 255, next path costs about 3700 Sulph

The new system makes being able to Delve a complete grind. If before I could casually run red maps (T11 which I mostly have) and delve just as much. Now? I will need to run about 30 red maps (all 8 mods no less), in hopes I will get at least 2 piles per map (60 total) to what it seems to be. Run 10-15 points only in Delve.

Suddenly I'm not playing casually, it just feels like a job to sustain Delve while I barely get any T15-16 map drops and stuck in T11-12 maps.

You either RUN T16, or you grind Atlas with lower tier maps to Delve often enough. Was this intended?

How does that make sense after the anounced
"Sulphite costs have been capped at 2000 Sulphite per segment (which occurs at depth 955)." ?
Do they consider one segment to be the shortest cost, and that going to a node can contain more than one segment ?
I thought that whay they called "segment" is the longest possible path ...

Anyway, from your feedback .... It would seem that the quantity bonus from map is not really increassing our delving capabilities, which sucks big time ... :/.
Well I'm only at 165 depths, I'll try after work and see how much I get and how much I need to delve ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 20, 2018, 9:56:35 PM
Lmao so many crybabies and people who don't understand anything at all in this thread.

Well done GGG, ignore clowns :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
yetagainAGAIN wrote:
3 x T16 maps 100% quant + harb mod = roughly 4650 sulphite.

Depth 337 -> 1 one small path to a regular yellow box 3893 sulphite ...

If that is working as intended you guys have lost any and all perspective :)

This is a new trend you see.. You're not allowed to simply grind content. You need to grind ACCESS to said content :)
"
jrv209 wrote:
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
And here is another question:
How do I actually know if they are occasionally browsing the feedback section and look at all/most posts?

Simple answer: they don't. It's just a dump where player's feed back is left to rot forever.

It's quite apparent they care more about the subreddit than this place since reddit gets more traffic.

Would it help if I report my own feedback posts for being w/e?

I mean I hope someone in the office in NZ would have to check it out?
Or is that being outsourced to India and the likes?
/played
8 days, 0 hours, 13 minutes...

See 1 delve boss.

This league is dead without any sulphite changes
"
Paldamus wrote:
Lmao so many crybabies and people who don't understand anything at all in this thread.

well thanks for just insulting about everyone in this thread stating their concerns about the patch and it's included changes to sulphite gain and spending.

You absolutley didnt contribute to the discussion at all, you know that right, just trolling everyone else who actually had high hopes for this league.

I guess you are the only person understanding the big picture here, maybe you'd put some effort into enlighten the rest of us. Otherwise just STFU.
Last edited by RaZeR1976 on Sep 20, 2018, 10:08:11 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
Tier 7 rare map: 186 Sulph gain
Tier 11 rare/vaaled 8 mod map: 580 Sulph gain
Tier 16 with enough mods: 2500~ gain

Current Delve 255, next path costs about 3700 Sulph

The new system makes being able to Delve a complete grind. If before I could casually run red maps (T11 which I mostly have) and delve just as much. Now? I will need to run about 30 red maps (all 8 mods no less), in hopes I will get at least 2 piles per map (60 total) to what it seems to be. Run 10-15 points only in Delve.

Suddenly I'm not playing casually, it just feels like a job to sustain Delve while I barely get any T15-16 map drops and stuck in T11-12 maps.

You either RUN T16, or you grind Atlas with lower tier maps to Delve often enough. Was this intended?

How does that make sense after the anounced
"Sulphite costs have been capped at 2000 Sulphite per segment (which occurs at depth 955)." ?
Do they consider one segment to be the shortest cost, and that going to a node can contain more than one segment ?
I thought that whay they called "segment" is the longest possible path ...

Anyway, from your feedback .... It would seem that the quantity bonus from map is not really increassing our delving capabilities, which sucks big time ... :/.
Well I'm only at 165 depths, I'll try after work and see how much I get and how much I need to delve ...

between 2 nodes there are 1 or more segment, so if 2000 is the maximum per segment, between nodes can reach over 8000 if the distances between them is very long
Found this on Reddit, someone who actually mostly runs T16 maps:

"
Iplaybardlol
Score hidden ·
2 hours ago

This patch has made Delve significantly harder for everyone who can sustain T16 maps too. The range of sulphite t hat you can get from any given node is too big and quantity feels pointless. To give you some numbers:

65% quantity T16 zana mission: 1440 sulphite from a node

132% quantity T16 shaped UGS: 1720 sulphite from a node

157% quantity T16 shaped UGS: 2320 sulphite from a node

165% quantity T16 shaped UGS: 1740 sulphite from a node

I'm in depth 660, and this is not okay. This feels relatively worse for me, as someone who practically hasn't left T16 maps since day 4 of the league, this doesn't feel better than before. I don't feel like I'm being "rewarded" or "encouraged" to run harder maps as the dev posts were hinting at, and if anything it just makes me feel like I'm absolutely not allowed to do a T15 let alone worse. To give you an idea of my sulphite costs in 660 depth, a short route costs 1630 sulphite, a medium route costs 3230, a long one costs 4800.

The range can result in a wild variance of anywhere between 1/5 the cost of a single short node or 1/2 the cost of a short node. That's ridiculous.

So it seems this change was aimed literally at the 0.1% of player base :D. I want to grind content, not access to said content. We all done maps for years GGG, you named the league Delve. Just let people Delve?
"
Paldamus wrote:

Even if you were right and most of us actually don't understand what's going on... such big confusion would better be avoided across a wider spectrum of consumers, don't you think?!

The 1%, as some people refer, is not the main source of profit for the company.

I'm not saying most of us are "confused" or don't get it.
Perhaps the majority is actually fine with it.

But, and this is my very own opinion, there are some legit concerns about the latest patch and it's implications.

If you feel like contributing to this discussion, hop it.
If you are going to waste your breath and make me spread some more salt because I'm full of negative emotions at 3am in the morning you can ♥♥♥♥ right off!

EDIT: On a side note, I never felt so bad about this game as I do right now! W/e that's worth
Last edited by happylittletree on Sep 20, 2018, 10:13:48 PM
Excellent quality of life upgrades.

Thank you once again for CARING about your player base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info