[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

"
Geti wrote:
"
Welp, some 10 days later and I'm drawn back to this build. It's really good! XD

May be a good league starter too Me thinks.
Oh and about kill all vs Oak, I think kill all is better. 0.7% life regen, and one more jewel socket at 93 ( Scion wheel).

I am finishing the league with this build and I got a 6L Loreweave. I figure Smite in the Loreweave frees up 2 gem slots ( Smite and Ancestral call in the gloves)...this is a good place to put Holy Relic+ Blind.

edit: flaw in that plan is Wrath has to go somewhere. bla. haha, I sure do like Holy Relic+Blind though.

Blind shouldn't matter if you're wearing Kaom's Roots. If you aren't however, then go ahead.

ooooooooooooooops....unwavering stance
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 15, 2018, 6:59:53 AM
"

ooooooooooooooops....unwavering stance

The el classico, worry not friend, because being stun immune is about 3000x better than blind on our zero evasion build anyways!
Yes yes...just forgot Kaom's isn't just immune to stun and walk slow as fuck, but also can not evade.
Trying out this build to start next league, what a blast! Had trouble equipping Mjolner w/o Astramentis at first, no luck with gear drop, but afterwards it was a breeze.

Does innervate affect the sentinels? If so, is it better than culling strike for 5-link?

Awesome build, keep it up!
"
OzUnOo wrote:
Trying out this build to start next league, what a blast! Had trouble equipping Mjolner w/o Astramentis at first, no luck with gear drop, but afterwards it was a breeze.

Does innervate affect the sentinels? If so, is it better than culling strike for 5-link?

Awesome build, keep it up!

Innervate is not an aura no, and also no, nothing is better than culling strike for actual kill-power.

Thanks for the enthusiasm ^^.
Last edited by Geti on Nov 22, 2018, 1:50:01 AM
Stat sticks are out it seems, what does that mean for us? Quite frankly, nothing. We already weren't stat sticking, as Static Strike already used both weapons to hit, so nothing has changed on that front, however, if you were using Whirling Blades beforehand, you will no longer be able to. You may opt to use Leap or Flame Dash instead.

Additionally, Herald of Purity got a small slap on the wrist that (largely) doesn't affect the build.

"
Herald of Purity
Minions summoned by this skill now deal more Physical Damage based on gem level, rather than more Damage.

What this means is that the Wrath aura does less for them, if you want to swap to Hatred to focus on their damage for bossing as opposed to your own for clearing I certainly wouldn't fault you.

There is, however, one thing that should be looked forward to.

"
Mjölner's trigger now has a cooldown of 150ms (down from 250ms). This affects all versions.

Get your hammers ready boys, it's our time.
Last edited by Geti on Dec 4, 2018, 8:06:59 PM
Edit: Accidental double post please ignore.
Last edited by Geti on Dec 4, 2018, 7:42:00 PM
With mjolner getting buffed, do you think the price will increase drastically or will this still be a solid league starter? excited to try this out nonetheless
Anyone can explain this build

Where damage come from ? why not Dominating Blow ? is Smite better ?
"
Anyone can explain this build

Where damage come from ? why not Dominating Blow ? is Smite better ?

The uh... the explanation is in the opening post, as with most builds. The TL;DR version is that the boss damage comes from Herald of Purity, map clearing damage comes from Mjolner, and Smite is better than D. Blow because it buffs both.

"
ivy_ wrote:
With mjolner getting buffed, do you think the price will increase drastically or will this still be a solid league starter? excited to try this out nonetheless

I have absolutely no idea, fingers crossed people are too busy playing CoC to buy up all the Mjolners.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info