[3.5] Geti's Thunderous Applause (Static Strike Smite Mjolner Minions)

"
So, funny story; this is how decent the damage is with static strike+ Smite+ HoP while leveling:

I was level 28 when I realized I was still DWing Redbeaks. Stuff was still dying just fine.

Yeah, for real, the combo is absolutely disgusting for levelling.
Do you think going full utility on your Static strike setup would be worth it? I mean replacing Physical to lightning and Lightning penetration with like Culling strike and Increased duration. Static strike doesn't really do any damage anyway.
"
Smerte wrote:
Do you think going full utility on your Static strike setup would be worth it? I mean replacing Physical to lightning and Lightning penetration with like Culling strike and Increased duration. Static strike doesn't really do any damage anyway.

Mine already is yes, not increased duration but culling and innervate.
Looked like a lot of fun so I'm trying it out, and I'm absolutely loving it. Once you get to finally equip your Mjolner the build really comes to life.

I'm a big fan of Arc, whether its self casting or spell totems, I just really love the mechanic of the spell and it's ability clear rooms. It's awesome having the spell cast just by walking next to some enemies.
Maybe I missed it, but I see nothing in here saying what bandit reward to take.

I'm guessing either Oak or passive point?

Edited to add: Path of Building says Oak. Apparently I'm a dirty heathen. ;)
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Nov 6, 2018, 10:22:43 PM
"
Gruentod wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but I see nothing in here saying what bandit reward to take.

I'm guessing either Oak or passive point?

Edited to add: Path of Building says Oak. Apparently I'm a dirty heathen. ;)

Yyyyuuup, It's Oak for the Phys reduction and life regen tbh.

I should be a little more clear, pick whatever the hell you want or need honestly, (probably not Kraityn).
Last edited by Geti on Nov 7, 2018, 7:11:24 PM
Hey. Looks interesting for my next league starter. Would u mind adding a bit to your leveling section? Gem link progression, usefull uniques on lower lvl and maybe even skill trees for lower lvls.
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
Hey. Looks interesting for my next league starter. Would u mind adding a bit to your leveling section? Gem link progression, usefull uniques on lower lvl and maybe even skill trees for lower lvls.

Nothing about the build matters until you pick up the Mjolner, just use whatever weapon has the most per hit damage at your disposal, and use Static Strike and Smite linked to the normal damage gems (Melee physical damage, Ancestral Call, Added Lightning, Lightning Pen, etc).

As I've said before for the tree, use whatever path you're comfortable with that rushes you to Spiritual Aid and Elemental Overload, everything else is your call.

The build is subjective, and not set in stone, I very much do not wish to pigeon-hole people into doing the 100% exact same thing as me, I merely wanted to share the interaction.

Once the new league starts I will most certainly be playing, and I'm happy to answer questions in game no matter how small or silly, and I'm open to offering advice as well. I used this build as my starter and am confident that it's a good starter, so I hope it works just as well for you.
Last edited by Geti on Nov 8, 2018, 5:18:30 PM
Welp, some 10 days later and I'm drawn back to this build. It's really good! XD

May be a good league starter too Me thinks.
Oh and about kill all vs Oak, I think kill all is better. 0.7% life regen, and one more jewel socket at 93 ( Scion wheel).

I am finishing the league with this build and I got a 6L Loreweave. I figure Smite in the Loreweave frees up 2 gem slots ( Smite and Ancestral call in the gloves)...this is a good place to put Holy Relic+ Blind.

edit: flaw in that plan is Wrath has to go somewhere. bla. haha, I sure do like Holy Relic+Blind though.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 15, 2018, 2:23:55 AM
"
Welp, some 10 days later and I'm drawn back to this build. It's really good! XD

May be a good league starter too Me thinks.
Oh and about kill all vs Oak, I think kill all is better. 0.7% life regen, and one more jewel socket at 93 ( Scion wheel).

I am finishing the league with this build and I got a 6L Loreweave. I figure Smite in the Loreweave frees up 2 gem slots ( Smite and Ancestral call in the gloves)...this is a good place to put Holy Relic+ Blind.

edit: flaw in that plan is Wrath has to go somewhere. bla. haha, I sure do like Holy Relic+Blind though.

Blind shouldn't matter if you're wearing Kaom's Roots. If you aren't however, then go ahead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info