[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

There's nothing to nerf. It's good ( as expected) to 6 link and half decent with no links. It is what it is. If people would stop going omg it might get nerfed so gud bro...

With that being said, I have a hard time believing the OP's set up is very good. To use a Coming Calamity, and then to barely even 4 link it. If the Crawler is gonna be your main source of damage...why would you waste links on a 5 link, with Phantasm.
"

I'll be updating the guide with 3 recommended league start methodologies as well as anything relevant from the patch notes. It wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed HoAG, but also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't! Assuming even slight to medium nerfs I think you can still start the build and do up to Shaper on little investment.
Will one of them be without Geofris Legacy? That seems to be the more modern trend according to poe.ninja/builds data.
Last edited by tainium on Nov 30, 2018, 2:24:37 PM
Would a Lightning Golem be worth a socket?
I'm looking at using the Holy Relics to inflict Blind to get Chance to Bleed on the claws, Culling Strike on the gloves, and Blood Lust on the Herald of Purity.
Holy Relic + Blind + Lightning Golem + ???, maybe?
Just a note for anyone considering dropping Calamity and/or Geofri's Legacy and/or just playing this in SSF...

Spoiler
In SSF, with Calamity and G Legacy I wasn't able to defeat shaper through several attempts. I kept dying too much. I then swapped out Calamity for Belly and used a Bone Helmet in place of Legacy...which resulted in a deathless Shaper kill. Life was at 7.5k, here's gear:

"
tainium wrote:
"

I'll be updating the guide with 3 recommended league start methodologies as well as anything relevant from the patch notes. It wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed HoAG, but also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't! Assuming even slight to medium nerfs I think you can still start the build and do up to Shaper on little investment.
Will one of them be without Geofris Legacy? That seems to be the more modern trend according to poe.ninja/builds data.

Feel free to drop G.Legacy, but if you do drop relics too - at that point I'd go for an elder helm with +2/3 to minion gems and Minion Damage to socket HoP-Ruthless-Maim-Melee Physical Damage. Unsure what you'd socket in boots then, some utility of your choice (CwDT Flesh Offering or something).
"
Would a Lightning Golem be worth a socket?
I'm looking at using the Holy Relics to inflict Blind to get Chance to Bleed on the claws, Culling Strike on the gloves, and Blood Lust on the Herald of Purity.
Holy Relic + Blind + Lightning Golem + ???, maybe?

If you went down this path I'd strongly recommend Minion Life as the last link to stop you needing to resummon the minions as often. I found my attack speed totally fine without Lightning Golem, but attacking more often does increase your LGoH, so cannot be that bad.
"
cannot be that bad.

It seems to be pretty bad. Path of Building is insisting that Holy Relics' Nova is a spell, so the Cyclone is likely the only viable source, which shifts Chance to Bleed into a bad roll for the claws, which changes Blood Lust back to MPD, etc., etc. That particular fork in the road might have less flexibility, than I was hoping for.
Last edited by futonrevolution on Dec 3, 2018, 1:17:44 AM
"
"
cannot be that bad.

It seems to be pretty bad. Path of Building is insisting that Holy Relics' Nova is a spell, so the Cyclone is likely the only viable source, which shifts Chance to Bleed into a bad roll for the claws, which changes Blood Lust back to MPD, etc., etc. That particular fork in the road might have less flexibility, than I was hoping for.

Yeah sorry I didn't read too much into the utility you were hoping to get from them - Holy Relic Nova is definitely a spell - I recommend Controlled Destruction linked!
From the patch notes:

"Herald of Purity
Minions summoned by this skill now deal more Physical Damage based on gem level, rather than more Damage.

Herald of Agony
The Agony Crawler summoned by this skill now deals increased Physical Damage per Virulence you have, rather than increased Damage."

Can someone explain what exactly this means? Seems like a nerf.
"
From the patch notes:

"Herald of Purity
Minions summoned by this skill now deal more Physical Damage based on gem level, rather than more Damage.

Herald of Agony
The Agony Crawler summoned by this skill now deals increased Physical Damage per Virulence you have, rather than increased Damage."

Can someone explain what exactly this means? Seems like a nerf.

This is a nerf to builds that were using abyssal jewels to add flat non-physical damage to minions. As we don't do that, there's no change to the build.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Dec 4, 2018, 9:14:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info