[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Carlovski wrote:
"
jubsey wrote:
is this build SSF league viable?

Cheers
J

You really need the coming calamity, which could be an issue.
You can build something similar running a single herald, or maybe 2 4l heralds (though single HoA probably better) but it wouldn't be exactly the same build.
The helm is optional, though the dual relics do help with clear, and the shield can be replaced with a rare.
I'd say it's an ok choice if you happen to find a couple of the pieces, the rest of the gear requirements are pretty flexible, but I wouldn't do it as a starter build.

I play it on SSF without calamity and it's great. Calamity is not required.
"
tainium wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
jubsey wrote:
is this build SSF league viable?

Cheers
J

You really need the coming calamity, which could be an issue.
You can build something similar running a single herald, or maybe 2 4l heralds (though single HoA probably better) but it wouldn't be exactly the same build.
The helm is optional, though the dual relics do help with clear, and the shield can be replaced with a rare.
I'd say it's an ok choice if you happen to find a couple of the pieces, the rest of the gear requirements are pretty flexible, but I wouldn't do it as a starter build.

I play it on SSF without calamity and it's great. Calamity is not required.

Hmm, so you can support a 5 and 4l with Sovereignty? Presumably you need 'cheaper' supports like faster attacks? Interesting, could allow for using a better chest. I'd imagine could squeeze in a 6l Agony with the helm enchant too.

"
Carlovski wrote:
Hmm, so you can support a 5 and 4l with Sovereignty? Presumably you need 'cheaper' supports like faster attacks? Interesting, could allow for using a better chest. I'd imagine could squeeze in a 6l Agony with the helm enchant too.
Right, the tradeoff for Calamity is taking a couple of Passive nodes to reduce mana reservation. Feel free to view my public character TymplarDelve running 5L/4L with Belly. You don't even have to take all of the Passive nodes...I can drop 1-2 depending on gem configuration when I'm tinkering. That character is far from optimized!
I'm considering taking this as my main/league start for the upcoming league. Has anyone had experience with this as their league start? Seems like it would be a good idea. It doesn't require like an immediately tabula or leveling gear to easily run through the acts does it?

How serious of a budget is needed to start wiping out most of the Atlas?

And if later on if I do decide to put the exs I can farm into it, is it a build that scales well with more currency thrown at it? I've never solo'd uber elder ect, I'd like to do that.

The playstyle of this build looks very very fun, I'd love to hear from others experiences of actually playing it.

Very well written guide as well!
"
hriggs92 wrote:
I'm considering taking this as my main/league start for the upcoming league. Has anyone had experience with this as their league start? Seems like it would be a good idea. It doesn't require like an immediately tabula or leveling gear to easily run through the acts does it?

And if later on if I do decide to put the exs I can farm into it, is it a build that scales well with more currency thrown at it? I've never solo'd uber elder ect, I'd like to do that.

The playstyle of this build looks very very fun, I'd love to hear from others experiences of actually playing it.

Uber Elder should be doable, I failed but it was my first ever try, and I got though half of the encounter (Though I know it does get harder through the phases).
Somebody decently geared and who knows what they are doing should handle it ok with the standard build.
If I was trying to farm it, i'd probably tweak the build a bit. Drop the geofri helm, as they don't survive and you don't have time to recast.
Then Either just get a defensive helm, ideally with a HoA extra projectile enchant. Or get an elder helm to run herald of purity in a pseudo 5/6l.
This should allow using Kaom's roots too, though movement speed might be painful.

As I've posted elsewhere though, this build doesn't take much investment, and any additional investment gives very little return. It's not like a phys conversion build with tons of scaling everywhere. Eventually your most expensive gear would have to be your jewels.

For Uber, might be best getting pure DPS (i.e phys to minions, minion attack speed + anything else good) jewels which are much cheaper than ones with T1 life too. Still have enough life to get clipped by beams, hit by trash etc. The big hits kill you regardless so not much point getting too much life.

"
hriggs92 wrote:

The guy who inspired this build (who made something very similar) league started it in hardcore in 3.4 - definitely a league-start viable character.

You can do pretty much all content on a 2-3ex budget (basically my gear in the guide), the Shaper video is 5L body level 82.

You don't need a huge amount of extra scaling to do uber elder, a couple of people in this thread have done the fight - I recommend having a read through to see their thoughts/comments. I will be updating the guide before 3.5 release to include some of the later scaling options - probably the best one I've seen is swapping out Haste/Hatred for Discipline and an es gained on hit Watcher's Eye - it's like a 30% increase to your lgoh.
Has the gladiator option been posted anywhere?

Trying to decide what option to take in Betrayal.
"
IanthePez wrote:
Has the gladiator option been posted anywhere?

Trying to decide what option to take in Betrayal.

https://pastebin.com/Ra9VaEjh

I would not recommend this for league start.
Hi. First of all, thanks for interesting build. I have some questions, hope someone can explain me:

1. Why we use cyclone instead of molten strike. As I can see, pros of MS is:
a) More balls = more hits = more life gain. Even we can drop LgoH from gems and replace with ancestral call for better AoE with the same life gaining.
b) For bossing(uelder) you can use movement skills when you want, while cyclone sometimes can't be stopped.

2. There are many pobs in this threat, which one is actual for endgame?

Thank you!
"
Carlovski wrote:
I do think dropping blind as a link in favour of culling strike (ideally 20q) is worth it. Ideally by getting a blind roll on the claw or otherwise on abyss gems.
Getting more uptime on herald of purity for mapping is great, plus the cull without having to switch to another skill or waste a minion link is good for endgame bosses.

Ideally something like this, with t1 minion damage and attack speed, but good luck rolling that!

May I ask which fossils you used to craft that and how long it approximately took? I've been trying to hit something similar (or at least the two Elder mods + attack speed) for quite some time now - first with a few thousand alts, currently with Bound + Pristine + Serrated - but no luck so far. :/
Last edited by obliviousBC on Nov 17, 2018, 4:59:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info