[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Guide is now fully updated for 3.5! Best of luck with league start everyone :)

It's 2am here so I'm going to bed, but feel free to post any questions and I'll try to answer them tomorrow.

I really want to to start the league with this build and play some spin to win :)

Can you explain when do I switch to cyclone? The skill points needed are summarized in POB? For example Arc4 leveling going to cyclone5 will require 36 refund points?
"
ClassicEnergy wrote:
"

It's 2am here so I'm going to bed, but feel free to post any questions and I'll try to answer them tomorrow.

I really want to to start the league with this build and play some spin to win :)

Can you explain when do I switch to cyclone? The skill points needed are summarized in POB? For example Arc4 leveling going to cyclone5 will require 36 refund points?

Switching to the build is pretty flexible based on the gear you have available. Be sure to have the following at a minimum once you've switched (after the respec).
- Resolute Technique
- Spiritual Aid
- Spiritual Command
- Tireless
- Gravepact
- A claw with mana gained on hit (Double/Twin/Gemini)

These are the core requirements for the switch to using Cyclone. If you want to level as Arc totems I would probably switch once I had a 5L Coming Calamity.

I should also clarify that Arc4 doesn’t necessarily follow directly to Cyclone5 - the general progression from Arc4 would be to take life nodes and build the shape of the tree so when you have enough respec points (from quests and regrets) it’s easy to do so.

If you want to use Cyclone as early as possible I’d recommend the Melee->Cyclone progression.
"
klausdawg wrote:
Thinking about starting with this also. Just leveled to act6 ssf with it, using SRS to 31 and then switching to 4link cyclone/4link HoA and a 1link purity.

Even without a double claw for mana, I was still able to handle mana with pots. Seemed really nice for leveling, absolutely cake to do it. Didn't feel gimped at all leveling the entire time.

However, how good is the Guardian? It seems like it really focuses more on HoP. How would necromancer be? Would get tons more just raw minion damage, as well as skill effect duration.

Necromancer is viable, but you lose a great deal of value from Guardian in the free charge generation (endurance charges help a lot with tankiness and frenzies are nice for better life gain) and the block/regen you get is quite nice. Offensively you get 100% minion accuracy and intimidate which are excellent. Finally, Sentinels of Purity do pretty strong damage even on a 4L with this setup. In comparison, Necro gives you some minion damage % and not a lot else. It’s worth noting here that at maximum virulence stacks Agony Crawler has something like 800% damage, so a little bit extra % damage isn’t so impactful.

Thanks for sharing your experience leveling as SRS! I’ll probably add that as a recommended leveling option :)
"
"
ClassicEnergy wrote:
"

Switching to the build is pretty flexible based on the gear you have available. Be sure to have the following at a minimum once you've switched (after the respec).
- Resolute Technique
- Spiritual Aid
- Spiritual Command
- Tireless
- Gravepact
- A claw with mana gained on hit (Double/Twin/Gemini)

These are the core requirements for the switch to using Cyclone. If you want to level as Arc totems I would probably switch once I had a 5L Coming Calamity.

I should also clarify that Arc4 doesn’t necessarily follow directly to Cyclone5 - the general progression from Arc4 would be to take life nodes and build the shape of the tree so when you have enough respec points (from quests and regrets) it’s easy to do so.

If you want to use Cyclone as early as possible I’d recommend the Melee->Cyclone progression.

Thank you for explanation :)
I see a lot of talk about swapping into this build after leveling as something else. Is that just due to this build being slow starting out? Would I be fine just starting and leveling with the core build/abilities from the get-go?
"
Alamandaros wrote:
I see a lot of talk about swapping into this build after leveling as something else. Is that just due to this build being slow starting out? Would I be fine just starting and leveling with the core build/abilities from the get-go?

This build has a few moving parts and is quite technical in its requirements to actually work. For example, as a Guardian you cannot get all the skill gems required until level 31 and while you can use the build around this time it may be more efficient (and enjoyable for some) to level up to higher levels before switching. I recommend for you to do what you find the most fun!
Did anyone beat Uber Elder with this build?
"
tainium wrote:
Did anyone beat Uber Elder with this build?

On page 13 a user named Microdia posted their gear and then on the next page said they downed uber elder in 4-5mins.

"
Microdia wrote:

We did it boyz. Now I have to test the difference between using damage on full life vs lvl 4 empower which will give it +8 in that chest.

Here is the rest of my current setup. 8k life now.

This is the PoB link he dropped in the thread after he announced his uber elder kill. https://pastebin.com/kvDCAkPy
Looks like a nice switch from dom blow, definitely going to try this since gameplay looks like coc discharge except you dont blow up, you have minions blowing stuff up for you :)
I will stay as smite/purity/zombie/relic until I can get that 5 link calamity though since its super smooth leveling.
Last edited by Yrzi on Dec 7, 2018, 9:48:26 AM
Thanks for the leveling guides, I was gonna do the Smite then Dominating Blow route but never played them. Just wondering the weapon choices for lvling with this? Smite says Main hand only so do I use a fast 1h + shield? Then Dominating blow is 1h or 2h better. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info