[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

OK, here is what I tried.

Grabbed elemental equilibrium, which was just few nodes away. Got some cheap gemini claw with added fire dmg and increased atk speed.

This is my HoA setup:

physical to lightning - added lightning damage (might change it for something else, still testing) - pierce - minion damage - damage on full life

Also on my gloves:

curse on hit - elemental weakness

So now I'm dealing fire dmg with cyclone which triggers EE and mobs have -50% lightning res, elemental weakness gives another -39%.

This is a MASSIVE boost in clearing speed and bossing in my experience.
I'm testing another variant so far: dropped agony completely in favor of purity, going for maximum physical damage.
Cyclone with culling strike seems to keep them up quite well so far, but I need to test higher maps first.. still missing a some loh, the blind, etc. But I'll report how it goes, retransitioning to this build is just a recoloring away if it doesn't work out.

(though why choose guardian if HoP gets so little love. juggernaut should do the rest just fine with a more reliable immortal call, massive attack speed, slow immunity.. )
Last edited by Nephalon on Sep 23, 2018, 7:43:45 PM
"

"
Nephalon wrote:

Thanks for the posts, guys! I was considering both of these myself (especially the EE idea) because I'm having a hard time getting an Elder Gemini Claw in SSF so far.
"
OK, here is what I tried.

Grabbed elemental equilibrium, which was just few nodes away. Got some cheap gemini claw with added fire dmg and increased atk speed.

This is my HoA setup:

physical to lightning - added lightning damage (might change it for something else, still testing) - pierce - minion damage - damage on full life

Also on my gloves:

curse on hit - elemental weakness

So now I'm dealing fire dmg with cyclone which triggers EE and mobs have -50% lightning res, elemental weakness gives another -39%.

This is a MASSIVE boost in clearing speed and bossing in my experience.

Cool idea - I could do the same with my claw as it provides cold + fire dmg. I wouldn't drop fortify on cyclone tbh.

What do you guys think about Flesh Offering it gives:

30% attack speed to all minions
30 cast speed to all minions
29% movement speed to all minions

This way I can keep the extra damage from Hatred & not feel bad about having no haste aura?
It also destroys nearby corpses which is gonna be great in delves to avoid those nasty on death effects?
"
elbramso wrote:

Cool idea - I could do the same with my claw as it provides cold + fire dmg. I wouldn't drop fortify on cyclone tbh.

Yeah, I've actually dropped elemental weakness since it doesn't work with bosses anyway. I put fortify back in cyclone setup and now use impurity of lightening for bosses
Last edited by POEPete on Sep 24, 2018, 5:02:45 AM
Swapped out some gems and wanted to give an update and noticed @Microdia confirming what I've noticed.

Swapped out Hatred for Haste and removed Summon Phantasm for Minion Speed. Clear and bossing feels a whole lot better. I was able to 6L my chest and Shaper was even easier than last time. I also added an Empower 3 (removed Controlled Destruction) along with level 21 Summon Relics and if "feels" a bit better. They still die to Shaper degens though. Now time to progress to Uber Elder.

heyas, what should i use for my 6 link on chest. i have a blue socket,

Thanks
J
"
Deep_Dust wrote:

This way I can keep the extra damage from Hatred & not feel bad about having no haste aura?
It also destroys nearby corpses which is gonna be great in delves to avoid those nasty on death effects?
I just tested this in-game and it doesn't grant increased attack speed to the player. Redditors have determined that this is intended behavior. It is still a decent option but not as great as I initially thought for this build.
Last edited by tainium on Sep 24, 2018, 7:02:20 PM
"
tainium wrote:
"
Deep_Dust wrote:

I just tested this in-game and it doesn't grant increased attack speed to the player. Redditors have determined that this is intended behavior. It is still a decent option but not as great as I initially thought for this build.

It's a potential consideration for long fights like Uber Edler, but then you have to bring Desecrate as well and it starts to be not as worthwhile. We must also consider the need to keep spinning as it gives us the LGoH and virulence stacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info