[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Am I right in thinking the dps of the claw isn't important and the only things that matter are the life gained for each blinded enemy and attack speed rolls?
Just cleared a T13 phys reflect and didn't bother re-summoning the Relics. Also no Herald of Purity or Calamity etc. Build still cleared fine with just the Crawler and Phantasms! I could definitely tell the difference of losing the Relics, but still. Impressive.

I saw in another summoner thread that they thought the Crawler had inherent Pierce. Might need to test and confirm.

For the OP, please consider adding to the guide your recommendations for Jewels with priority of mods.
Last edited by tainium on Sep 21, 2018, 10:00:07 AM
"
Deep_Dust wrote:
Am I right in thinking the dps of the claw isn't important and the only things that matter are the life gained for each blinded enemy and attack speed rolls?
Mostly correct. Socketed support for for Faster Attacks is best and Poison is also great. The DPS of the claw itself is basically irrelevant.
"
"
tainium wrote:

"
Toverkol wrote:
...Regarding charges, yeah you lose those. ...
We do get 12% IAS from Frenzy and res+phys from Endurance so just having the charges is good enough. I was just toying with ideas to abuse them more. I think the only thing really viable for us is Snakebite which looks like a decent starter item until you can get good gloves.

After 90 grab life as suggested and some extra endurance charges. 6th link is Damage on Full Life or Vile Toxins depending on which 4th off-colour socket you get (I think DoFL is ideal). Fenzy and Endurance charges are actually really nice for us - Frenzy for the attack speed and Endurance for the tankiness. We don't need anything more from them than that.

Hmm, that quote of mine is taken out of context. I was replying to someone about using Dancing Duo instead of Blind Claw and Victario's shield.
Sure Frenzy, and to a lesser extent Endurance charges are valuable for both yourself and your minions, but there's more ways to get them than just the shield (Ascendancy, Poachers curse, Chieftain spectres), and that part got cut off..

Honestly though, if you get Frenzy charges from another source than the ascendancy, i feel the block node provides more defense than a few extra milliseconds of immortal call.

edit - note btw, i'm using both Duo/Facebreakers Infernal Blow and Blindclaw/Victarios Cyclone by now. The switch to the claw setup is really good for bossing, but the mapclear/delve encounters are so much better with a 1000 rampage explosions setup. I have a Hungry Loop for both so you can quickly switch to the bosssetup for sustain and singletarget-agony stacks if you need those.
Also, the withering touch-hungry loop fix was retroactive, so i now have that on cyclone as well. Works really good with so much aps as well.
Last edited by Toverkol on Sep 21, 2018, 12:33:43 PM
For the record - Haste is MUCH better than Hatred for end-game mapping/delving.
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Mooginator wrote:
For the record - Haste is MUCH better than Hatred for end-game mapping/delving.

Yep, using it along with
feels super smooth for opening chests and picking up stuff in darkness without using flares.

Also using curse on hit + vulnerability with cyclone instead of fortify + poison. It helps a lot with clearing packs. I put fortify with blood magic and whirling blades.
Last edited by POEPete on Sep 21, 2018, 3:51:02 PM
Hello, how does one darkness tank when cyclone doesn't kill the mobs in the darkness?

Heralds cant seem to target in the darkness.
Last edited by GodOfImpatience on Sep 22, 2018, 3:29:30 AM
"
Hello, how does one darkness tank when cyclone doesn't kill the mobs in the darkness?

Heralds cant seem to target in the darkness.
just keep spinning! LGoH works in the dark... But you'd better be near light when there are no monsters to hit after a long run.
Thanks for the quick response!

I've been looking at 6 linked Coming Calamities, there's a few cheap corrupted ones with one less green/blue (3G1B2R) or (2G2B2R) do you think I should get those, or will they end up being no better than my correctly colored fivelink?
"
Thanks for the quick response!

I've been looking at 6 linked Coming Calamities, there's a few cheap corrupted ones with one less green/blue (3G1B2R) or (2G2B2R) do you think I should get those, or will they end up being no better than my correctly colored fivelink?

It's really hard for us to figure this out because we don't know the stats of the crawler. I would say it would be better, but not 100% optimal. That being said, if you wanted to go for it, try HoAG-Pierce-Vicious Projectiles-Summon Phantasm on Kill-Damage on Full life-Maim (3G1B2R) or HoAG-Pierce-Minion Damage-Summon Phantasm on Kill-Damage on Full life-Maim (2G2B2R). I think 2G2B2R is a better option of out the two.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info