[3.4]Soulwrest in Peace - A Dirt Cheap Summon Phantasms Build - Shaper Down w/ Video

"
Enigmer wrote:
Spoiler
Have you checked the dude on delve ladder at depth 600 with necro and this build but some modification. I am using his build. But got no idea what pantheon better to use. His main defence mechanic is spell blocking. IN staff he uses GMP - CD - Faster proj - added fire - summon phantasm - minion damage. Also he is using zombies and vaal skeletons. Pretty good must say, but killing bosses is annoying. Any comments on it?

Yeah, there's a ton of defensive options at the expense of damage with staff block. Mine is a lot more damage focused and what I think "feels" good to play for myself. Should also mention that I do play Softcore. I'm not very good at this game, and losing all my progress when I want to push harder content is just something I'm not interested in doing. I also made a lot of decisions on the fly, so this isn't really like a "definitive" thing. Just what I've figured out as I've been playing it so far. Once I realized I might have enough damage to kill Shaper, I hopped right into it and tried it out. Was really excited it worked out and decided to post my findings on it so far. This build is very versatile since all you really need is the staff to get it working, this is just my version of it. :)

The biggest problems with Phantasms is that they are squishy. So the tankier you can be, the better. That way you can stop to resummon them more often. Faster Projectiles definitely helps with their squishiness, because they can cast their ability from further away and that helps with a lot of bosses that have close up mechanics.

I think the only thing that I would change with Raizqt's iteration is the choice of Faster Projectiles. I just don't think it's necessary because the ability already travels quite far. I'd maybe put Faster Casting there or Phys to Light if he's not using EE.

Anyway, sorry to go on about it, hopefully that helps. :D
Thank you for your kind opinion anyway, still experimenting also.
Yeah. Soulwrest is really cool and there is a lot you can do with it, I was super worried that Phantasms were not going to be very great, but turns out when you can easily summon them and don't have to waste a gem link to do so, they are really strong.
Last edited by thegrocerygod on Sep 13, 2018, 1:12:17 PM
What's your recommended pantheons?
Last edited by Phanatchon on Sep 13, 2018, 8:02:05 PM
Im still quite new to minion builds. Instead of getting a generosity support on why not just use a Victario's Influence? Seems Like it would be way better at the cost of losing life and res
"
Phanatchon wrote:
What's your recommended pantheons?

Honestly, whatever you think is best. Once I beat the game, my Pantheon has remained untouched, and usually does through all of endgame. I've just never really messed with it much, but if I were to finally utilize Pantheons I'd use Solaris and Arakaali depending on what I'm doing for the Major, and any of the minors would be useful, except for Garukhan and Yugul. I'd probably choose Shakari just for the Immune to Poison.

"
Spoiler
Im still quite new to minion builds. Instead of getting a generosity support on why not just use a Victario's Influence? Seems Like it would be way better at the cost of losing life and res

Well, in my Body Armor section I did say: "Whatever you want to wear." And it holds true. Wear whatever you would like to. I've chosen Belly of the Beast because I like it and it does a lot of what I'm looking for in a chest piece: "Lots of life and OK resistances." Mostly the lots of life appeals to me. Damage is something that we are not lacking. But hey, don't let that stop you, get that Victario's Influence on and get all the damages!
"
But hey, don't let that stop you, get that Victario's Influence on and get all the damages!

I never quit on a character until i play enough to get at least 300 deaths! I will ALWAYS sacrifice safety for damage, no matter how minimal!

And ty for the quick response
This is what I've been doing.

Some things to note: I decided to drop Bubonic, even though it's a really cute combo, I'm already casting my offering to buff my minions which in turn spawns the phantasms, so I don't really need Bubonic spawning them for me, even though it's an added QoL. Instead I use a +1 spectre boots, that coupled with Vis Mortis and the +1 spectre node on the tree gives me 4 spectres to work with, which also made me drop the aura ascendancy and get the 100% inc spectre damage one, further increasing clear and single target

Right now I can clear any t15 with ease regardless of map mods (cannot regen is annoying because I'd have to use a mana flask so I just reroll) and bosses die pretty quick, not sure about Guardians/Shaper/Elder yet
"
Lordados wrote:
Spoiler
This is what I've been doing.

Some things to note: I decided to drop Bubonic, even though it's a really cute combo, I'm already casting my offering to buff my minions which in turn spawns the phantasms, so I don't really need Bubonic spawning them for me, even though it's an added QoL. Instead I use a +1 spectre boots, that coupled with Vis Mortis and the +1 spectre node on the tree gives me 4 spectres to work with, which also made me drop the aura ascendancy and get the 100% inc spectre damage one, further increasing clear and single target

Right now I can clear any t15 with ease regardless of map mods (cannot regen is annoying because I'd have to use a mana flask so I just reroll) and bosses die pretty quick, not sure about Guardians/Shaper/Elder yet

Yeah, and this is what I love about Soulwrest. Since all you need is the staff to get it going, there are just so, so many options.

I like Bubonic Plague for more than just the cute interaction. It also gives us an additional Abyssal slot which for us are so, so strong due to the added flat damage we get from them.

And with my build, I just want to focus on the Phantasms, so if I did have +1 Spectre boots rather than Bubonic, I'd just throw Host Chieftain in that 3rd slot probably.

Glad to hear your setup has been working out great, though! Phantasms are a pretty cool minion.
Hey there. I had some questions about procing EE. We only need to get EE and AoF when we are converting out damage to elemental right? and if we are do so, do you just suggest we get added lighting or cold damage to a piece of gear? Sorry, never really played a conversion build. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info