[3.4]Soulwrest in Peace - A Dirt Cheap Summon Phantasms Build - Shaper Down w/ Video

"
JoeODanger wrote:
"
thegrocerygod wrote:
I've been running Carnage on both Spectres for now, but I've been considering running a Power Charge Chieftain to see how that goes. I've noticed with just one Carnage, it doesn't keep our minions at 3 Frenzy, but it may just be because I'm using Flesh Offering too often and it resummons our dudes.

I have a second staff I'll be slotting my GMP setup in because I feel much the same.

And yeah, if you attach the Summon Phantasm on Kill Support to an actual skill, you can change it to look at the minions. But they seem to be marked as a Melee Attacking Minion, because in PoB things like Melee Physical and Elemental Damage with Attacks show damage increases on the Phantasms, but Projectile and Spell supports seem to do nothing. But using that, I was able to kind of "estimate" what the damage might look like. No idea how accurate it may or may not be, though, so that's a bummer. But for now, I think it's the best we have where that's concerned (if what PoB has is even accurate on that Minion).

Yeah, having looked at them again tonight, it seems like they'll have both charges maxed in areas where you're sitting there (delve encounters, bosses) but not when you're running around. Having two CC's seems to be the best way to keep full frenzies up.

I got the weapon swap up and was a little happy that the phantoms don't vanish; they just get replaced by the new single target duders. Not a big deal at all considering you'd have to resummon them anyways if they did vanish. A weapon skin swap is needed for me to stop forgetting to change back, though ;)

FYI, link your spectres to blood magic and they will spam charges infinitely. WIthout BM they oom fast that's why they don't always have charges up.
"
Spoiler
Hey there. I had some questions about procing EE. We only need to get EE and AoF when we are converting out damage to elemental right? and if we are do so, do you just suggest we get added lighting or cold damage to a piece of gear? Sorry, never really played a conversion build. Thanks.

Hello there! So, to explain, AoF is so that Smite (which does Lightning damage normally) is converted to Fire, and we want to be using Smite since it further increases our Minion's DPS, but we don't want it to trigger EE on lightning damage, because that will reduce our Minion damage. So with AoF, every attack we, the player, use is now converted entirely to Fire damage, Smite now procs EE on Fire damage, making our enemies weak to Lightning/Cold, which is good for our Minions since we are converting Half our Minion's damage to Lightning and also running Hatred/Grip which gives us a ton of Cold damage. Hopefully that helps explain what is happening. :)

"
Spoiler
FYI, link your spectres to blood magic and they will spam charges infinitely. WIthout BM they oom fast that's why they don't always have charges up.

We are running BM in our Spectre's. :)
You thought about taking out Convocation on the helm and putting in Animate Guardian to buff minions even more?
Why do you have Avatar of fire when it doesn't effect your minions?
Thanks bud, really helped. Also, is consecrated path essential to the build? it felt really awkward to me so i've since switched to leap slam.
Last edited by UKNOWHOWIMROCKIN on Sep 16, 2018, 4:18:30 AM
Thanks for awesome build. I really enjoy it so far. I've been using Added Fire instead of Faster casting cause od colors i have. Been OP so far. Keep up the good work! :)
"
Valcron74 wrote:
Why do you have Avatar of fire when it doesn't affect your minions?

Actually, I do believe it affects minions since the build uses physical to lightning. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Kiyopon on Sep 16, 2018, 9:23:32 AM
Twenty Phantasms flooding the screen with projectiles is one thing I love about Soulwrest builds.
Personally I'm playing a weird Elementalist version. Proccing Phantasms with Volatile Dead, while doing my own damage. I'm not running a Spectre but I am running with Golems, I know weird.

When I recolour my helm I'll run Vitality, this and my Stone Golem should be enough to keep me alive, and keeping my Phantasms alive I just take a lot of minion leech nodes, particularly the one above Gravepact.

"
shiodas wrote:
Spoiler
You thought about taking out Convocation on the helm and putting in Animate Guardian to buff minions even more?

I have thought about it, but I like Convocation a little more just because of the QoL it adds to clearing maps. AG is a really strong alternative, though, if you feel like Convocation isn't adding much for you.

"
Spoiler
Thanks bud, really helped. Also, is consecrated path essential to the build? it felt really awkward to me so i've since switched to leap slam.

Consecrated Path is not essential, it's just a skill I like. Leap Slam is definitely a good alternative if you prefer it. I just like that Consecrated Path drops Consecrated Ground to give us some additional Regen.
"
flekflekica wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for awesome build. I really enjoy it so far. I've been using Added Fire instead of Faster casting cause od colors i have. Been OP so far. Keep up the good work! :)

Just remember to change your tree off AoF and drop Phys to Light in Summon Phantasms for something else that way you are taking advantage of EE properly. I'd probably not use Consecrated Path either. Otherwise you'll be reducing your minion's damage by making enemies all resist fire, which is super sad face. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info