[3.5 no more updates] Poison Scourge Arrow/TS and Barrage Assassin | 1+M Shaper DPS | 6k HP

Thanks!!

What is the difference of Toxic Rain and Poison Scourge? Both don't have the same kind of damage?
TR is another playstyle than SA. Try it and see for your self.
I am pretty new to path of exile and just had a question. Am I screwed if I get to a boss with Chaos Resistance? Also can I use Toxic Rain instead of Barrage? Thanks.
"
I am pretty new to path of exile and just had a question. Am I screwed if I get to a boss with Chaos Resistance? Also can I use Toxic Rain instead of Barrage? Thanks.

All bosses have some kind of resistances, shaper fe. has 40% ele res and 25% chaos, so its not that big deal + chaos damage bypasses energy shield and end game bosses usualy have lots of it.

You can, but you dont want to, barrage is there for single target, if you dont want to use barrage for single target, just use SA for clear and bosses, or use toxic rain or tornado shot instead of SA
Hey so this build has worked great for me. I'm currently lvl 92, 6.4k life. I just had a few questions.

- Does Dying Sun add projectiles to your SA pods, or just the initial shot? It's hard for me to tell.

- If I aim for a +1 arrow quiver am I going to need to get some other pierce? Also, does the 50% damage from pierce on Drillneck not outweigh the benefits of a +1 arrow quiver?

- I am using Impresence and had to pick up some rare attack speed gloves for resists. Since I don't have the 5l from Embalmer, do you think it would be worth it to invest in a 6l belly to support either SA or Barrage (currently I just switch them out depending on if I'm doing Delve, 4l SA is more than enough for t16 enemies but Delve gets a big tougher.)

- Currently I use Dying sun/Coralito's/Quartz flask spam in most cases. I found that I need both a health and mana potion due to big hits sometimes emptying my mana pool, making it very difficult to quickly recover as I can't attack. As I have despair aura from Impresence, is Coralito's more damage than Witchfire? Or should I still be using Witchfire for the 27% DoT damage, Smoke cloud, 100% evasion? I really want to stick to 3 flasks for regular use for safety/mana and also it's less of a pain to press 3 buttons over 4-5.

- If you get the chance could you have a look at my profile and see what else I can improve at this point. I'm fairly sure this build can do Shaper where I'm at, I'd just like to see if I'm missing anything glaring.

"
Somanypants wrote:
Hey so this build has worked great for me. I'm currently lvl 92, 6.4k life. I just had a few questions.

- Does Dying Sun add projectiles to your SA pods, or just the initial shot? It's hard for me to tell.

It also adds projs to spikes that fires from pods

"
Somanypants wrote:

- If I aim for a +1 arrow quiver am I going to need to get some other pierce? Also, does the 50% damage from pierce on Drillneck not outweigh the benefits of a +1 arrow quiver?

You need at least 1 pierce for clear, its better then +1 arrow

"
Somanypants wrote:

- I am using Impresence and had to pick up some rare attack speed gloves for resists. Since I don't have the 5l from Embalmer, do you think it would be worth it to invest in a 6l belly to support either SA or Barrage (currently I just switch them out depending on if I'm doing Delve, 4l SA is more than enough for t16 enemies but Delve gets a big tougher.)

Its better go get another 6L Quill Rain and second quiver and use weapon swap for AOE and single target. Use Pierce quiver for clear and +1 arrow for single target barrage.

"
Somanypants wrote:

- Currently I use Dying sun/Coralito's/Quartz flask spam in most cases. I found that I need both a health and mana potion due to big hits sometimes emptying my mana pool, making it very difficult to quickly recover as I can't attack. As I have despair aura from Impresence, is Coralito's more damage than Witchfire? Or should I still be using Witchfire for the 27% DoT damage, Smoke cloud, 100% evasion? I really want to stick to 3 flasks for regular use for safety/mana and also it's less of a pain to press 3 buttons over 4-5.

You dont need to use mana flask, thiefs torment can take care of your mana and even if you run out of mana, that one default attacks shot will give you enough mana for another SA and then you are maxed again. Witchfire is too good to dont use it.

"
Somanypants wrote:

- If you get the chance could you have a look at my profile and see what else I can improve at this point. I'm fairly sure this build can do Shaper where I'm at, I'd just like to see if I'm missing anything glaring.

Your build looks solid, you can now just minmax, better rolls on life, some corruptions (%inc life on Kaoms) etc. Firstly focus on belt, yours is shit :D get one with at least 2 resists, 3rd crafted, str and at least 90 life, same goes for jewels, better stats but like i said ... its just min maxing
Thanks for the info! I'll try dumping my mana flask and see how I manage.

Good call on my belt. I think if I get better resists on it I can switch out my resist jewel for something better. I assume the ideal on jewels is a %life mod+3x damage mod or a 4x damage mod, both of which I've had difficulty finding on poe.trade. I'll definitely save up and start looking, but right now my goal is going to be that %life Kaom's and a nicer belt.
Last edited by Somanypants on Nov 9, 2018, 12:56:18 AM
Just wanted to update. After getting a new belt and a %life Kaom's I've managed to kill Guardians and Shaper relatively easily (not deathless, but could've been with better mechanics).

Thanks for this build, it's my first ever Shaper kill so feels very good =)

Just wanted to say that I managed this without any totem usage and my Scourge Arrow in a 4link setup. Could probably grab a second Quillrain to swap to make the AoE/add portion of the shape fight a little easier.
So after Finally tweaking and tweaking and trying new gear and the whole 9 yards...

I am in no way a pro and have only played this for a few months now, but i have def. put time in to this hero. going multiple route on the skill trees and lots of gear, gems and yadda yadda

I Came to this conclusion with my build .... Demolished Elder in NO time and good map clear

I call it the Poisonous Minions Build

Helmet....
Devoto's Devotion

4Link all red
Gems
Cast When Damage Taken
Immortal Call
Flame Golem ( just another minion adds Damage)
Increased Duration

Chest Armour...

DendroBate... makes this a 7 link with Gems supported by Lvl 10 lessor poison

6Link 5g 1b
Gems
Tornado Shot
Mirage Archer
Great Multi Projectiles
Deadly Ailments
Fork Support
Added Choas Damage
(dont think you need 6 links for TS but if you got it use it

Gloves (to me this is where the build gets a lot of dmg)

The Embalmer Carnal Mits ( Socketed Gems Are Supported by Lvl 20 Vile Toxins)
(i have these enchanted with War so i get two Quill Rain animated weapons that also attack and stack poison's)
4Link
2b 1r 1g

Gems
Herald Of Purity = 4 minion's (nice defensive and offensive minion)
Herald Of Agony (1 minion whos buff are attributed by how many stack of virulence you can attain up to 40 and with TS and Quill Rain easy to maintain at high 30's to 40....)
Minion Damage Support... Minion's Deal more dmg depending on Gem lvl and quality....
the 4th Gem can be anything else to support it
I use INcresded Critical Strikes for pushing and Item Rarity when MF

Weapon

Quil Rain (duh) this is the boss killer...

5l

3g 2b and other doesn't matter as I used the extra node for a Phase run Gem

Gems
Barrage
Added Choas Damage ( Max Lvl add up to 275 Chaos Damage to attacks
Decay Support (MAx Level Adds 675 choas dmg per second for 8 sec...
Vile Toxins (stacks posions)
Deadly Ailments

Amulet .... Impresence Choas type(lil Expensive BUT WELL WORTH IT)
with 100% mana reservation reduction for Despair...

Ring .... Thiefs Torment

BOOTs get good move speed and Stats you may be lacking...

4 link

3b and other is whatever as i use a Portal Gem in the 4th node

Gems
Despair... Goes with The Impresence Amulet (CHOAS version)
Blasphemy ... Turn's Despair into an Aura
Increased Area of Affect ... make the Aura Area Larger
Portal

Belt is for stats you may be Lacking

as far as Dkill tree i can go into that if anyone is interested

I however unlike alot of the POison assasin do not use MoM as using the Heralds reserves alot of my mana and MoM uses mana before health and if you have a small mana pool then what the point ....

I have 4200 Hp (seems low right) but with the attack speed od quill rain and thifs torment ring giving me around 50 life per hit ( now think about how many arrows are flying around the screen and do the math...

LIke i said NOt a pro or claim to be but this build had been amazing

I'm pretty new still and have a few questions:

1. Why don't you take Dirty Techniques, or Avatar of the Hunt, or Heavy Draw? They seem like damage nodes that are really close by. Is the damage just enough and you don't have to? Would it be overkill?

2. Why is it that Pathfinder is better for Toxic Rain than Assassin? I heard that crit is really good for damage and it seems to me like Assassin is the crit version of DoT so it would make sense for Assassin to be good for Toxic Rain as well but everyone says that's not the case. Is there something I'm missing?

3. Is the amount of crit in the tree enough? PoB suggests ~40% effective crit and I've read some poeple say that u need 70-90% crit... am I missing something again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info