[3.5 no more updates] Poison Scourge Arrow/TS and Barrage Assassin | 1+M Shaper DPS | 6k HP

"
blekotacz wrote:
Its not number of poison stacsks, its number of poison applied recently. I write about it in the guide. You know your attack per second, multiple it by number of projectiles, then * 4 seconds (recently) and * your hit chance (0.88) and you'll get number of poisons applied recently. ANd the reason it increases our dps is Noxious Strike. Each poison applied recently increases poison duration by 5%. So with 299 applied recently my poisons have 34.26s duration and with that i can have up to 436.9 poison stacks. I apply 74.8 poisons per second (APS*# of projs * hit chance) so im at max dps after 5.8 seconds. As long im attacking i am doing listed DPS. Clear?

Is this right? I thought you need 5 "attacks" to stack SA to max.

So, in my case, the number of single target stacks in a perfect scenario would go like:
(6.93 / 5) * (5 + 1) * 4 * 1 = 33.26

6.93 = APS
/5 = the number of attacks required to stack SA
*(5 + 1) = the number of pods (I assume this works like TS, where each pod has its own subprojectile group that can hit a single target once, in this case I don't have the enchant yet), +1 for the main arrow
4 = window duration, in seconds
1 = chance to hit (I run Glare)

I just don't see how you indend to stack 299 poisons onto something in 4 seconds with SA...

Also, any thoughs on the SA change:
"
Scourge Arrow: Additional Projectiles now apply to the primary arrow instead of the thorn arrows. The number of thorn arrows at lower levels has been increased to compensate. Pods are now distributed evenly among all primary projectiles.

I am not terribly happy about it myself, since it does seem like it would solve the issues SA has (shooting around obstacles/through door/in other tight spaces).
Last edited by CommanderZ on Sep 13, 2018, 4:56:40 AM
You missunderstand the post i wrote. As it says in "Tornado Shot vs Scourge Arrow and Damage Calculation" in main post, the number of poisons applied recently with singletarget SA is 65. 280 if for Barrage. With SA the calculation is the same, you just have to divide APS that PoB shows with 5 (number of stacks) and proj. count is number of pods placed (5, 6 with helm enchent).

And my thoughs on the SA change ... its too soon to say. There are several possibilities, lets say we have maximum charges:
1) each main arrow will spawn max number of pods - holy shit this will skyrocket AOE and single target DPS
2) the pods will be evenly spread among arrows fired - if 3 arrows and 6 pods it would spawn 2 pods per arrow, meaning ... number of pods will remain the same. If this is it, i hope they fixed the bug when pods wont spawn if obsticle is in the way, so lets say, 1 out of 5 arrows will have clear path, so all pods from blocked arrows will spawn in the one line, as it is now.

Unfurtunately... i think it will be the second one without the pod spwan upgrade :D
Last edited by blekotacz on Sep 13, 2018, 6:27:37 AM
Added response to patch 3.4.2 SA rework.
Loving the build so far, just hit the Thief's Torment landmark and the build feels very sustainable. Just wondering how you'd run a second aura on the build since it's in your optional links yet it would bring mana reservation to 100% with Herald of Agony active, unless you would suggest Herald of Agony with less support gems to be able to run a second aura.
the Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace are there just for the Vaal variant ;)
I have an old character (my first actually), it is poison/bleed Assassin... the old ascendancy tree assassin, made in Legacy League.

I was playing some Standard this morning and a Scourge Arrow gem dropped, which i swapped into the TS setup in my Dendrobate... my character is a meme TS build with:

Surprised with the damage, arrows from the pods chains and now i know that you don't need any extra arrow (toxic rain gives extra pod i believe), i'm really interested in this build.

Going to make a character from zero later today.

EDIT
Spoiler
Variation to the build which is insane, Shotgunner SA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAWSAw4l8P0
with stacked lightning damage (40ex build)
Last edited by evuless on Sep 18, 2018, 9:20:38 PM
His usage of SA seems a bit odd, he rarely charges it past 2 pods, even when he seems to have enough time to charge it more. In my understanding, the damage dealt effectively rises quadratically with the number of charges (for each charge, you get an extra pod AND 150% more damage). Also with the enchant, you get a 20% more damage as long as you charge the it fully. He doesn't seem to have all that much attack speed though, so his charging is slow-ish.

I beat red Elder on the weekend and am slowly making my way to Shaper (first Guardian map finally dropped). T14 bosses melt very easily, T15s last a bit, mostly beacuse it is harder to sustain fire on them. I am also at delve ~220 and that seems very easy (gimme more Sulphite patch pls), though my build sucks at running around in the darkness - I chose to run VP instead of Thief's Torment, so the darkness bites me extra hard.
Last edited by CommanderZ on Sep 19, 2018, 4:50:12 AM
You dont need to charge it always to max stages, sometimes just a tap on that skill is enough and charging to max is overkill = waste of time
"
blekotacz wrote:
You dont need to charge it always to max stages, sometimes just a tap on that skill is enough and charging to max is overkill = waste of time

When clearing white packs sure, but when fighting bosses, you want all the damage you can get, as long as it doesn't compromise your survival.
What is the point of MoM in your build? It looks like totally unnecessary, especially when use herald of agony in 4l embalmer setup with all that supports.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info