[3.4] Noodle's STOP! Toxic Rain / Withering Touch Pathfinder

"
threeseconds wrote:
How come you don't pick up the second duration cluster? It seems to be a major boost in DPS compared to other clusters you are choosing according to your formula.

+1 - exactly my thought.
- TroubiCZ
So I redid my original TRain build that I poached from Mathil to this one and I am very happy with how this one is working out. It totally works for me and I die a lot less than my previous build.

Good work, enjoying this version and liked the video.

"
trouba wrote:
"
threeseconds wrote:
How come you don't pick up the second duration cluster? It seems to be a major boost in DPS compared to other clusters you are choosing according to your formula.

+1 - exactly my thought.

Makes sense! It's just 4 nodes we don't really need to get there. What would you recommend removing?
"
"
trouba wrote:
"
threeseconds wrote:

+1 - exactly my thought.

Makes sense! It's just 4 nodes we don't really need to get there. What would you recommend removing?

the low life nodes (3%, 5%, got lots of them over all) the 2 extra nodes as second starting point location and with picking up some int on the way to another jewel slot as well and being around level 95 what is absolutly doable we could get blight and clarity to level 20 meanwhile.

Also im planning to use Thiefs Torment ring and a +1 curse amu <3
Last edited by Sah0k on Oct 17, 2018, 6:26:20 PM
"
"
trouba wrote:
"
threeseconds wrote:

+1 - exactly my thought.

Arcane Chemistry cluster - with that juicy 40% mana regen from Shaper, I have no problem with mana regen anymore
Thick skin - you need 5 point to gain 22% max life - ineffective. And you are immune from elemental ailments from Pathfinder ascendancy. If you need more life, invseting to Scion wheel of life is better.
- TroubiCZ
Why use Ranged Attack Totem, Rain of Arrows & Withering Touch for only 25% chance to wither, rather than Spell Totem and ACTUAL Wither? I can't seem to figure out a reason for that. Sure, it increases the chaos damage a bit on Rain, but with only the 25% chance of Withered effect, it looks like 'raw' wither ends up being way better for 100% chance, and always increased damage.
"
Raum266 wrote:
Why use Ranged Attack Totem, Rain of Arrows & Withering Touch for only 25% chance to wither, rather than Spell Totem and ACTUAL Wither? I can't seem to figure out a reason for that. Sure, it increases the chaos damage a bit on Rain, but with only the 25% chance of Withered effect, it looks like 'raw' wither ends up being way better for 100% chance, and always increased damage.

It's because ROA fires up to 20 arrows each volley. Supposing that our target gets hit by at least 10 arrows, the probability it is NOT withered is (0.75^10), which is about 5%, per volley. Add the area coverage and how fast volleys are repeated and I think you get the picture :)
- TroubiCZ
"
trouba wrote:

It's because ROA fires up to 20 arrows each volley. Supposing that our target gets hit by at least 10 arrows, the probability it is NOT withered is (0.75^10), which is about 5%, per volley. Add the area coverage and how fast volleys are repeated and I think you get the picture :)

Makes sense. Gracias :)

do you think it could work with this build (mostly asking because it's my favourite unique :P)
"
Solsagannn wrote:

do you think it could work with this build (mostly asking because it's my favourite unique :P)

Dunno, the only advantage is good max life and evasion. You will not leverage bleeding much, because both TR and RoA inflict very little damage directly from hitting and bleed does not stack - Crimson Dance passive is too far for this build. But feel free to try it and let us know ;)
- TroubiCZ
Last edited by trouba on Oct 25, 2018, 1:08:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info