[3.4] Noodle's STOP! Toxic Rain / Withering Touch Pathfinder

Thank you for the build.

This Build is really awesome. I never played bow build before and this thing oh boy its so strong and so fast to play. I'm just loving it. Managed to kill Uber Izaro at level 72 and it was so easy with only 5 link Toxic Rain. The game play of this build is so smooth, this is probably the fastest build I ever played and it got huge damage even with trash gear that I got (I invest about 20c in my character).

Edit:
I got lucky and drop a Reliq Key, Buyed 6L Quill and +1 arrow Quiver both for 3,5 ex

Got some questions for You Noodle:
Why did you swap Master Toxicist for Master Alchemist in your Ascendancy ?
It seems that You also don't use Herald of Agony anymore and you swap it for Arctic Armour, why's that?
Last edited by Ene on Sep 23, 2018, 4:42:56 AM
Does fire an additonal arrow increases the pods? or does it shoot 2 times?
"
faynop wrote:
Does fire an additonal arrow increases the pods? or does it shoot 2 times?

As far as I know, it should just add one more arrow, and by extension 1 more pod, to each use.
"
You also don't use Herald of Agony anymore and you swap it for Arctic Armour, why's that?

I'm not Noodle, but I might be able to answer. She swapped out Agony for AA for some more survivability. Agony wasn't giving any chaos dmg support only poison. So it was technically a wasted gem where AA would at least give some benefit.

I'm sure she'll come answer as well.
Spoiler
"
Ene wrote:
Thank you for the build.

This Build is really awesome. I never played bow build before and this thing oh boy its so strong and so fast to play. I'm just loving it. Managed to kill Uber Izaro at level 72 and it was so easy with only 5 link Toxic Rain. The game play of this build is so smooth, this is probably the fastest build I ever played and it got huge damage even with trash gear that I got (I invest about 20c in my character).

Edit:
I got lucky and drop a Reliq Key, Buyed 6L Quill and +1 arrow Quiver both for 3,5 ex

Got some questions for You Noodle:
Why did you swap Master Toxicist for Master Alchemist in your Ascendancy ?
It seems that You also don't use Herald of Agony anymore and you swap it for Arctic Armour, why's that?

Hey! Super happy to hear that. And good questions!

Once I got to really end game (Shaper, 250+ delves) I realized my damage was still awesome but I felt a little squishy. So here's my reasoning (and I'll update guide to reflect this)

1. Herald of Agony is poison based, and we are chaos. Scorpi boi doesn't actually give us more damage (it scales poison and phys). While he does damage on his own, damage was not an issue so I took arctic armour for a defensive mana reserve instead.

2. Master Alchemist gives us Elemental Ailment immunity. Since Master Toxicist is very focused on Herald of Agony and I removed him, that's also part of this decision. Attack speed (Nature's Adrenaline) was more damage than Master Toxicist's chaos damage/phys conversion. So again, just swapping for more defensive elements to the build.

Also congrats on the req key! I haven't seen one yet.
"
luka2113 wrote:
What wuld be a BIS weapon for this build?

BIS is Quill Rain. Attack speed is the most effective damage boost. Since our pods stack infinitely, and each arrow = 1 pod, the more arrows we shoot per second = more pods per second = more damage.

Technically if you crafted an Elder Bow with Vicious Projectiles 7 link, a +3, and excellent attack speed, that ~could~ be better. But Quill Rain is inexpensive and OP.
an additional arrow also significantly increases the aoe in which the pods drop - so it may not result in additional pod overlapping in actual use.

even if it does, it may not be very efficient
"
xMustard wrote:
an additional arrow also significantly increases the aoe in which the pods drop - so it may not result in additional pod overlapping in actual use.

even if it does, it may not be very efficient

You are correct that additional projectiles increases the AoE of Toxic Rain (although I wouldn't say it's significant). From my testing, I think that we have so many pods, with so much overlap, that the increase in the number of pods outweighs the increased AoE.

Without Dying Sun:
Spoiler

With Dying Sun (+2 Arrows):
Spoiler
i guess it kinda depends what the aoe range is on the DoT part of toxic rain. i wonder if its the same range as what the explosion is, but i kinda doubt it
Hey Noodle I returned to POE after about 4 years break and used your build (I'm playing on xbox since my wooden pc can't handle the game) and I'm really having a good time with it but I have a problem with survivability.. I'm not in end game at all, I just started mapping t1-2-3-4~ and haven't done uber lab yet (cause I'm squishy) do you have any recommendations? I guess most of it is my fault cause I'm using Tabula Rasa as of now (I have the chest armor with 6s but not linked yet so while I'm working on it I use the Tabula) but still, I saw you said Herald of Agony doesn't do much as it's poison and not chaos damage. Should I switch it to arctic armor like you did?
And another question if I may, using clarity + temporal chains + using toxic rain is taking a very hefty toll on my mana, any recommendation for that as well?
(Please treat me as a very beginner player as I have close to none recollection regarding POE :P)
Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info