[3.4] Semigloss's Phantasm Queen - Soulwrest Occultist (20+ Phantasms - Fast Mapping - Budget)

This looks super interesting. I saw a guy on Youtube playing a life Necro version, and it looked like dominoes falling in the Delves with the Trail boots.

Do you think Occultist brings enough to the table for this kind of build? I feel like you can justify it pretty well since the usual Big Boy keystones of Soul Weaver, Flesh Binder, and Bone Sculptor aren't going to help you. I do wonder if the other pretty juicy minion/move speed/free resists might be pretty solid too, though.
Last edited by JoeODanger on Sep 10, 2018, 3:14:36 PM
"
JoeODanger wrote:
This looks super interesting. I saw a guy on Youtube playing a life Necro version, and it looked like dominoes falling in the Delves with the Trail boots.

Do you think Occultist brings enough to the table for this kind of build? I feel like you can justify it pretty well since the usual Big Boy keystones of Soul Weaver, Flesh Binder, and Bone Sculptor aren't going to help you. I do wonder if the other pretty juicy minion/move speed/free resists might be pretty solid too, though.
I love the survivability aspect of Occultist, and the pack explosions make mapping feel awesome. I do think that Necromancer is better geared towards single target damage (more minion increases), but this is why I invested in curses in my build. I currently run blasphemy with Vulnerability and Projectile Weakness, which after the curse passives I took is 115%/46%/23% MORE damage taken for Normal/Boss/Elite enemies, respectively. This makes a big difference.

"
grimlock9999 wrote:
Awesome, I look forward to the full guide!

I was actually just fooling around in PoB with Soulwrest, and came up with this version using kitavas thirst helmet.

https://pastebin.com/ypFdTmcQ

This item has a lot of possibilities!
Grimlock, this crap had me thinking all day at work >_>. I really like the idea of having Kitava's cast Desecrate/Offering/Curse/Curse for me. I couldn't think of a skill to reach that high mana cost, until I looked harder at the Necro ascendancy. Skeletons. I remember seeing a Skeleton Mage build some time ago (Ghazzy maybe?) and I think that would compliment the build very well. The mages act almost identical to phantasms, and we already have the required jewel sockets. Casting a 6L Skeleton setup from your chest armor would trigger Kitava's, which would double curse, cast an offering (boom, phantasms), and also cast corpses in case you didn't have them already. Bubonic Trail would help keep phantasms up also. The only real downside I could think of was not much room for resistances, but Necro helps a ton with that too. I will add a section about this idea, and might give it a try soon (going life based for sure).

Last edited by SemiglossButton on Sep 13, 2018, 2:52:19 PM
"
Completed 9 Challengesgrimlock9999 wrote:
Awesome, I look forward to the full guide!

I was actually just fooling around in PoB with Soulwrest, and came up with this version using kitavas thirst helmet.

https://pastebin.com/ypFdTmcQ

This item has a lot of possibilities!
Grimlock, this crap had me thinking all day at work >_>. I really like the idea of having Kitava's cast Desecrate/Offering/Curse/Curse for me. I couldn't think of a skill to reach that high mana cost, until I looked harder at the Necro ascendancy. Skeletons. I remember seeing a Skeleton Mage build some time ago (Ghazzy maybe?) and I think that would compliment the build very well. The mages act almost identical to phantasms, and we already have the required jewel sockets. Casting a 6L Skeleton setup from your chest armor would trigger Kitava's, which would double curse, cast an offering (boom, phantasms), and also cast corpses in case you didn't have them already. Bubonic Trail would help keep phantasms up also. The only real downside I could think of was not much room for resistances, but Necro helps a ton with that too. I will add a section about this idea, and might give it a try soon (going life based for sure).

It's a great idea. I did try this in standard, and came across the problem of skeleton mages doing terrible damage. All those new nodes with minion accuracy only have half the benefit for skelly mages. Also, if using kitavas, you will need mana regen, which command of the pit gives via arcane surge. Again, the accuracy from that has more synergy with SRS. If using melee skellies, you are pretty much forced into using necro, because bone sculptor is so darn good.(also I bought the bee effect for SRS, so kinda want to use it)

Also since skelly mages use spell echo and have from dust options, you can get 10 skellies with one button push (using necro ascendency).
this is nice, really like this take on soulwrest, just looking at the tree wouldn't you want to take Zealot's Oath to get the regen from the staff apply to ES?
Great Guide
Last edited by MaggXD on Sep 11, 2018, 8:30:32 AM
You say you used Ball Lightning with poison, but it's not giving me any Virulence stacks at all. Even with 60% chance to poison, am I missing something?
I just wanted to say, I'd been trying to make a minion character this league that was 'different' from SRS, Zombies, Skeletons or Animate Weapon, which I'd done to death before. I literally made this character following your build and the flexibility and power of it blows me away. It is so amazingly fun.

I did a couple minor changes however, in that instead of zombies as tanks, I got a 5l chestpiece with Animated Guardian/Stone Golem/Raise Spectre/Minion Life/Minion Resistance. I use them to buff the Phantasms to great effect. Tons of life regen, taunt, bonus movement speed for all minions, its definitely my favorite build I've played in years.
"
RoyMatsuya wrote:
I just wanted to say, I'd been trying to make a minion character this league that was 'different' from SRS, Zombies, Skeletons or Animate Weapon, which I'd done to death before. I literally made this character following your build and the flexibility and power of it blows me away. It is so amazingly fun.

I did a couple minor changes however, in that instead of zombies as tanks, I got a 5l chestpiece with Animated Guardian/Stone Golem/Raise Spectre/Minion Life/Minion Resistance. I use them to buff the Phantasms to great effect. Tons of life regen, taunt, bonus movement speed for all minions, its definitely my favorite build I've played in years.

Can you link your build? I'm wanting to make a CI build and would like to see if your setup is better optimized than his is.
"
Andved wrote:
You say you used Ball Lightning with poison, but it's not giving me any Virulence stacks at all. Even with 60% chance to poison, am I missing something?

Level 1 Poison gem doesn't apply any damage, It needs to be at least level 2.
Last edited by We7efrur on Sep 12, 2018, 12:08:16 AM
"
RoyMatsuya wrote:

+1, i am really having fun with this build.
Would you mind sharing your pastebin, i am also interested in buffing Phantasms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info