[3.8] The Kingsguard - LL Aurabot Dominating Blow Summoner Tank - Uber Elder and Atziri, Delve 600+

"
modnar99 wrote:
I am currently working on this build and have got 9 auras right now from just myself alone. I do not have the mana reserve helm enchant. I feel that I might be missing some stuff or stats that I am overlooking?

If you got the 15% Haste helm enchant, and a leveled-up Blood Magic gem, then you'd be able to move Haste to your life globe and Purity of Fire to the mana globe.

You can do the same if you get a Conqueror's Efficency with that 1% mana reservation reduction corruption. (I'm thinking that may be my next upgrade on my guy, actually.) If you do that then you could use a different helm enchant, like 20% Purity of X, which combined with Enlighten would let you add Vitality to the mana globe.

"
modnar99 wrote:
The empower lvl 4 really helped with the mana reservation

You mean Enlighten, right? That's what you have slotted.

"
modnar99 wrote:
I currently have 99% of my Mana Reserved, which leaves me with 10 mana, enough to cast a level 15 summon skeleton, I guess that is the only thing that the helm enchant would improve, give me slightly more mana for that. I just turn off an aura to summon my holy relic.

I don't use skeletons at all myself. I run a Stone Golem instead, in a link of Summon Spectre-Animated Guardian-Stone Golem-Minion Life. And yes, I have to turn off an aura to summon any of those pets. They almost never die so it's not much of a hardship.

"
modnar99 wrote:
I need to 6 link my chest, it will free up some other slots, but I don't know how I will get 5/1b.. unless I white socket and hope one of the bottom hits.

You need to use the jeweler recipe trick. Looks like your first 4 sockets are red already. So you go to your crafting bench, craft 4 sockets, and that should be RRRR. Then you craft 5, and hope for a red. If not, repeat. Once you have RRRRR, craft 6 sockets and now you have RRRRRB. (Hopefully only once...when I did it the first time, I got G and had to repeat 5/6 sockets a second time to get B.) And then you have to 6 link with fusings.

Obviously, this is gonna take a lot of currency. I finally got mine just a couple days ago, and to do so I bought a second Shavronne's instead of screwing up my 5-link.
Finally got Elder and Shaper down on this build. The build handles them fine, it took a while due to me being terrible. :) Or more accurately, slow. Been a couple leagues since I did the Shaper fight so it took a while to relearn the dodge cues.

I tried Elder with a 5-link and beat him, but couldn't keep the Shaper alive. The sixth link really helps with DPS. Second time with the 6-link, Elder was no problem and I managed Shaper once I re-learned what the hell I was doing.

Dunno if I'll end up trying for the Uber version. My dodge reflexes aren't what they used to be! But I'm confident the build could do it, with a decent pilot.
Hey Guys, I need to advice.

I'm play on little budget version. Just don't use determination. But i need to now, what is better. Buy Enlighten lvl 4 to can run determination, or better 6l shavrone?

Can you check my character for advice? :)
Vitality enchant on helmet is good?
ye i know i had ring +1 but no money for more.
Last edited by Polopiryn on Jan 12, 2019, 3:41:31 PM
"
Polopiryn wrote:
I'm play on little budget version. Just don't use determination. But i need to now, what is better. Buy Enlighten lvl 4 to can run determination, or better 6l shavrone?

If I were you, I'd go get Champion of the Cause on the passive tree. (Here's an example PoB that I made earlier for a similar build: https://pastebin.com/yrgLDA8c) That will let you swap auras around to run everything (except Vitality) and you can spend your currency on 6-link. Then run the highest maps you can do safely until you have the cash for the gear pieces you're missing. I'd recommend a good Stygian Vise belt first, that added jewel slot will help as well.
Hi,
I have never before played a summoner-build but it looked nice so here we are. I bought most of the stuff and spent some time, trying to figure out how to play this. Can u confirm this playstyle or am I completely jerking around?!
1. Get spectres (with a nice lvl), guardian.
2. Get auras and buffs (as much as I can ... right now its "Hatred, Discipline, Determination, Radiant faith, Pirity of Ice and Lightning, Radiant Faith, Herald of Purity, Dying Breath, Victarios FLight" nooo Idea how Haste with 77% reservation shall be possible)
3. Go in a map and jump around, spamming "Dominating Blow" to get minions.
4. Jump around more and spam more Dominating blow.
5. If there are big enemies - vaal summon skeletons.

Am I doing this right? Does someone have any tipps for better gear or a better skilltree than mine?

I still have about 5ex left.

Thx mates :)
Last edited by NebuKadneZaar on Jan 14, 2019, 2:36:33 PM
Okay, so i worked hard on a version of this build that allows one to solo really well, tank well, and aura bot well.

What we lose from OP - grace. I don't like grace i feel + ~10% evade chance is blahh. Only IR characters really benefit from it unless its vaal grace, but we have other better options imo.

What we gain is dps, dps, and a different tank (more regen less avoidance, you could still use a rumi's for more blocking). (when playing as an aura bot you also can easily run grace or anger in place of herald of purity.)

https://pastebin.com/UQhpM8mj

The numbers @ 94 (shaper):
Sentinel of Dominance - 9x 220,500 = 1,984,500
Sentinel of Purity - 4x 233,450 = 933,800

Total dps 3,018,300 (including +100,000 from self).

Without vaal haste = 2,450,850 shaper dps.

If you don't want to swap out Melee Splash for End bosses, you lose 671,400 with vaal haste up. But its really not that big of a deal thats still almost 2 mill shaper dps without vaal haste.

This can be increased by 10% by using flesh offering. But it requires you to remove minion life gem from minions or not, use a slightly weaker hungry loop, or not having vaal discipline (get disc corruption on prism guardian. Also cinderswallow can provide another ~10% damage.

---

ES w/ Hungry Loop = 9,596

ES = 10,230

ES Regen is ~1,400 / sec.

---

Evade is 60%

Resist 83/83/84/0

Physical damage taken = 0.08 (I face tank everything but dots)

Of course chaos is 0.8 (fortify)

10% Dodge and spell dodge from flask

------------------------

Other notes:

OP doesn't have charge Ape spectres linked to blood magic... that is a requirement (at least in mk 2). Also while a host + carnage chieftain will give power and frenzy charges the frenzy apes were nerfed in 3.5 (we think)and cast far far less than before. With you summoning new domies all the time plus running around just two frenzy apes might be better for most content (save shaper/elder/atziri/etc).

This build no longer requires an enlighten.

Vaal discipline is so strong on maps i just pop it on any boss or w/e and cannot die (save something like shaper beam as we are far weaker to dots).

Both of my minions have maim... but i am using vulnerability gloves. And long story short, all damage sources now need maim linked. If using enfeeble gloves just switch maim for increased critical damage in DB gem links and ruthlessness for bloodlust(Use melee splash on trash instead of both of these). Enfeeble is strong so its not bad.

Don't waste you money on a Enegry from Within with 1% mana reservation jewel go with a healthy mind with 1% mana reservation instead (same socket)... its so much cheaper and typically as strong if not stronger.

Skeletons - if you didn't know they are the kings of damage. You could use them instead of Herald of purity... it feels kinda odd because you have to cast them but you will actually get more damage from them (feels odd with this build).

Get a Sulphur flask of ORDER (its a craft) While up, even if not standing on conc ground, you get 3% life regen ... super nice.

I am using a basalt flask ... its probably not worth. Another option is a Cinderswallow which technically can give ~10% more dps (you'll need a jewel with added fire damage [for yourself no the minions, and you cannot CANNOT use anger]). Another option is an amethyst flask for chaos res.

Tons of watcher eye combos (i have a few loaded in PoB).

Jewels are the strongest nodes for minion builds; pretty much every single minion build i have played. I would avoid the 'if you or you minions have killed recently gain # attack and cast speed'. Because if you haven't killed it does nothing and you can get a 6% attack speed that always works. Still attack speed is rather underwhelming on this build. The minion damage if recent minion skill is used is typically almost twice as strong. ES, mana , life, str/int is super strong.

Strength is so strong for this build pick up every bit of it you can (makes me wonder about a The Baron version).

Fortify corruption on axe. Your domies don't really die easy and you can get them up rather quickly.

I use a leer cast on on animate guardian - its cheep and honestly i think its ~1.2% less damage BUT when i am running with friends as aura bot/haz some minions its rare to find physical damage builds and Leer cast helps everyone.

Uber Elder explosion with a 21/20 animate guardian can one shot him, make sure he is put away or in zana's shield. (oddly the spectres are fine; this is with a minion life gem).

You need a level 20 desecrate gem and place it in your faster attacks slot to make high level ape spectres... its a pain in the butt.

I like soul of Tukohama it just meshes real well with the build, but not on uber elder. Shakari is also okay for poison immunity... but i have never even had close to an issue.

-------

What i wish i had a 20% or 30% ,yep you read that correct, mana reservation enchant for herald of purity. So strong and could even allow more auras to be ran.

-----

Cheap options - if you cannot afford a ~5ex helm (alpha's with a 20% purity enchant) you can sacrifice vaal discipline and get a discipline corruption on the prism guardian and drop a 2+ level enlighten and a 14% quality reservation. But no matter what you have to get one. Or another 1% mana reservation corrupted jewel, a level 4 enlighten, discipline corruption on shield, and an alphas howl without any enchant.
Last edited by Amarath on Jan 21, 2019, 8:49:36 PM
Am I missing something with Carnage Chieftains? Even with two I'm lucky to have 2 frenzy charges at a few points in a map or during a boss fight, let alone 3 consistently.
Could you give us something like a "Shopping Cart"? Like, we have to level as Life Based and change to LL at the endgame, How many regrets would it cost? (this is just an example, of course I could count it) It would be a Great improvement, other examples are

Shavrone's minimum ES // 5L Shavrone's Setup
Chayula's Acceptable Corrupts // For the rich guys section
# Regrets necessary if following the guide

(BTW That leveling section is awesome)
Thanks Amarath for the info on your alternate build. I don't have the gear to do all the stuff you did but I did switch from Dread to War Banner. Which is a bit more damage plus lets me drop Resolute Technique with very little accuracy loss, worth 5 passive points that I used for more ES.

"
Am I missing something with Carnage Chieftains? Even with two I'm lucky to have 2 frenzy charges at a few points in a map or during a boss fight, let alone 3 consistently.

I've noticed that too. I'm not sure what would be better as spectres, though. We don't have the links to do damage with them.
"

Apes always, ALWAYS, need blood magic linked to them. I hear level 20 clarity isn't bad also - but still not bm level.

Another thing is while you are running/mapping they stop to cast, so you often run out of their charge gain range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info