[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
pasomateo wrote:
Your build makes a lot of claims about being scaleable, viable on budget, etc etc. "-Can start on a budget, a good league starter too" Yet the common complaint seems to be a lack of viability without your mid-range gear, which is crazy expensive.

Kaom's is 190c in Synthesis
A really shitty helm, with the two requirements is 45c
Grelwoods are 40c
Watcher Eye with Anger mod is 40c
Cinderswallow 15c
Tombfist w/ 2x Abyssal 300c

So you are pitching an easily scaleable build which only really achieves close to what you are promising with nearly 4-5 exalts worth of investment.

You might want to add a tag somewhere in the pros/cons that the build is marginal on a budget, but can scale well with unlimited or high-end budgets, to avoid some of the backlash/bait-switch that is occurring.

Lvl 84 Jugg, got Grelwood and Remorse, everything else is random rares and doing just fine. Currently mapping T5-T6 and gathering currency/items for upgrades. Maybe the people who complain should l2p...
Nice build/guide....only 1 question maybe it has been covered and i'm sorry if it is.

Any skill gems i should not max/Max with 20% quality? ty
If anyone want a budget build then maybe try my build I used back in 3.5 and stop whining about the cost of this build because it's a great framework to modify for budget. 1.2M shaper dps using calculator and can survive ez all of shaper attacks besides the hyperbeam. Only thing truly expensive is Dying Sun and if you think anything else is expensive in my build then learn how to make currency better.

POB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/kqfHjerW
Last edited by Hansworth on Mar 28, 2019, 5:26:28 AM
Is there any reason you don't get AS on your abyssal jewels? Is fire damage on hit is better than the 3-5% you get?

I've never played PoE before this league and this is my first char, so thanks for the build. So far it has been pretty idiot proof for me (though I can't speak for how different builds would feel with the same investment obviously). Some cliff notes for gear progression:

- High AS claw with LoH for leveling/low tier mapping
- I used Faster Attacks instead of one of the blue gems (I was lucky and had a Tabula drop early) as Multistrike feels annoying with low AS
- Thief's Torment solves most your life leech issues and all your mana issues, allowing you to easily transition to Grelwood before being able to afford LoH gear
- I link Poacher's Mark with CWDT (moved totem to shield, never needed Enlighten so far) which helps a lot when you are being bursted and gives you AS as well
- Grelwood->Helm->Kaom's was my progression. Note that I used a Tabula the entire time until I got the helm with no problems.
- I spent very little chaos on the rest of my gear because as long as it has resistances and some HP it didn't feel like it mattered at all
Guys, here's my setup, using 6L Belly and a -res +2proj helmet. Sitting on 8.7k life and managd to do all content, including shaper, uber elder, mastermind, etc.. I'm lvl 92.

I can't actually link the jewels, but they're all 6-7% life + 10% or more AS, one with +2 mana gained on hit and 7% life and a Watcher's eye with 50% fire dmg while affected by anger.
Last edited by chaossbart on Mar 28, 2019, 8:52:05 AM
Try this build for HC, select it for "facetanking" cause im want finish "70-80-90 level on hc" achievements. Play story very carefull, and not even once have lower then 2/3 of HP. All caps every time capped etc.
And was fast and easy ripped by Doedre the Vile in start of act 8 (((((. Just several seconds, and my jugger die have not any affection from hp flask buttons spamming.

Its boss never was a big problem for my paper-thin chars like arc-witch but so dangerous for "facetank everything" jugger :(
Last edited by iunewind on Mar 28, 2019, 10:05:47 AM
is tombfist worth getting after the nerf?
What about going with some rare gloves (for extra gem space) and a The Surrender shield with curse on hit, enfeeble/flammibility and vengance?
The curse procs quite fast with the reckoning and vengance effect and is a huge defence/damage boost. Sounds viable to me but have to test it out further..

What do you guys think?
"
LizenzKRATOS wrote:
What about going with some rare gloves (for extra gem space) and a The Surrender shield with curse on hit, enfeeble/flammibility and vengance?
The curse procs quite fast with the reckoning and vengance effect and is a huge defence/damage boost. Sounds viable to me but have to test it out further..

What do you guys think?

I don't think it would be worth it, I used flammability on CwDT and then switched for wave of conviction to apply exposure (-25 res) in order to use Poachers mark on hit with my ring.

If you'd like to use any curse, i'd recommend you go for this path, but they're not that efficient against bosses and you don't need them against regular mobs (they just dissapear)

Btw: exposure is 100% effective against bosses, which is amazing, not like curses.
"
pasomateo wrote:

Watcher Eye with Anger mod is 40c

What magical ass place are you traveling to in order to pick up a watcher's eye so cheap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info