[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

I'm loving this build but the frame time issues causing disconnects while delving is a serious problem so I'm trying to see what I can take out to reduce the mayhem a bit.

Is Ball lightning really doing anything in this build besides creating more clutter? PoB lists only a 5% chance to shock so I'm guessing thats not helping a whole lot. Unsocketing BL that already seemed to help with framedrops quite a bit, I just wonder if i'm missing something. Anyone have any opinions?
"
Taranis88 wrote:
I'm loving this build but the frame time issues causing disconnects while delving is a serious problem so I'm trying to see what I can take out to reduce the mayhem a bit.

Is Ball lightning really doing anything in this build besides creating more clutter? PoB lists only a 5% chance to shock so I'm guessing thats not helping a whole lot. Unsocketing BL that already seemed to help with framedrops quite a bit, I just wonder if i'm missing something. Anyone have any opinions?

Hi thanks for trying my build. Ball lightning provides more than half instances of ignites, allowing more heal, and proc more cwdt. It won't shock anything due to small damage.

If you have your network setting at "lockstep", changing it to "predictive" will help a lot. If you still lag, try remove GMP link to ball lightning. If still lag, try use Seventh sun + rare sceptre combo instead of Xophs, I suspect the proliferation property on Xophs will cause some lag too (not tested yet).

Please let me know if any of the above works!
Question, Could you upload a delve video.
And some more mapping videos.
Regards,
It's expensive to get a off colour Rat's Cage. Can I give up vaal molten shell and use another body armor ? Can I still do bosses without vaal molten shell ?
When you have immortal call your are immune to physical damage, does that mean self inflicted physical damage does not proc CWDT ?
"
Question, Could you upload a delve video.
And some more mapping videos.
Regards,

Will update more this weekend. Unfortunately I don't play this league so can't have delve video anytime soon.
"
Oberver wrote:
It's expensive to get a off colour Rat's Cage. Can I give up vaal molten shell and use another body armor ? Can I still do bosses without vaal molten shell ?

Bossing without VMS, with some 300-500k dps is not fun, and risky. I have my VMS links in helmet, and my rat cage is on RRBBGG, which is not that difficult. If you don't have good helmet with "socketed supported by X skills", just use a 4L, will still be millions of damage, sufficient for most bosses.
"
Oberver wrote:
When you have immortal call your are immune to physical damage, does that mean self inflicted physical damage does not proc CWDT ?

Somehow it still triggers CWDT. My guess is either the self fire damage or the self phys damage is secondary, and can't be prevented by IC.
I think I've found a potential fix for bigger lags and unexpected disconnections in delves and massive packs.

When I switched out Ball Lightning for Fireball during my testing it lagged significantly less. It doesn't ignite as much as Ball Lightning potentially can but with GMP and the AOE explosion on hit it still ignites enough to heal you for a good amount. If you're too close to

I'm still testing around with other projectile spells like Magmaorb or similar stuff like Glacial Cascade but Fireball seems to be the most comfortable alternative.

Also what are your thoughts on going Chief instead of Jugg? You would have to drop Mokous, but would have way less pressure on gear and jewels regarding resists. The additional leech might be nice as well and I guess you would do more damage.
Last edited by Iodid on Sep 25, 2018, 4:23:28 PM
"
Iodid wrote:
I think I've found a potential fix for bigger lags and unexpected disconnections in delves and massive packs.

When I switched out Ball Lightning for Fireball during my testing it lagged significantly less. It doesn't ignite as much as Ball Lightning potentially can but with GMP and the AOE explosion on hit it still ignites enough to heal you for a good amount. If you're too close to

I'm still testing around with other projectile spells like Magmaorb or similar stuff like Glacial Cascade but Fireball seems to be the most comfortable alternative.

Also what are your thoughts on going Chief instead of Jugg? You would have to drop Mokous, but would have way less pressure on gear and jewels regarding resists. The additional leech might be nice as well and I guess you would do more damage.

Hi, thank you, since I don't play delve (yet), this is really helpful. I tried fireball in standard, a fork would help a lot (Fireball gmp fork cwdt).

Other choices:
My fav would be cwdt-unearth-gmp-VD.
Since Magma orb can't support fork, it won't provide more hits than Fireball.
Spark/Freezing pulse with GMP could also work but will require a new glove (faster projectile).

I'm including your suggestion in the next major update, this new version involves no button pressing but auto triggers everything.

Other ascendancy are also fine for this build. My fav part about Juggernaut is the permanent immortal call, stun/freeze/temp chain immunity.

If 100% resistance is what you prefer, yes go for Chief. In my new build I don't use mokou, but DPS is even higher.

I'd actually consider, Berserker, for two reasons: 1. 40% more damage buff is phenomenon OP, and it's one of the few ways to buff Abyssal Cry; 2. 100% warcry CD is superior for mapping. The free spell life leech can be potentially good, but we have enough regen for this build.
Last edited by alexh1985 on Sep 25, 2018, 5:28:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info