3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
thecorky wrote:
Hello,

Im new to this game, and dont understant why you pick minion nodes ? can you explain ?

Check the opening post; it details that picking up the Spiritual Aid passive node allows "increases to Minion damage and reductions also apply to you." That's why we pick up minion nodes, and that's why a Bone Helmet works for the build.

"
ZeroCloud wrote:
I'd appreciate any advice on this. I'm not committing to spending multiple Ex to start min/maxing this, but I feel like there are opportunities I'm missing.

Couple questions:
-Why are people so focused on the rare crit body armour? When I plugged some of your profile armours in PoB I got <1% DPS increase, but gave up a lot of survivability from the loreweave.
-Guide mentions the Maligaro's gloves and Marylene's amulet, but almost everyone I see is using rares instead. Should I be replacing these?
-Overall my life is low (3.7k), but I don't see any easy swaps where I'm not giving up 5-10% overall DPS. Any specific gear advice?

I haven't made another character or build just yet, but I comfortably stumbled upwards to level 85 with a little under 1ex investment earlier in the league; I upgraded and have put roughly 3ex total into all my gear the closer I got to level 90. You don't have to focus too much on the investment cost since the moment you get into endgame + maps, currency starts getting thrown at you. Also, as the league is several weeks in, there's a plethora of affordable equipment that will easily carry you into the 90s.

I cannot speak much on the body armor as I'm using a Soul Mantle, but I can say that the choice for Maligaro's glove and Marylene's amulet are for cheap, affordable stats; the gloves give decent crit and the amulet is a cheap method to give your crits Culling Strike. As far as I know, that's basically it. If you want to invest a bit more chaos into the build, getting a better set of gloves for your resistances is a good idea and swapping the amulet for whatever stat you're missing is also a fine decision.

The Culling Strike matters less when you're doing fat damages and landing crits on the regular as you'll usually blow through mobs anyway. At least, that's how I see it.
"
Fritso wrote:
Finally got enough currency to switch from dual wield rare sceptres to +1 totem shield + Shimmeron.....oh my what a buff that is. As others have said, the degen from shimmeron isn't that bad.

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems
815k dps (480k shaper dps) per totem

Thanks for this build guide! Didn't think I'd love the totem playstyle this much.

Gear:

Can you explain elemental focus? Wouldnt being able to shock lead to similer dmg?
Also can you add some words to the wither totem setup?
"
Fritso wrote:
Finally got enough currency to switch from dual wield rare sceptres to +1 totem shield + Shimmeron.....oh my what a buff that is. As others have said, the degen from shimmeron isn't that bad.

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems

Thanks for this build guide! Didn't think I'd love the totem playstyle this much.

Gear:

I'm probably missing something, but... Why righteous fire on shimmeron?
I can definitely say switching to Soul Mantle did a ton for me in terms of DPS. Double Kikazaru makes the curses irrelevant and Self-Flagellation increases damage too significantly to ignore. Feels like a far better setup than op's to me.

I did feel that Shimmeron with Soul Mantle was giving up a bit too much survivability. I would rather lose ~15% DPS to have much better regen. Regen was barely positive even with 5 totems down.
Really enjoying the build, first time with Arc Totems for me, just got myself a +1 shield to play with too and the damage increase was insane.

Something I was wondering though, any specific reason we aim for a Wand or Kris as our weapon (outside of uniques of course)?

Just found this sceptre and according to PoB it gives me 17% more dps compared to my previous wand.

"
X3Btel wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems

Gear:

Can you explain elemental focus? Wouldnt being able to shock lead to similer dmg?
Also can you add some words to the wither totem setup?

At this point in my dmg all mobs die in 1 hit and bosses in about 1 second. So the only thing left to do is buff the dps for Shaper/Elder/Guardians. Those have so much HP you're not going to shock em for much if anything at all. So Elemental Focus is a much bigger dmg increase.

For example: switching ele focus to increased crit strikes in my setup would cause me to lose 200k dps per totem. Which could only be made up if I shocked for at least 30-ish % of their HP. That's not possible against those bosses.

/edit: the wither totem is used for utility. It slows bosses, plus 2 extra totems is more dmg and regen due to ascendancy. Also, the wither totem costs less mana than the arc totems, so I can use Wither totem to spam before boss fights and build up my curses for self-flagilation dmg bonus.
Last edited by Fritso on Dec 27, 2018, 4:47:43 AM
"
LewsTherin wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems

Gear:

I'm probably missing something, but... Why righteous fire on shimmeron?

Pop Vaal Righteous Fire on boss fights for a 7 second buff of 39% more dmg.
"
Fritso wrote:

Pop Vaal Righteous Fire on boss fights for a 7 second buff of 39% more dmg.

Oh, didn't notice it was vaal RF... Thanks
Any ideas how to increase my dmg and survival? Thanks

"
Any ideas how to increase my dmg and survival? Thanks

Yes, why are you running a curse removal flask while using 2 Kikazaru rings? Dump that flask and throw a Self-Flagilation jewel into your tree for well over 200% increased dmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info