3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
sighlight wrote:
is there a more indepth leveling guide and skill gem progression guide?

I'd also like to know if there are good leveling uniques

Hey, I leveled with totems and hiero. I used smite while making my way to the second totem node. Once I had that, it was arc totems the whole way. This was at league start, so I grabbed scepters with inc damage for the spells. Just run through the story and keep upgrading weapons, get a four link with arc, spell totem, lit pen, and controlled dest I guess. Or whatever is most beneficial. Get labs done - they are massive damage boosts because of the totems. Get mana, get MoM, then fill out more damage.

I didn't know the minion nodes would work, so I didn't have those premaps, I started going down to scion health and those totem nodes.

You can look at my char - I'm still in a 4 link, haven't bought anything STILL IN CRAP GEAR, doesn't even matter. Arc eats stuff. Just woke up, but my initial push got me to 84. If anything, I'd get an essence worm for more def via mana(MoM).

"
Difficulties wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

Hey, I leveled with totems and hiero. I used smite while making my way to the second totem node. Once I had that, it was arc totems the whole way. This was at league start, so I grabbed scepters with inc damage for the spells. Just run through the story and keep upgrading weapons, get a four link with arc, spell totem, lit pen, and controlled dest I guess. Or whatever is most beneficial. Get labs done - they are massive damage boosts because of the totems. Get mana, get MoM, then fill out more damage.

I didn't know the minion nodes would work, so I didn't have those premaps, I started going down to scion health and those totem nodes.

You can look at my char - I'm still in a 4 link, haven't bought anything STILL IN CRAP GEAR, doesn't even matter. Arc eats stuff. Just woke up, but my initial push got me to 84. If anything, I'd get an essence worm for more def via mana(MoM).

Dude thank you! Ok! I will use smite until I hit totems! what is hiero?

thanks a bunch!!!!!! at what level do we get totems? can't wait to start it!
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 2, 2018, 11:36:50 AM
How is the build in delve mines?..survability i mean

[/quote]

thanks a bunch!!!!!! at what level do we get totems? can't wait to start it![/quote]

Hierophant is the ascendancy that you pick.
"
yissus wrote:
How is the build in delve mines?..survability i mean

I'm around dlevel 100-110ish mob lvl 71. I cast totems ahead of the cart and run up, they clear most anything. The mobs that attack the cart and shut off its light, I just stand away from the cart a little bit and let it get attacked while putting down totems. As for the mini fights at the nodes, I use that time to ID items because I don't have to do anything or pay attention. I guess there was that little dragon fight boss, but idk, just dont get hit if he even gets time to go into his flight stuff.

If anything, as of right now i'd like more defense. I do die occasionally, but it's more from just not paying attention.
"
sighlight wrote:
"
Difficulties wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

thanks a bunch!!!!!! at what level do we get totems? can't wait to start it!

Yes, it's the lab rewards. Get your totems first.

Smite with ancestral call and the relic thing, with some zombies too. But to me, smite felt better than molten for the first 20 levels. Around lvl 20, you should have enough points for the extra totem/can't attack yourself node. Just before 20 if you do the skill point quests
https://pastebin.com/Z2rkbnu7

This is a more optimized tree. More DPS and Life for a small decrease in mana pool. You can drop the DPS back to the original tree number and pick up a jewel socket if you like by dropping off the nodes after Assassination and picking up the jewel socket past Arcane Potency.
What about that wheel on the left side of Ancestral Bond? It is pure Minion Damage/Life and stuff like that, does that apply to Totems?
"
Telgum wrote:
What about that wheel on the left side of Ancestral Bond? It is pure Minion Damage/Life and stuff like that, does that apply to Totems?

Normally, minion mods don't apply to totems, but Spiritual Aid in that wheel says: "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you". And that causes the damage increases to affect your totems.

That said, in spite of the build order suggestions in the first post, I question taking that wheel early on.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Last edited by CelticHound on Sep 2, 2018, 2:09:46 PM
"
ColeonePS wrote:
All of the effects or just the damage effects as it reads?

Another node - Spiritual Command - says "Increases and Reductions to Minion Attack Speed also affect you". So I'd guess just damage.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info