Mirkulas BV Chieftain 3.4 Build (1.Chieftain SSF Flashback)

"
mirkula wrote:
No its not nerfed. Even stat stick is not nerfed. The only thing i would change for 3.5 is maybe try a different movement skill. Flame dash, phase run and consecrated path are all good options. But shield charge still great. You can also self cast blood rage, because its instant now. But if you map a lot putting in in cwdt is a huge quality of life, as i often forgot to cast it.

You can also try to grab spiritual aid node, so you have an easier time rolling jewels, because minion damage also works for you. This way you can also use bone helmet. See post above from haast. But besides that i would totally go with it again, if i didnt have 2 blade vortex chieftain already. Curses are so much better then running anger aura imho.

awesome build, man. looking forward to playing this build in 3.5 as well. Just out of curiosity, will you say that this build is also a good build for lab farming at the beginning of the league?
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

awesome build, man. looking forward to playing this build in 3.5 as well. Just out of curiosity, will you say that this build is also a good build for lab farming at the beginning of the league?

Its a good farmer, because you have high regen for the traps and blade vortex always been one of the quickest ways to kill itzaro just switch spell echo with conc effect and build up your stacks and he is done. You may want to get a bit more movement speed and invest in phase run for faster running.
"
mirkula wrote:
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

Its a good farmer, because you have high regen for the traps and blade vortex always been one of the quickest ways to kill itzaro just switch spell echo with conc effect and build up your stacks and he is done. You may want to get a bit more movement speed and invest in phase run for faster running.

Thank you very much. Will u start the new league with this build?
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

Thank you very much. Will u start the new league with this build?

No, I did play this build 2 times one to 98 the other to 100. Also did blade vortex occultist last league. So enough of blade vortex for me. But its a lot of fun.
Can someone give me a rough comparison between Elementalist BV and Chieftain BV? During the Incursion league, I played Tri-Herald Elementalist BV following DirtyDot's guide on PoE forums and really liked it, and wanted to also play it this league, however, a change in class and ascendancy would definitely be fresh welcome for me. I play softcore. I'm more or less interested in looking at the pros and cons of each build when compared to the other in the following categories and more.

Single Target -
AOE -
Defense -
Uber Lab Izaro -
Uber Lab Traps -
Cost to get to uber lab farming setup -
Overall -

I try to do all content, but I usually farm uber lab more than anything else (I know there are uber lab specific builds like jugg tank and all, but I also do other content and usually have time to invest in only one character).

Thanks.
Single Target

I would go with chieftain by a small marge. You don't need gloves and shitty physical to lightning gem for full conversion. You don't need to reserve triple herald for the penetration but get 10% pen from asc. Instead of 20% shock you get the covered in ash and can use vaal lightning trap if you really wanna shock. But the difference is not so big. I guess most Elementalist player would say elementalist is a bit better.

AOE

Clear win for Elementalist, even with fire explosion shaper mace, Chieftain doesnt blow up the whole screen.

Defense

Clear win for Chieftain. You got so much life regen, leech and physical mitigation.

Uber Lab Izaro

On both build a matter of 5-10 seconds. I would go still with chieftain in case Itzaro gets a slam in.

Uber Lab Traps

Clear win for Chieftain. Did i mention the insane regen and pysical mitigation

Cost to get to uber lab farming setup:

Tab, Starkonjas and movement speed boots is all you need. And maybe flame dash or phase run helmet enchant if you wanna go quick. Brightbeak, Elder gloves with attack speed mod and curse on hit or corrupted gloves with ele weakn on hit also work if you wanna shield charge.

Mirkula thx for detailed guide and very interesting opportunity to play chieftain not like i usual ppl play it ;) actually just sick of totem builds and wanna try some one else, might try passive try from reddit post but use ur double curse very good idea for build like this on start with vulnerability + enfeeble, just wanna said you did good job do this build, cant wait till league start to puts hands on :)
Drakonorum, thx i appreciate much and I hope you enjoy betrayal at least as much as i did the incursion flashback race. One thing: You probl meant flammabilty curse, vulnerabilty is for phys only.

Yeap my miss i mean exacly Flammability :)
Hello,

I wanted to play Beeftain in SSF HC Betrayal so I looked at this guide and tried to make it a little more HC oriented, here is what I came up with:

https://pastebin.com/BGj2Ret3

I basically cut out the Duelist section and spent it on moar life nodes!!!1 so we have 246% increased from the tree.

Let me know what you think

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info