[3.4] KissMeQuick's Pet Viper Strike | Starter for FRIENDS to fight against UBER ELDER with FRIENDS!

"
Esquilaxxx wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Esquilaxxx wrote:
I might be dense here but why so many vaal skills? Isn't it usually bad to run more than one?

And what would be the reason for it :U ?

I was under the impression that usually you stick to one because they share charges or whatever it's called. Wouldn't you normally choose just one so you could spam that as often as possible?

That is true but since we don't spam any Vaal skills during general map clear, it's completely fine to have multiple of them since they all last 2x longer than normally and can be popped before engaging the boss. As an example Vaal Haste lasts 9 seconds which is more than enough to kill a boss.[/quote]

Thank you for the explanation. I think i will be trying out your build tomorrow. It's the first time i'm using an experimental build for a league starter. The new skills just seem really cool so i want to try them out. Thanks for sharing!
This build looks super fun but I'm not sure which way I should go on the tree for levelling. Do I go for Acrobatics first and then grab the claw node ? Or should I go down right away ? Sorry I'm not really good at figuring this out
Hello there, looking forward to trying your build!
Also, i have а few questions,
1) what would be better melee splash or ancentral call?
2) Should i aim to get lycosidae instead of scepter?
And Suggestions:
1) Vaal Haste + Vaal Grace + Increased duration + Bloodrage. It will be more comfortable for tanking bosses/keep blood rage on
2) Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call- Vaal Cold Snap - i think there should be an option to add some curse vulnerability, despair or defensive enfeeble since cold snap does not make any sense.
3) Ancestral Protector - Herald of Purity - Withering Touch - Poison - well, those guys are not really fast though, i think you can think about adding another variant for this setup or just drop it and get kaom roots O_O.
Last edited by PlayArcher on Aug 30, 2018, 8:50:10 PM
Trying this out after ~18 hours of looking around.

Appreciate your work!
Looking forward to trying this out as a starter (assuming my indecisiveness doesn't overpower me back into blade vortex). Just worried about HoA clear speed mostly after playing bv all last league. On the other hand, speed wont matter as much in delve so...
Looking through your PoB - just curious if 200 poison stacks is realistic?

Your reave build is incredible so I'm not doubting per se - just don't have a ton of experience with poison builds....

been trying to come up with something similar that uses quill rain but no luck.
Also, does damage over time buff poison? I thought no. Would it be better to take the phys nodes by shadow rather than entropy? Or is the 5% duration that strong?
"
RonRave wrote:
Also, does damage over time buff poison? I thought no. Would it be better to take the phys nodes by shadow rather than entropy? Or is the 5% duration that strong?

Look this.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison

Phys damage is not affect poison, and DOT is affect.
"
RonRave wrote:
Looking through your PoB - just curious if 200 poison stacks is realistic?

In order to get 200 stacks of poison you'd have to stand still attacking 1 mob for 14 seconds. Alternatively use melee splash to hit 14 mobs for 1 second.

Against a boss, max DPS of whatever million won't come into play until max poison stacks are reached. Not to say this build is bad, just realize that the DPS takes a while to ramp up. This also assumes all flasks are up for 14 seconds.
Looks promising, however as the most potentially OP thing is the HoAg pet, I wonder if a DS dual wield champion is better just switching to viper strike as below:
- Scale the initial hit, poison (60% chance) doesn't deal damage for us but let us summon the OP scorpion baby from HoAg
- Unholy might from threshold jewel is good
- The scorpion deals physical damage that can be further scaled by Hatred, looks good
- Have to find a way to fit Hatred + 4/5L HoAg tho
Last edited by wjxue1221 on Aug 31, 2018, 2:14:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info