outdated

"
JonickPOE wrote:
I`m gonna do CI uccultist version of similar CA build + Soul Strike quiver. Occultist has very good survivability, unlike the pathfinder. Also, i can use Darkscorn for 25% inc. phys. to chaos before getting or crafting very expensive +2-3 vicious proj. elder bow. Can also use Incandescent Heart chets for more survivability before or instead The Coming Calamity.

What do u guys think about this setup?

I was going to use CA as my starter this league and am really liking the sound of this more defensive version of the build. Could you share your PoB pastebin somewhere?

Also would this be with or without the Herald of Agony considering that you aren't getting the crazy Pathfinder buffs?
Last edited by Bluejam on Aug 31, 2018, 1:35:07 AM
"
zakariusqc wrote:
build look quite good.lot of +life,lot of +chaos dmg and DoT dmg, a decent amount of flask nods to take advantage of pathfinder (we lost the major benefict of flask but still a few buff to flask).the DoT flask will be awsome with pathfinder.for the GMP, we could always get +1 arrow on gear with dying sun flask instead.for the herald chest,im not so sure.it buff the herald but give nothing else.no life (useless ES) no res no evasion.will see what the mana reservation will look like with a 6l herald.

I'm thinking of going with a Cherrubim's Maleficence chest on this type of setup.
Last edited by reagan247 on Aug 31, 2018, 3:17:23 AM
Here is my alfa-version of this build.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/8FR6zxbh
The link is 123 points tree, but u can easely drop whatever u want - flask cluster or 3 ponts mana socket, or some proj nods, or all of them - whatever. There are some item section, but it is just to look what kind of gear i need and what i can potentially use. Right side socket is for new Unnatural Instinct jewel it gives us +10% aditional chance to dodge attack hits, +40% proj. damage, +25% chaos damage with attack skills, +25% damage with poisons, +10% chance to poison and +1 pierce.

I have made this build two weeks before any information about new gems and herald of agony showcase. The idea was to use dual/tripple curse CI occultist with Toxic Rain - mirrage archer - Inc. dur. - curse on hit - any curse -(lesser poison for herald of agony Virulence stacks?) mechanics. The build gameplay might be looks like ED or something. Ive make a little correction for this new Unnatural Instinct jewel, cus this jewel is to strong for this build to ignore it. Best choise is getting temp. chains on hit corruption on gloves, blasphemy despair with no mana reservation by Impressence (or Witchfire instead) and something like Enfeeble or whatever u want if u rly need 3rd curse. And we have free mana for agony reservation. Again - it is just an idea, it is not perfect, I need more information about how axactly CA and HoA works and looks, how im gonna stack Virulence if i decide to use HoA. I need more information about new uniques, may be i can use some of them. May be better use HoA for extra damage and clear speed in 4L or pseudo 5L, or 6L The Coming Calamity - idk yet...

If u have any ideas or suggestion - feel free to share, I'll be happy.

Edit: I want to make this build for CI occultist - i know about all pathfinder changes, i also know about trickster. This build is CI bow occultist for huge survivability.
Last edited by JonickPOE on Aug 31, 2018, 4:08:22 AM
Great idea,nice build. Gonna start delve league with it. Hope you will post more info after the league started.
"
Megummy wrote:
Great idea,nice build. Gonna start delve league with it. Hope you will post more info after the league started.

I`m gonna start with BV elementalist, farming all pieces with calm and do total respec to this build after some leveling, around 95-96, based on all those new proven information around CA, HoA, uniques, new lab encahntments and other.
Last edited by JonickPOE on Aug 31, 2018, 5:18:30 AM
BTW, if u want to play around Agony crawler, u should take a look at Viper Strike assassin (pathfinder now looks very good for it as well). Viper Strike has a HUGE probleb with clear speed, but it is good enough for bossing and single target. All u need for effective Agony crawler is keeping 40 stacks of Virulence it is pretty easy for viper strike do 100500 hits in a second. Assassin could be better cus Noxious Strike + Vile Toxins Support in links for both - Viper Strike and HoA. Just take a look and think about, what exactly u wanna do...

Talking about summons, all summon builds have a big problem with permanent agony crawler - u have to poison enemies by urself to get Virulence stacks. Sure, u can scale crawler by minion bonuses, but u never get perma 35+ stacks. Good for build is have that crawler summoned atleast 70% of time with a few stacks... 40 stacks is +120% aps +760% incr. damage and +2580 flat phys. So what the reason to building around classic summoner builds? If you still want to do this, u should look at new melee summoner Guardian - Smite, new Domnating Blow or Viper Strike as well. Grab chance to poison by gems, uniques and take a lot of attack speed and minion damage. In this way u can get good enough minion damage nods AND perma crawler with 35+ stacks of Virulence also. This kind of build will have less damage, unlike assassin with his long poison duration + double vile toxin supports for u and crawler, but it`s gonna be a something interesting at least for maping.
Last edited by JonickPOE on Aug 31, 2018, 6:53:13 AM
when will pob be updated with the new gems, before league starts? or we gonna be guessing.
#StandardLivesMatter
Can you add a small leveling section so we can see which passive nodes to reach first etc?
"
Edeka wrote:
Can you add a small leveling section so we can see which passive nodes to reach first etc?

As league starter, i recommend life base version. This build is not easy to make ES base at low skill points with 0 currency. But if u lucky and got Soul Strike quiver early on (it is very important unique for ES version), so u can do some respec move to ES at lvl 70th. But if u gonna go CI early, u should first pick Wicked Ward and Vile Bastion in normal and cruel lab and get Energy from Within jewel as fast as it possible for u. Actually, not recommend this move, cus u loosing life flasks and so on. But i`ts all about ur choice. And one more thing is a bow choice - try to get Lioneye's Glare if u wanna pierce many targets, not necessary btw, cus poison ground of CA.

Here are trees for both lvling version with all stages.

Spoiler
Life - https://pastebin.com/PzSeUXez

ES - https://pastebin.com/De66U9yP

Edit: Balanced life tree a bit. https://pastebin.com/HR6cBxRd

Edit 2.0: Here is another life tree for Unnatural Instinct jewel respec, if u got it somehow)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/HR6cBxRd
Last edited by JonickPOE on Aug 31, 2018, 11:45:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info