3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

Update on my setup.
Just switched primordial for PoI 23 corruption so i get free 1% extra max cold res which means no longer need to put PoI in my +2 shield. Also, between "Devotion" node and "Sovereignty" node cluster I get 19% "increased effect of auras". If I can figure out another 1% aura effect then it's another 1% max cold res.

This also freed up one gem socket which allowed me to revert back to my Phase-IncDur-ImmoCall-CWDT setup in my boots. It feels a lot better, especially delving dakness when not generating those frenzy charges.
Last edited by yakoob on Dec 30, 2018, 5:51:59 AM
"
allana wrote:
[...]
I've personally settled on going for a bit of aura nodes and some reservation to be able to run hatred, war banner, purity of elements and vitality. Mainly because I bought this watcher's eye:
(not yet divined)

My thought is that I want to be able to mitigate as large hits as possible and then regen it up quickly. So I'll also be investing in a taste of hate like Yakoob suggested. I've not decided yet if I am dropping acrobatics or not, though, but I will probably skip it since I want to get the chaos res/life nodes for even more chaos resist

I was totally going to go with Purity of Elements + Vitality setup in my original idea of my build.
Was gonna go Life Recovery Vitality + 2x Phys Taken as Element Purity of Elements watcher. Idealy 12% phys to cold + 12% phys to lightning since we r immune to those ailments. Its's so much phys reduction :o That huge boost to chaos res sounds nice aswell tho.
Stone and chaos golems should also get a lot tankier with those crazy resists the aura offers.
Let me know how it feels to play with Pur of Ele. I might wanna test it out for myself afterall ;)

edit: Oh! I just saw your Elder boots with socketed gems supported by inc duration. Thats freaking awesome dude!
Last edited by yakoob on Dec 30, 2018, 6:30:59 AM
Can the colour of the sockets be changed on this

Thanks for any replys
"
Kordollmer wrote:
Can the colour of the sockets be changed on this

Thanks for any replys

"Sockets cannot be modified" pretty self explanatory.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
seowalex wrote:
In the latest PoB you posted you're taking neither MoM or Phase Acrobatics, so are you just trying to stack more life instead?

Yeah in my current setup i'm just stacking life with Phys reduction.

https://pastebin.com/0WTTqQUW

This is the latest build though, MoM with Brutality. On paper I feel like this is the best setup. (Hatred/EE are currently selected just so you can see the damage lost going brutality over ruthless|hatred)

I don't have the currency to swap and test it right now though.

What's point of using brutality? Just to free up ring slot?
I see some dps loss in my build that way, plus it makes 4 elementalist nodes useless.
I went another way and swapped ruthless to hypothermia, did uber elder with it yesterday just to test dps, didn't feel any loss. He might not get slowed down fully or what that text says, but definitely taking extra damage.
Also using vulnerability+punishment curse setup, allows to kill annoying things like lightning elder guardian without immune phase or chimera with 'find me in a dust cloud' phase skipped too.

Don't get why people try so hard to get phys/elemental mitigation on this build playing on SC, I died like once on 98 in mines cause fps loss and twice on 97 doing stupid uber atziri trio challenge.
My current 5.1k HP and 3.3k mana with 40% MoM is enough to facetank things like minotaur while golems kill it or get some Elder's projectiles or Shaper's ray in my face.
Mana return from getting hit on jewel and ring is mandatory though, can't have enough mana regen without leveling clarity but it reserves too much mana than.
If I'll replace helm/chest with crafted HP rolls with some T1 ones and a few jewels, I could go for 6k+4k and facetank things like Shaper's slam too. So what's poing in having like 40% less eHP but some auras instead?
"
Grizone wrote:
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
seowalex wrote:
In the latest PoB you posted you're taking neither MoM or Phase Acrobatics, so are you just trying to stack more life instead?

Yeah in my current setup i'm just stacking life with Phys reduction.

https://pastebin.com/0WTTqQUW

This is the latest build though, MoM with Brutality. On paper I feel like this is the best setup. (Hatred/EE are currently selected just so you can see the damage lost going brutality over ruthless|hatred)

I don't have the currency to swap and test it right now though.

What's point of using brutality? Just to free up ring slot?
I see some dps loss in my build that way, plus it makes 4 elementalist nodes useless.
I went another way and swapped ruthless to hypothermia, did uber elder with it yesterday just to test dps, didn't feel any loss. He might not get slowed down fully or what that text says, but definitely taking extra damage.
Also using vulnerability+punishment curse setup, allows to kill annoying things like lightning elder guardian without immune phase or chimera with 'find me in a dust cloud' phase skipped too.

Don't get why people try so hard to get phys/elemental mitigation on this build playing on SC, I died like once on 98 in mines cause fps loss and twice on 97 doing stupid uber atziri trio challenge.
My current 5.1k HP and 3.3k mana with 40% MoM is enough to facetank things like minotaur while golems kill it or get some Elder's projectiles or Shaper's ray in my face.
Mana return from getting hit on jewel and ring is mandatory though, can't have enough mana regen without leveling clarity but it reserves too much mana than.
If I'll replace helm/chest with crafted HP rolls with some T1 ones and a few jewels, I could go for 6k+4k and facetank things like Shaper's slam too. So what's poing in having like 40% less eHP but some auras instead?

Your setup seems very optmised for MoM, did you got one shot on some fortification ?
Cause i am stacking currency to optmise My mom, yours seems to be pretty decent version one :)
"
fubar0402 wrote:
I'm lvl 95 and feel like my dps is somewhat lacking on single target. I have about 10 ex and was wondering what i'm doing wrong or if there is an important piece i'm missing?

https://pastebin.com/0prBL0PN

Are you actually running Brutality + Hatred like your pastebin suggests or is that just a leftover from using my Brutality import? These two things do not stack. If you replace Brutality with Ruthless you see a significant dps increase.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 30, 2018, 11:57:33 AM
"
allana wrote:
"
fubar0402 wrote:
I'm lvl 95 and feel like my dps is somewhat lacking on single target. I have about 10 ex and was wondering what i'm doing wrong or if there is an important piece i'm missing?

You can get a chest with + gems like this one

or if you want to go truly nuts a +2 skin of the loyal or dialla's malefication, but that's probably more expensive (and no defense for you)

I've personally settled on going for a bit of aura nodes and some reservation to be able to run hatred, war banner, purity of elements and vitality. Mainly because I bought this watcher's eye:
(not yet divined)

My thought is that I want to be able to mitigate as large hits as possible and then regen it up quickly. So I'll also be investing in a taste of hate like Yakoob suggested. I've not decided yet if I am dropping acrobatics or not, though, but I will probably skip it since I want to get the chaos res/life nodes for even more chaos resist

Yeah If you commit to mana reservation and get a really nice Watcher's eye that definitely seems to be the way to go.

I really want to get Elder boots with increased duration on them now that i've seen those that's downright perfect for us.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
fubar0402 wrote:

Are you actually running Brutality + Hatred like your pastebin suggests or is that just a leftover from using my Brutality import? These two things do not stack. If you replace Brutality with Ruthless you see a significant dps increase.

Looks like it was leftover from your import.

This is the one i'm running now with war banner and hatred

https://pastebin.com/hWC87Lpc
"
fubar0402 wrote:
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
fubar0402 wrote:

Looks like it was leftover from your import.

This is the one i'm running now with war banner and hatred

https://pastebin.com/hWC87Lpc

Ah there we go, you can get a 10% dps increase just upgrading all of your primordial harmony jewels to 20% golem damage.

After that your next two big upgrades are a +1 gems|Maim chest (15% dps increase or more if you craft with faceted and hit +str/dex gem levels)

And Command of the pit.

Not having access to desecrate means you won't be flesh offering during bosses who don't provide you with corpses, that's a significant dps loss maybe run vaal haste instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info