POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

Spend 20 bucks on stash tabs and you're set for life. If you can't afford that you shouldn't be playing video games anyway aka get a job.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The fact that you have to pay to get into Last Epoch’s Alpha made the rest of the argument moot.

I Kickstarted it and let me tell you, it is still a looooooooong way from being anyone’s first choice in ARPGs.

Also, welcome this thread subject to the top of the “always brought up, never resolved” rotation. See you again in a month or so.
GGG should IMO add a currency tab and a premium tab to everyone's starter-pack.
But they won't do it.
The end.

Also nowhere in the description of the term "free to play" is it indicated that you're owed a comfortable expirience. So yeah, PoE is absolutely free to play, it's just extremely frustrating and tedious to play without a little stash investment.
@Acolina87

Triggered? How is pointing out that your contradictory, "getting triggered" rofl? Like Huuuuuh? xD Umadbro?
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 27, 2018, 12:16:24 AM
"

It has never been Free-to-Play. But game creators can write what they want.
Стримы https://www.twitch.tv/alpa1
Гайды https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKzNSE5KhtoP7Pz-aqHUqkg
OP, spend this energy going after games like World of Warcraft or literally any EA game where you pay full price yet there's also a cash shop. Complaining about cash shop in a game you don't have to pay to play is rather absurd.

The cancer ruining the industry are AAA companies that make you pay for content you should get for free after paying for the base game. That's where all gamers need to direct their anger.
Last edited by DrownedBurrito on Aug 27, 2018, 1:50:47 AM
"
PraceAce wrote:
PoE's stash system is designed to be complicated, slow and for some even frustrating without spending money. And that's the point: Frustration is not fun, it's not challenging or rewarding either. Neither is discarding your currency or other minor items just because they're not required right now. This is genius in terms of business design, but the exact opposite of what a game should be. You don't want to give the players a reward or drop he can't keep. And PoE is doing everything it can to give literally every item a sense of meaning, that's where GGG is godlike. So having all those currency, essences, whatever popping up and knowing you can't keep it just because you haven't spend any money is not fun.

Uh, have you played, like, any other computer RPG ever? They all have a limited amount of storage and force to make you choices of what to keep, what to sell, and what to toss. Path of Exile is pretty much the only game I know that offers the possibility of circumventing that choice by paying. Go play some Diablo II and tell me how you like the very limited amount of storage space with no prospect of ever getting more.

"
Alpa_Exile wrote:

At which point were you required to pay anything to play the game? Because that's what the term means - you can play the game without paying.

I wonder if these threads would exist if MTX was limited to cosmetics only and everyone was limited to the four basic tabs, forever.
All these threads do is point out that some folks have entitlement issues.

Its getting to the point where people even message demanding stuff for free.

Oh yeah sure, I bothered to pick this up and micromanage it just for your sole benefit. Please sir, have no consideration for the efforts of other players.

But seriously, I was surprised that people are so narcissistic they feel entitled to shit in an already free game. I wonder if they go to car dealerships and demand free cars or to banks and expect free money.
Yep, totally over league play.
Last Epoch is not free. You have to pay 50 $ to play the alpha version.

And i agree, 4 stash tabs is not enough anymore. And having to use a 3rd party program to be able to trade properly is pretty lame.
"
Alpa_Exile wrote:
"

Oh please, enlighten us, non-worthy peasants:
  • How much do we need to pay for the full game client access?
  • How much do we need to pay for the "Ascendancy" expansion which gives Ascendancy classes to every character?
  • How much do we need to pay for the "Fall of Oriath" expansion which gives us Acts 5-10?
  • How much do we need to pay for the "Atlas of Worlds" and "War for the Atlas" expansions to change the mapping system from "random map running through Map Device in Act 3" to "atlas-like"?
  • How much do we need to pay for every new challenge league?

You should at least try to be creative with your arguments...
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info