[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
PsychoBamboo wrote:
As far as gear goes, when you get the last ascendency so many possibilities open up since you don't really have to worry at all about the fire res!

I was wondering tho, I've been using a Hrimnor's Resolve since I got the level to use it, and I don't see why I'd use a rare over it any time soon. Is it kind of a BiS contender?

It's a good helm for sure and will serve the build well no doubt about it and with the 1 alch price tag in a trade league then go for it.

However, it is far from BiS when you consider a Pristine fossil crafted Elder Rare ilvl82 with the Adds (25–34) to (51–59) Fire Damage to Spells prefix and upto 124 flat life and (2–3)% increased maximum Life. And that is just the prefix stats. With the suffixes of such an item allowing for up to 6% spell block, 55 strength (for another 27 flat life) and upto 35% chaos resistance hopefully you can understand what I mean when I say well rolled rares outperform uniques. They are very much harder to acquire though.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 11, 2018, 8:08:56 PM
"
HockeyVG wrote:

I think my luck ran out after this weapon dropped, but for shields, is just a generic Life + Spell/Fire damage what we're looking for?

That sceptre is fantastic! Great find!

For the shield, yep just life with %spell/fire damage. There are the elder rare spirit shields that can have some useful stats on them too but are much harder to come across.
"
Cellstorm wrote:
"
PsychoBamboo wrote:
As far as gear goes, when you get the last ascendency so many possibilities open up since you don't really have to worry at all about the fire res!

I was wondering tho, I've been using a Hrimnor's Resolve since I got the level to use it, and I don't see why I'd use a rare over it any time soon. Is it kind of a BiS contender?

It's a good helm for sure and will serve the build well no doubt about it and with the 1 alch price tag in a trade league then go for it.

However, it is far from BiS when you consider a Pristine fossil crafted Elder Rare ilvl82 with the Adds (25–34) to (51–59) Fire Damage to Spells prefix and upto 124 flat life and (2–3)% increased maximum Life. And that is just the prefix stats. With the suffixes of such an item allowing for up to 6% spell block, 55 strength (for another 27 flat life) and upto 35% chaos resistance hopefully you can understand what I mean when I say well rolled rares outperform uniques. They are very much harder to acquire though.

Let's be honest I'll never have enough currency or luck to ever even lay eyes upon these items lol
Have you considered the new helm (i have no clue how to link items here)    The Devouring Diadem, Necromancer Circlet im using one currently and im only lvl 56 but it seems to help with all the mana sustain and overall survivability. Im sure as i get to a higher lvl i will find better items but for now it works amazing.
Thank you for this great build, having a good time with it so far.

The problem i have is that i have to switch blade vortex for violate dead for bosses, otherwise the fights would feel slow. so i decided to just leave the blade vortex there and take out fire pen.

I have been using Malachai's Artifice + lightning golem. and im trying to buy this Martyr of Innocence Highborn Staff and then get some block nods on passive. any thoughts on that?
"
Thank you for this great build, having a good time with it so far.

The problem i have is that i have to switch blade vortex for violate dead for bosses, otherwise the fights would feel slow. so i decided to just leave the blade vortex there and take out fire pen.

I have been using Malachai's Artifice + lightning golem. and im trying to buy this Martyr of Innocence Highborn Staff and then get some block nods on passive. any thoughts on that?

A staff can be good for this build, Later in the league I intend to craft a shaper 8 link staff that could actually be insane if I can get it right. So anything that would produce a similar result is also usable for sure.

Which bosses are you struggling on? I was doing yellow tier maps yesterday on a 4 link with no problems, now I have my tabby I'll be pushing red maps on the 6 link with no need to swap out to BV until I take down my first shaper of the league. There could be something missing in how you have your gear, gems or jewels set up.

"
balvix wrote:
Have you considered the new helm (i have no clue how to link items here)    The Devouring Diadem, Necromancer Circlet im using one currently and im only lvl 56 but it seems to help with all the mana sustain and overall survivability. Im sure as i get to a higher lvl i will find better items but for now it works amazing.

I've not seen that helm yet, i'll certainly have a look at it though and maybe try to come up with a budget list of uniques that seem suitable for the build as there is quite a bit of interest in such items.
for the helmet discussion, im using a rare with over 100 life and the enchant desecrated ground spawns 2 extra corpses, got it for 10 c and it is nice against bosses to have the extra volatile spawns.

im also using righteous fire, as long as there are a few enemys to leech from i dont degenerate even though i lost like 300 life for that setup (shield/ring)
but it feels nice, like running 2 builds in one since rf clears packs on its own (T7 currently)

with all the hype on winter orb, is that an option to replace incinerate or are the support gems between that and volatile dead too different?
Why spell cascade instead of spell echo?
"
Bruxieus wrote:
Why spell cascade instead of spell echo?

Spell echo puts down 2 piles of corpses for 1 cast, spell cascade puts down 3 piles for 1 cast.
Thank you for the quick response. Knew there had to be a reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info