[3.6 discontinued] Ice Golems - Adrenaline mapping - 6 Auras / 3 Curses

Here's some feedback so far for anyone curious about the build or otherwise. So far I've got to 91 with the build this league and while it had a lot of growing pains early (for me anyways), now that I am fairly progressed with the passive tree and proper gear it is feeling very smooth, strong, and fast.

Currently progressing around T11-12 in maps and clearing as fast as I can move through the zones. The biggest hurdle for me has been elder portals, both in maps and on elder fight.

Had trouble doing elder on even a T4 because the golems just won't focus down the portals despite me constantly casting convocation on top of it, and trying to keep the portal as the only thing in my curse radius. Maybe this will be better once I have finished gearing though, I still have 2 Primordial Harmonys to go.

I have changed the version Im playing up a bit by swapping out the CWDT 3-link for a lightning warp-faster casting-reduced duration 3 link, as personally no matter what the build I find it fairly redundant, and am still able to face-tank porcupine goliaths without it on this build.

I also dropped minion life on the chaos/stone golem in favor of convocation so I can control the golems better, which so far has been nice but will have to see how they fare in higher tiers and switch it if survivability is an issue.

For the OP @cyberxndr:

- how are you proccing EE with the current gear/passive tree?

Thoroughly enjoying the build, cheers!
i think for ice golem since alot of the time if you don't actively convo them, they will be doing melee attacks.. It's also good to include some promordial eminence jewel to it, instead of just harmonies. What do u think?
"
Stariket wrote:
I wanted to clarify.
The main Primordial Harmony characteristics
-Golems have% increased cooldown recovery speed? In order for our golems to quickly reload their Cyclone skill?
And this characteristic is not so important?
-Golem Skills have% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed?

Second parameter is important (30-45% rolls).

"
ggWex wrote:

how are you proccing EE with the current gear/passive tree?

We use Arc in boots to proc EE (as well as control the golems). For endgame encounters it may worth it to buy Primordial Might for target locking.

"
churoshyo wrote:
i think for ice golem since alot of the time if you don't actively convo them, they will be doing melee attacks.. It's also good to include some promordial eminence jewel to it, instead of just harmonies. What do u think?

It may worth it to take 2-3 ones for bosses. Single target DPS would definitely raise in cost of lower cooldown reduction and lower burst damage.
With all the damage sources this league it's probably worth switching to CI. It will give raw 10-12k ES for any damage type that can be encountered.

Core items: Heretic's Veil, Skin of the Loyal, Dream Fragments.
We need to drop x3 purities and Grace to have: Discipline, Hatred, Assasin's Mark, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains reserved completely on mana. It's bare minimum for good damage and survivability.

This option would balance incoming damage from various sources and increase golem DPS. However, it would be pretty expensive, since we would need x2 Enlightens and a lot of good ES gear. It would take 15-20ex or more. We also trade 87% max resistances to 75% for ES this way. (This also allows to utilize reworked elemental flasks with maximum efficiency)

Concept tree:
www.poeurl.com/cdwP

Mana reservation:
1)Heretic's Veil with x2 Enlightens (97% reserved)
https://poe.mikelat.com/#VaThyMCd/tNrp.A/wB9dd.NLrp
2)Alpha's Howl with x1 Enlighten (100% reserved)
https://poe.mikelat.com/#asIIlcKd/9b.A/wB9dd.
It's also possible to run only x2 curses without any Enlightments.

We can also take some additional "curse effectiveness" from the tree to further increase curse potential. Temporal Chains and Enfeeble are very strong for defensive potential, so they can be even better.

It's an experimental setup. I'm going to test it if would have enough currency. Just some thoughts on league adaptations.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Dec 23, 2018, 1:48:37 AM
I am thinking to make my first golemancer. May I know how much total cost to make one?
"
I am thinking to make my first golemancer. May I know how much total cost to make one?

You need 1x The Anima Stone and 11x Primordial Harmony jewels. Check out the prices for these on the trade site. They tend to be cheap right at the start of a league and again late in the league. Right now they cost heaps which makes the build challenging to start (although you can get going with 1 Anima and 3 Harmony).

Otherwise: getting good ES gear can be costly.
"

You will need ~5ex to buy core items and jewels. For additional upgrades:
6-link armor - 5ex
Empower 4 - 4ex
good boots - 2-5ex+
good gloves - 2-5ex+

Generally, this build shines with ~30ex investment.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Dec 20, 2018, 4:54:47 PM
Hi, i put you build together yesterday but i'm really struggling with single target damage, its so bad i can barely kill syndicate member is mid tear maps, can you give me any advice to boost single target damage or how you deal with it?
"
MMINC wrote:
Hi, i put you build together yesterday but i'm really struggling with single target damage, its so bad i can barely kill syndicate member is mid tear maps, can you give me any advice to boost single target damage or how you deal with it?

It definitely should be enough for mid tier maps. With 10 harmonies, Elemental Equilibrium + Arc and Hatred golems should have enough damage for encounters and bosses.

Syndicate members are very tanky itself, so it's okay they don't dying instantly.
At what point is it viable to remove the minion cluster going around to Redemption as I don't wanna spec out of it too early and have no damage :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info