Friendly reminder: Uber Lab is still boring and lack of re-entry is bullshit

"
Pangaearocks wrote:
I did, and disagree with him/her, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. Perhaps stop assuming things you have no basis for claiming.

Except you're disagreeing with a completely different argument than the one that has actually been posted.
I'm running uber labs atm for 40/40, besides 1 abyssal depth it is the last thing i need. I'm at 275/500 keys atm. I've had labfarmers twice before in a league.

I enjoy everything about the lab with Izaro and hidden passages/darkshrines as the stars of the labyrinth.

My pc is having issues (cpu/cpu cooling/ssd health) and sometimes with loading a new area the client freezes and i get disconnected eventually, sometimes I get multiple lagspikes and I also get disconnected. This happens once in 10-15 uber labs and i get salty yes, I also die 1x per 10-15 uber labs to a series of lagspikes in Izaro fights or on a trap.

Despite this I wouldn't want anything about lab to change. Compared to mapping and bossing (even with sextants and quantity and everything) the guaranteed profit you can make each lab is fantastic (you'll have to look further than how many darkshrines are on your ASAP labrun main route though). The possible profit you can make here is INSANE (the fact that only a small group of people can enchant uber lab consistently contributes to the insanity of the profit)

The fact that you have to start all over keeps you on your toes and absolutely contributes to the atmosphere of the lab. Even if it is because of a disconnect.

Sure getting 500 keys get's abit boring at some point, but it's called engame GRIND for a reason.

PS: I would never ever play hardcore in this game seriously though since before mentioned disconnection issues and client issues would make me throw my pc on the street and smash it with a baseball bat
Last edited by SubDoom on Aug 23, 2018, 4:45:28 PM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Without room for abuse?

"Crap, I'm going to die here."

*auto-log out*

"Problem" fixed. Re-entry. Kill Izaro.

And how is this abuse, exactly?

- Uber Lab farmers can already safely kill Izaro, they'll never need to instalog
- People who are only doing lab to ascend can just hire a lab service, they won't have to log because they're not even in the fight
- SSF players might benefit from this, but even they can just outlevel Uber Lab to the point that it becomes virtually impossible to fail

I just don't see what demographic would suddenly gain a massive advantage if re-entry was allowed. It would, however, grant everyone reprieve from client crashes and disconnects.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
Without room for abuse?

"Crap, I'm going to die here."

*auto-log out*

"Problem" fixed. Re-entry. Kill Izaro.

And how is this abuse, exactly?

- Uber Lab farmers can already safely kill Izaro, they'll never need to instalog
- People who are only doing lab to ascend can just hire a lab service, they won't have to log because they're not even in the fight
- SSF players might benefit from this, but even they can just outlevel Uber Lab to the point that it becomes virtually impossible to fail

I just don't see what demographic would suddenly gain a massive advantage if re-entry was allowed. It would, however, grant everyone reprieve from client crashes and disconnects.

You can get stuck in trap gauntlets without flask charges and this is usually a death. The death is deserved due to poor play or planning and yes it would be abuse to be able to log out and enter for free.
The point remains the same. If you have to do the gauntlet again from the top, then how is that abuse? If you just suck at gauntlets, chances are you'll get stuck again. If you're good and you just had bad luck, then the gain is miniscule and it's not abuse.
There is no point imo. This entire thread rests upon the salt of people who do not appreciate lab in the first place and find it gameruining that they need to do uber lab 5-10 minutes in an entire league per character.

Nothing in this game guarantees as much power as lab does for the time invested.

just start a new run is as much a valid arguement as give me re-entry (only the former doesnt require resources invested by ggg which are better spent elsewhere), offerings are 3 chaos. Since you do not sound like a labfarmer that 1 time you will need uber lab on a character shouldnt be that much of an issue even if you need to do it 2 or 3 times.

Labruns are 5-10 minutes. I can do 9 key runs in 10 minutes.

You say you don't mind starting the gauntlet anew, so the only thing you are bothered with is the entry fee. 3 chaos...

(you should have 6 offerings from the trials needed, so the investment cost is 0 for 3 characters if you fail once per character thus needing 2 offerings per character)

Mortal sets are 1 ex +, shaper sets even more. ppl can screw those up also, it's what makes wins special and makes the adrenaline flow.
Last edited by SubDoom on Aug 23, 2018, 5:29:55 PM
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Labyrinth Troves and Silver Chests rarely give anything useful, and whatever reward they might give is immediately offset by the extra amount of unfun content you have to do to get to them.

They do, but how would you know if you are pretty much not running it and avoiding them when you run it anyway ?

It's like everything else in thie game, based on RNG to a certain extent, but they definitely do give useful things quite often, be it uniques, quality gems, currency, corrupted items, midnight fragment sometimes I think too.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 24, 2018, 3:02:38 AM
PoE is a great fun game. We all love this game or we wouldn't be here.

Labyrinth is a different kind of game. We don't all love this loathsome Labyrinth sub-game. I think it is not fun boring crap. I usually play evasion based vaal pact type characters. For those type characters it is extra crap. I'm currently playing an armor based character. For the armor based character Labyrinth is much less loathsome. There are two main things needed right now in Labyrinth. First is for there to be a checkpoint or waypoint or something. Just like everywhere else in the game that we all love. Second, getting the six end games trials to make the endgame Labyrinth available needs to be much more predictable.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I usually play evasion based vaal pact type characters. For those type characters it is extra crap

Uber ascended without problem in HC on an evasion char this league.
This was before obtening coil, before the character was well tuned too.
Didn't have problems doing it in VP characters in the past either of course, not particularly more than other characters.

It's only "extra crap" difficulty wise if there is a problem with your character, and this is how the game is "telling" you about it, or there might be a problem with how you play ( positioning, not knowing the limits of the char, make judgments mistakes, etc ... ).

Implying that armour characters have it much easier in the game overall than evasion ones is also showing a lack of understanding of defense mechanics, by the way.
You are blaming the lab and the game, instead of trying to get better ( at the game in general ), it's a bit sad tbh.
Well, it's your problem ( not only, when you are trying to spread such nonsense of course ).

PS : Abyssal depth's encounters don't have a checkpoint, breaches don't have a checkpoint, breachlord's domains don't have a checkpoint, incursions don't have a checkpoint, Timed Zana missions don't have a checkpoint, timed haku missions don't have a checkpoint.
But right, the lab is the only place without a checkpoint .... unless you know the game and realize that it isn't.

Just wanted to address your usual uninformed an unexperienced lab rant.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 24, 2018, 3:57:50 AM
"
SubDoom wrote:
There is no point imo. This entire thread rests upon the salt of people who do not appreciate lab in the first place and find it gameruining that they need to do uber lab 5-10 minutes in an entire league per character.

Nothing in this game guarantees as much power as lab does for the time invested.

I recommend you read the OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info