Friendly reminder: Uber Lab is still boring and lack of re-entry is bullshit

Wow, yet another completely irrelevant answer full of strawmen.

Let's try to make it simple, shall we ?

"
Turtledove wrote:
Labyrinth is a different kind of game. We don't all love this loathsome Labyrinth sub-game. I think it is not fun boring crap. I usually play evasion based vaal pact type characters. For those type characters it is extra crap. I'm currently playing an armor based character. For the armor based character Labyrinth is much less loathsome

<=> For those type characters : the lab is unfair.

I never said that you said that I disliked the lab, you completely absolutely missed the point.
I said that I never contested the fact that you disliked lab, thing that you really want to keep talking about, even though it's absolutely irrelevant to what I said, as I was merely debunking your strawmen, plain and simple.

"
Turtledove wrote:
You need to read up on what "strawmans" [...]

mans, huh.

No, I've been poiting out how you fallaciously try to bring "fake" points to try to support your rant ( because you have no actual good argumentation to refute everything that you've been told times and times again ).
Those are more or less straw men, you have actually very, very little actual 'content'.
But to be honest, if you want a literal one, you just made one here : by pretending that I claimed that you said that I disliked the lab. I did not in fact, and you're just trying to drag the focus away from the fallacious nonsense that you've been repeating everywhere over and over again.

The only thing that matters ( or not, let's say that it's a kind of legitimate complain, but very weak on its own ) is the "I don't like the lab, I don't like the lab, I don't like the lab" ( repeat another 1357654324 times ).
And everybody knows that you don't like the lab ( in case you didn't know lol ).

PS : I am honestly not sure whether or not you do understand yourself the things that you have been writing and what they imply and mean, and then are just self reflecting by relentlessely clamining that I am trolling. It's a bit puzzling to be honest.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 25, 2018, 3:54:38 AM
Ah, good old "if you do not like the lab, git gud" argument.
Sorry, it does not work that way. Lab simply is boring, badly designed part of PoE.
I did it both on evasion/acro characters and armor based. It was equally boring on both.
Lab is more difficult for evasion builds, but it still is not too difficult, after you learn how the lab works.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Aug 25, 2018, 5:46:43 AM
Actually, it's going to be very hard to prove that lab is more difficult for evasion builds as evasion just somewhat protects against certains trap's mechanism that armour does not protects against, and armour does somewhat protect against certain trap's mechanics that evasion does not protect against, pretty much.

Now, if you are building an evasion character with evasion and some buffer as it's only defensive mechanism, then the game is going to be hard because you're running with a glass canon, period.
If you are building a character using armour and other surrounding defensive mechanisms ( as that is quite often the case ), then we're in a different case scenario where it looks more like a proper character as it is not relying solely relying on armour alone ( = one defensive mechanism ).

The former case is either somebody building glass canon and knowing it, or somebody that does not fully understand how to be a non-glass-canon character.

But then, those are not lab-only things, it applies for the whole game.

"
Nishrek wrote:
Lab is more difficult for evasion builds, but it still is not too difficult, after you learn how the lab works.

If you consider that it does not make a significant difference at all though, then we almost agree I guess.

Now, I can perfectly understand that you don't like it, not everybody can like everything, but that is not relevant to the point that I was making.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 25, 2018, 4:30:18 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

I was merely pointing the strawmans that you were using by the way, nothing more, I didn't even speak about disliking the lab or anything there as it was not my point at all :).

This is what you said, silly troll.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 25, 2018, 9:18:35 AM
I actually did say that indeed, my bad on this one.
"
Fruz wrote:
I actually did say that indeed, my bad on this one.

I'm a bit flabbergasted by that post, to tell the truth. If it was an attempt to really set me up good for a future troll then congratulations, it worked brilliantly. You may consider me set up.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info