Here's a new unique item that can drop from subterranean Vaal cities, deep in Delve.

"
HoockBr wrote:
"When u cast a spell"

Does it trigger with CWS or CWDT?

"When you cast a spell" has never triggered with CWS or CWDT before, so I'd assume no.

"
Great item.

Question is: what this 'you' means? Do they proc when my spell trap is triggered? If yes then this is insane gloves for LL trapper with Tinkerskin.

Also interesting how this item will work with channeled spells.

If existing mechanics are any indication - it will not work with spell traps. Traps are well documented as being their own entities, and the reason your stat bonuses affect your trap damage is because Traps use your skills as if they are you (e.g. the technically incorrect but useful rule of thumb that traps use your offensive stats). Applying this logic - there is no way that you would transfer Life to ES when your traps trigger (if this unique property is a skill-side effect - it would simply transfer the Trap's 1 Life to ES, which is 0. If it is not a skill-side effect then your Traps don't have the property so there's no interaction.)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Aug 21, 2018, 6:16:32 PM
pretty good considering a lot of sustain options have either been really hard to use and still not always reliable while this item has acceptable stats for it's slot and good cast speed on gloves.

A downside to this item is it is actually pretty hard for people to use skills pretty fast. Most skill use rate I got was about 13 uses per second (no spell echo, no unreasonable buffs) which means you can convert your life at about 65% life/second. But most reasonable builds won't have more than like 3-6 use per second aside from quill rain and channel counts as 1 use for the entire channel. note echo and multistrike reduce skill use rate

Cool item that allows (almost) flat recovery (recover es pool not dependant on es pool size) so it is almost like old school aegis but more importantly for once you are not incentivized to just stack stack stack pool thank goodness

Another downside is you lose life while you don't need the es as well while like shield charging around and on full es and afaik any change to life pool will interrupt es recharge not just damage. Easy to prove with dark pact.
If on low life

My max life is 6k , but i reserved like 5.900 life

I sacrifice 5% of 6k life, 300 life, but i have only 100 life that is not reserved.

Do i get 300 ES and pay 99 life?

Do i get only 99 ES as i payed 99 life?

Do i get 100 ES and pay 100 life, and suicide?
Last edited by HoockBr on Aug 21, 2018, 6:16:56 PM
so kind of like the old vaalpact, but with ES and more stringent requirements. Hmm.
(⌐■_■)
/e : my bad
Last edited by AsbelFar on Aug 21, 2018, 6:27:49 PM
Oh is that gain an instant or like regen?

Imo it should have the 5th mod some % energy shield to do these gloves at least 150ish ES for a decent unique,
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Aug 21, 2018, 8:06:58 PM
Can we chance it?
"
biyte wrote:

A downside to this item is it is actually pretty hard for people to use skills pretty fast.

I know just the build to use this on... Question is, will it work with low life in that build.
Last edited by kyuuichi on Aug 21, 2018, 6:32:41 PM
"
Oh is that gain an instant or like regen?

it's gain, so it's instant.
(⌐■_■)
Seems cool, I woulda liked to use this on some of my old cwc zerker builds when zerker's leech was on all damage. Now that it's only attack leech though... too little too late for that.

Still, I could see making good use of it with some other source of life leech.

Just spitballing, could use this + Cerberus Limb (the sceptre from the Delve reveal) + Lioneye's Remorse for a generic armor/es/life caster. Lioneye's gives great life and armor, Limb gives you .5% spell leech and over 300 ES because of Lioneye's, and you get some nice cast speed and inc damage. Could be a pretty good kit to build off of.
Last edited by Shppy on Aug 21, 2018, 6:54:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info