"
Shovelcut wrote:

Hey mate.

That works surprisingly well.

"
Shovelcut wrote:
Q What's your favorite song cover?

This is mine. :)

Edit: Changed the last link because I already linked it in this thread apparently.

Just goes to show it is your favourite.

That's a tough question, as covers are something of a passion for me. Been thinking about sailing today, so will go with the one that popped into my head first, as a result, and thinking on it, for more than that:

Seu Jorge - Changes

It would be in my top ten, regardless of it I combed through and selected others. Bowie understood the perils of being a chameleon, on a personal self-questioning level (how authentic am I, who am I really?), and in the eyes of others. There's a pushback too in it

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

that's inspiring to me, that strength. There's something steady about it though, timeless, it's really beautiful. Our small struggles are nothing to the great river of time, and how much is around us and through us and we're not ego driven content generating islands but connected to sources all around, rippling away, so we can go easy and be gentle with it too, and it's not like we're engaging in a run for president, or something. If we are, we'd be listening to something else, entirely. Seu's rendition adds layers of enjoyment, as Portuguese is so rich and redolent with emotion. I don't speak it, just hear that there, and know the words.

Doesn't belong to just me, either. One of those songs that speaks to us if we're in a time of change, especially.

Oh and Bill Murray association (Seu and his guitar were all through Life Aquatic), gotta love that. My winter beanie this year is red, like this one, just as a by the by. Had it from last year, it's been my choice of hat to walk places in.

Q: Worst cover, and why?

Oh just realised the date (good old Sunday lose track) it's Bastille Day. Huh. Cool.
Last edited by erdelyii on Jul 14, 2019, 1:26:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info