Ask a Question Game - Backwater Thread

"
Q: Red, green or yellow and why?

Yellow or Yellow + Red. I'm not enough familiar with green cards to enjoy playing them, and yellow faction has these funny RNG ones. I'm a sucker for RNG in games, it seems.

Q: Why did you choose to spend time (regularly?) posting on this forum instead of doing something else?
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Iangyratu wrote:

Pfff, this is Off-Topic, so not really a necro. Just a friendly bump to preserve a good topic. It's best these boards have. ;)

Goth. I can't stand medieval music actually. Probably this band I liked back then:
https://youtu.be/VErQQLv-3NQ

Random fact: the vocalist was a friend of Tomasz Beksinski, Zdzislaw Beksinski's son.
https://youtu.be/9y9rp2P9tXQ

---
Nice picture, and a memory.
(I'll leave your question to someone else)

Guess it's not really a necro, and thanks, was a nice surprise.

Had a listen (is their name "cloister killer"?), intense stuff, can imagine they'd be immersive live (and draw an interesting crowd). Reminds me of finding this [Goëtia] yesterday, which I like, for the extra-ness of it all.

Ta on the memory and the picture. The real board was different, couldn't find anything as nice as that one though, shows how old and universal the game is too.

"
Iangyratu wrote:
Q: Why did you choose to spend time (regularly?) posting on this forum instead of doing something else?

Because I'm a woman with a hot wife XD

Q: Do you have any bad habits that annoy people you live with that you do kind of on purpose, not especially to piss them off but because you enjoy them (the habits)?

Also Boem that's deceptively simple as something to teach. How would you teach them that?

Last edited by erdelyii on May 17, 2019, 11:23:49 AM
"
erdelyii wrote:

Q: Do you have any bad habits that annoy people you live with that you do kind of on purpose, not especially to piss them off but because you enjoy them (the habits)?

Your forcing an answer out of me erd, thats quite sly of you.

A: I have a tendency to go on monologues which i enjoy to do but isn't always practical since i have al the time in the world while other people do not.

It's not so much that the people around me are anoyed by the context of what i am saying when i do it, but that i usually end in one when talking about things that fire me up.

I tell people around me and consciously remind them they have every right to shut me down when i start doing that, because in the moment i am usually not aware of how inconvenient time wise it is for them.

"
erdelyii wrote:
Also Boem that's deceptively simple as something to teach. How would you teach them that?

You just make it relevant and draw them in. You take real life examples to illustrate the simplicity in action.

For example that kid that goes to school but also works two part-time jobs to fund his studies.

Or that kid that wants high grades and goes to the library on wednesday afternoons to study instead of doing things that don't further that goal.

Or the start up guy that works 18 hours a day for the first two years to start up his company.

Or that gardener that stays the extra 30 minutes to make sure he delivers a prestine result without being payed for that.

Or the billion company executive that sleeps four hours a night instead of eighth.

The world is filled with examples of things that are true, the art is to recognize them and not become oblivious or complacent about them.

You put in two hours when another person puts in 30 minutes and your going to take an advantage and if your attitude is effort instead of result that's going to change your mindset considerably.

you can use practical examples aswell to demonstrate it, take a long number and give one person five minutes to memorize it and another ten minutes and see which one performs better to illustrate effort vs return.

tl;dr i would manage

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Your forcing an answer out of me erd, thats quite sly of you.

A: I have a tendency to go on monologues which i enjoy to do but isn't always practical since i have al the time in the world while other people do not.

It's not so much that the people around me are anoyed by the context of what i am saying when i do it, but that i usually end in one when talking about things that fire me up.

I tell people around me and consciously remind them they have every right to shut me down when i start doing that, because in the moment i am usually not aware of how inconvenient time wise it is for them.

I was?

News to me.

That sounds true, Boem. Hehe! Can imagine. I was thinking along the lines of putting nearly empty milk and empty pizza boxes back in the fridge, or drinking straight out of the juice container in front of people.

Do I do those? Ha, well, no, cow milk doesn't agree with me.

I take ages to wake up, hours really, and I can hit the ground running mentally while some of me is still asleep. I can go on long rants in this state, which has resulted in a code word from others - "snowball" - which pulls me up, so I guess it's not really an enjoyable bad habit that I do anyway, but yeah ... uh. Ha! OK I do it when wide awake too. Terrible. Ranting feels GOOD, the way scratching an itch does.

Listening, ah, there's the way.

"
Boem wrote:

You just make it relevant and draw them in. You take real life examples to illustrate the simplicity in action.

For example that kid that goes to school but also works two part-time jobs to fund his studies.

Or that kid that wants high grades and goes to the library on wednesday afternoons to study instead of doing things that don't further that goal.

Or the start up guy that works 18 hours a day for the first two years to start up his company.

Or that gardener that stays the extra 30 minutes to make sure he delivers a prestine result without being payed for that.

Or the billion company executive that sleeps four hours a night instead of eighth.

The world is filled with examples of things that are true, the art is to recognize them and not become oblivious or complacent about them.

You put in two hours when another person puts in 30 minutes and your going to take an advantage and if your attitude is effort instead of result that's going to change your mindset considerably.

you can use practical examples aswell to demonstrate it, take a long number and give one person five minutes to memorize it and another ten minutes and see which one performs better to illustrate effort vs return.

tl;dr i would manage

Peace,

-Boem-

Yes, I can see that you would.

You didn't ask a question.

Psh.

Q Will someone ask a question?

"
erdelyii wrote:

Q Will someone ask a question?

A : Yes, this one will.

Q : What is your favorite way to spend a sunday?

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

A : Yes, this one will.

Q : What is your favorite way to spend a sunday?

Peace,

-Boem-

Thanks Boem.

You know I was just saying in the Junk thread how I'm looking forwards to sleeping in tomorrow and that I hope it's raining. The sound's not as satisfying as in the living in a miner's cottage in the bush days, because that was a tin roof; it's still nice to listen to if it's heavy enough splatting on the courtyard pavers. Snuggling in and reading, sipping tea or coffee, so nice.

But a favourite way? That would be sleeping in, lazing around, going out in the afternoon to a gallery, a movie, or for a wander along the river or the beach. Sometimes by myself, with the dog, sometimes with loved ones. Low-key stuff, no shopping expeditions, though random buying things in passing can happen.

Recently went to a 4 day week through a restructure, wasn't my choice, but it has made Sundays an island; no more spending the end of it doing chores for the coming week, just a few, and easily done. And no Fuck it's Monday tomorrow comedown. Can stay up late(r) on Sundays now. Love my work well enough, have a great job, still, two days off is not anywhere near like three.

Maybe I'll go for a full time job, some day, but for now, aha, no chance. Realise I'm extremely fortunate, and am making the most of it. Or, working on that, it's not been long. Year-long contract, after that, could well only go for four days' roles, or ones where they are long FT equiv days packed into four, it's that good and am more productive in the days on (ok maybe not when at home working ahem and that's coming to an end so much slackness, and should, been underutilised in a new role uh am I talking about work? haha what). Anyhow, we'll see.

Rambling.

Q: Last thing you stole?

Q: Are you guys that honest, was it a bad question, or are you an inveterate snowdropper?

"
erdelyii wrote:
Q: Are you guys that honest, was it a bad question, or are you an inveterate snowdropper?

Spoiler
A : i remember stealing some candy at eighth years old, but i haven't stolen anything since.

A : Yes, no, yes.
Spoiler
stealing panty's isn't a crime, it's a way of life, the noble ninefold path.

Q : What's your favorite anime or if you don't watch anime, why not?

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

Q : What's your favorite anime or if you don't watch anime, why not?

I'm a sucker for Dragonball anything it's the platonic ideal of a shounen anime, none of those complicated "plots" or that silly "character development" just, "Hey man wanna fight" "Heck yea dude let's fight"

Otherwise not super into anime, the story telling is often very samey for me, so I tend to avoid it unless something comes highly recommended, and breaks the mold.

Q: What's your favorite season and why?
A: Winter, because I hate being hot.

Q: Who is your favorite Pokemon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info