Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Eh, it's fun once you realise this isn't a conversation, it's a pummeling.

The lack of effort is fascinating though.

By his own standarts of presenting data i can simply say

"i took vaccines, i am still alive, therefore vaccines are 100% safe".

It's like 1D chess where two pawns just walk up to one another and then question

"i wonder who's gonna win!"

Peace,

-Boem-

Half of me thinks it's just trolling for attention, but if so, is this really the sort of attention anyone would want? Who'd be that desperate to be noticed by randoms online that they'd willingly play the role of conspiracy nutter only to be collectively dog-piled on every time they post?

I liked Boem's previous explanation the best. They just don't understand what the word fact means.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Facts are those things that I want to believe are true right?

Pretty sure thats how it works
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
Facts are those things that I want to believe are true right?

Pretty sure thats how it works

Exactly! Or at least that is exactly the delusion.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
erdelyii wrote:
They're gonna keep posting until they get sick of it, we stop replying, or a lion eats them I guess.

Is that an option?! Please send more lions, the US is in desperate need of more stupid people getting eaten by lions.
"

Judging by that image OP is somewhat close to an anarcho-primitivist. It's interesting how even the weirdest people can find kindred spirits on the internet (assuming that image is from some loony Facebook group).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
codetaku wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
They're gonna keep posting until they get sick of it, we stop replying, or a lion eats them I guess.

Is that an option?! Please send more lions, the US is in desperate need of more stupid people getting eaten by lions.

If you build it, they will come.

"
Xavderion wrote:
Judging by that image OP is somewhat close to an anarcho-primitivist. It's interesting how even the weirdest people can find kindred spirits on the internet (assuming that image is from some loony Facebook group).

I mean fine, use the Internet to discover like-minded anarcho-primitivists but at some point get off the grid and actually live the dream. Which invariably becomes a nightmare cult, because artificial societies of weirdos living in isolation would need many generations of separation and other groups to meet with to develop healthy culture. Even then, it might not happen.

Only way it would work is with a cataclysm and force regular folk into it. But sure, get off the internet true believers!

The graphic. The problem is the kitchen sinking of a bunch of disparate ideas into a jumbled mess and calling it a whole.

Some of them are quite reasonable, and some of them stupid.

As a whole - idiocy. No detail, just this mocking tone of ooh are you woke?

You know something's up when the memes are this terrible.

Last edited by erdelyii on Feb 21, 2019, 3:22:10 AM
Figure this is the science thread.

Isn't it great how people can make us curious about science?

The owner of a blog I follow who I don't communicate directly with has been posting a fair proportion of images of Saturn, like he's sharing something really important to him, which I don't understand the meaning of, and would like to very much, but sure, Saturn is a cool planet.

Recently, he shared a picture of Cassini. I had a look at what this was. Crashing Into Saturn: This Cassini Mission Is the Most Epic Yet | Short Film Showcase

It's happened, this exploration mission, and resulted in some incredible insight.

Cassini was an inanimate object, doomed to burn up in a hostile environment, the iconic planet with rings around it. If that was what part had been assigned to me in someone's space opera, to illuminate the system for science, I'd want to know that's how they saw my use. I want to know. Just the wondering? Offputting as all hell.

The last was a bit musey. Cassini was not a person! Back to hard science. Anyone have any cool science? Favourite planet?

Last edited by erdelyii on Apr 3, 2019, 9:31:46 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The one where people don't fucking hesitate to vaccinate their kids.

Indeed. Not Earth, Charan, not Earth :(
Favourite science currently, evolutionary biology?

I followed some podcasts on the subject and it's amazing stuff.

I love things that answer the deep "why" questions in a solidified manner and it seems like an honest attempt to that goal.

Favourite planet is obviously earth where else do you find life contemplating life.
Unless you prescribe to the dark forest theory.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The biggest issue isn't even "getting there". It's "living there".

Considering that our options are limited to Mars and Venus, both of which has very different issues to allow human presence.

Mars is cold, very cold for humans. "A summer day on Mars may get up to 70 degrees F (20 degrees C) near the equator, but at night the temperature can plummet to about minus 100 degrees F (minus 73 C)." So anything built needs to be able to keep its heat.

You can't terraform Mars either because it has too low of a gravity and oxygen escape it. So any habitation on Mars would need to be indoor and hermetic. You'd also be exposed to solar winds since there's no magnetic field on Mars.

Venus is a whole other mess with it's extreme temperature, toxic air and likely, toxic underground water. Living on the surface would be impossible and living underground would be very complicated. Leaving Venus would also be a major difficulty.

As for the rest of the planets in our solar system, it's not even realistic simply due to temperatures.

For outside of our system, it would be highly difficult because you'd need to be extremely lucky to be able to eat anything from a different world without dying. You'd also need the correct atmosphere, gravity, temperature, a magnetic field and probably dozens of other requirement that would allow us to live on another planet. Unless we develop faster than light travel, it wouldn't be possible to resupply a colony in amount of time, everything would need to be prepared in advance.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info