What do You guys think? iLvl ∞ spectres = infinite delve?

"
Mythkiller wrote:

1) Specters

Can be addressed without changing iLvl for drops.

"
Mythkiller wrote:
2) No affixes exist today, but they will exist in the future as ilvls go up with expansions. Someone sitting on standard with rares of ilvl 600 will cause problems in the future, almost guaranteed.

Yeah, and you'd have earned them. By delving deep.

"
Mythkiller wrote:
3) Unforeseen bugs with ilvls being too high that slipped through testing because they were only theoretically possible

Sorry, but that is a terrible reason to disappoint players.

"
Mythkiller wrote:
For the purposes of delve, they do not NEED to raise the lvl of the monsters. They can provide the infinite difficulty in other ways and technically is probably safer to do so this way.

Sure, they don't NEED to... :\
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
bwam wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

1) Specters

Can be addressed without changing iLvl for drops.

"
Mythkiller wrote:
2) No affixes exist today, but they will exist in the future as ilvls go up with expansions. Someone sitting on standard with rares of ilvl 600 will cause problems in the future, almost guaranteed.

Yeah, and you'd have earned them. By delving deep.

"
Mythkiller wrote:
3) Unforeseen bugs with ilvls being too high that slipped through testing because they were only theoretically possible

Sorry, but that is a terrible reason to disappoint players.

"
Mythkiller wrote:
For the purposes of delve, they do not NEED to raise the lvl of the monsters. They can provide the infinite difficulty in other ways and technically is probably safer to do so this way.

Sure, they don't NEED to... :\

1) Right now monster level decides ilvl as well as corpse level. Are you proposing redesigning this system so 0.1% of the players can play infinite specters?

2) Fair, i guess.

3) I am very, very confused as to why you are disappointed. Literally nothing is affected by item level not increasing except specters. Zero. There are NO affixes that can roll on items above 86 so where is your disappointment stemming from except for point 1? Genuinely curious coz now I think i've misunderstood your point if your point wasn't specters.

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
3) I am very, very confused as to why you are disappointed. Literally nothing is affected by item level not increasing except specters. Zero. There are NO affixes that can roll on items above 86 so where is your disappointment stemming from except for point 1? Genuinely curious coz now I think i've misunderstood your point if your point wasn't specters.

OK, so let's say I'm crawling deep.

I don't want out-of-game recognition on some ladder, saying, "Grats, you went deep."

I want items that reflect how deep I crawled. Like: "Oohh look at that, iLvl 103. Ooh baby, that's sweet."

Make sense?
"
bwam wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

I don't want out-of-game recognition on some ladder, saying, "Grats, you went deep."

I want items that reflect how deep I crawled. Like: "Oohh look at that, iLvl 103. Ooh baby, that's sweet."

Make sense?

But that's my confusion. Let us say for a second that monsters went up in level as you delved infinitely as is the topic here. Lets even say they dont cap at 100 and just keep going up in levels. So now you are getting ilvl 300 items.

This expansion is not going to overhaul the affixes pool to give you new prefix/suffixes. So you'll have exactly what ilvl 86 items have in terms of mods.

Unless your complaint is "Why are they not overhauling affix pool?"

Lets also not forget that items from delves are NOT going to be better than atlas. You have no chance at shaper/elder items which are nowadays, generally speaking superior.

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

Make sense?

But that's my confusion. Let us say for a second that monsters went up in level as you delved infinitely as is the topic here. Lets even say they dont cap at 100 and just keep going up in levels. So now you are getting ilvl 300 items.

This expansion is not going to overhaul the affixes pool to give you new prefix/suffixes. So you'll have exactly what ilvl 86 items have in terms of mods.

Unless your complaint is "Why are they not overhauling affix pool?"

Lets also not forget that items from delves are NOT going to be better than atlas. You have no chance at shaper/elder items which are nowadays, generally speaking superior.

~Myth

Either you're not getting my point, or you're trying to drive home one of your own: That it doesn't impact the quality of the item.

But I'm going to reiterate my point: After killing the equivalent of an iLvl 103 monster, I don't want some iLvl 86 base dropping off of it; I want something that says, "Where this item came from, the content was leet."
"
bwam wrote:

Either you're not getting my point, or you're trying to drive home one of your own: That it doesn't impact the quality of the item.

But I'm going to reiterate my point: After killing the equivalent of an iLvl 103 monster, I don't want some iLvl 86 base dropping off of it; I want something that says, "Where this item came from, the content was leet."

Ok, now i got you. Its an e-peen argument.

Fair enough. I, personally, care more about how far I can get compared to the best in the world, but I see the appeal.

~Myth

"
Mythkiller wrote:
Ok, now i got you. Its an e-peen argument.

Fair enough. I, personally, care more about how far I can get compared to the best in the world, but I see the appeal.

Mmhm.

I mean, I've messed around with watching my SSF ladder position before. Done alright in the past... in the Top-15, anyway, for Ascendant or something in some League... But what do I have to show for it now? :[
i'm actually more curious to see how they go with all the %-based explosions, because not taking care about that would be stupid, almost as stupid as level 165 spectres.

Overall i'm very exited to see how this goes, like this is the first time in years where we are for example seeing situations where you can actually run out of flasks with white mobs :P
d:-D*
I would suspect that specters will level up to what level the zone is for desecration, OR if the level of the level of the monsters continues to scale, then you could get level 100 delve specters that raise directly.
What makes anyone think that they're going to go higher than the current levels in the new league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info