[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Hyrri's Ire now adds (173-188) to (240-262) (up from (50-60) to (70-80)) cold damage to attacks with bows.

Like it, +15,4% dps, +19% evade chance, +10\10% dodge and 2% movespeed
cons: -200 life, and need use POI for resists.
Last edited by Sakredo on Dec 4, 2018, 9:59:52 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
Protamine wrote:
Hey, thank you for this wonderful guide, I'm up to try it in 3.5
Could you also recomend a good item filter? Thanks

Yo mate, cool to see your interest in the Build :)

That said, I can't really straight up recommend you an Item Filter. My own one is customized for myself and my specific gameplay, so that would make no sense. Especially seing that you're a very new player :P

That said, these are the common Filter Websites:
https://www.filterblade.xyz/
This is Neversinks Website. There you can get his preset custom Lootfilters, which the vast majority of the Community uses.
Also, as you get more experienced and progress through a League, you will be able to customize the appearance etc. of certain Items on there.
He will update the Site for the new League a Day before said League arrives, most of the Time.
https://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/
Is a collection of many other community made Filters, that is also used by many.

For any new players, I'd recommend watching through these detailed Video Guides:
Engineering Eternitys Beginner Guide Series (also covers Loot Filters)
Engineering Eternitys Guide for useful Tools
Engineering Eternitys Guide Levelling through the Acts
And maybe check out this Google Doc as well:
https://sites.google.com/view/thetwilightstrand

As a general word of warning: Scions are the hardest Ascendancy to level. So beginenrs struggle with it sometimes.

Hope you I could give you some pointers :) Let me know how it goes!

Tyvm for the advice! Filterblade is a great resouce for such an unskilled player like me. When I played legacy league, I tryed to make a loot filter by myself, but didn't manage to include valuable base crafting items and many vendor recipes.

So what do you think about 3.5 changes regarding this build?)
Last edited by Protamine on Dec 5, 2018, 11:49:35 AM
hi 2 all! Guys its good idea to start league with this build or better with elehit?
"
vipzor wrote:
Soooo, PoB lies? :D It shows they give more dps than most of the other nodes.

You can give me your PoB If you want and I can Check.
That said, for my own personal PoB These nodes are worth a Bit more since I have some added phys from a Ring and Abyss Jewels as I Just ripped them from another character. These are simply not optimized.

Also, they Might be worth more DPS than Flash Freeze or Ballistic Mastery on Occasion. But These get taken not only for their Damage, but also for the Proj Speed.
Proj Speed is great Quality of Life for RoA, as it decreases the delay between pressing the Button and the arrows landing significantly. I won't Change the Tree If its These nodes you mean.

"
Sakredo wrote:
"
Hyrri's Ire now adds (173-188) to (240-262) (up from (50-60) to (70-80)) cold damage to attacks with bows.

Like it, +15,4% dps, +19% evade chance, +10\10% dodge and 2% movespeed
cons: -200 life, and need use POI for resists.

Yep, thats an insane amount of flat Cold. Both RoA and SA will Love that for damage, quite obscene.

That said, the loss of Life is pretty significant. While the Dodge is good for Survivability, more Life is Always Essential. Not only for surviving one Shots etc., but also since Leech scales with our max Life amount. Less Life = weaker Leech.

I will Play around with it a bit. Certainly I will recommend it as an alternative for Maximum Damage, but I doubt that I will recommend it as the primary Option.

"
Protamine wrote:

Tyvm for the advice! Filterblade is a great resouce for such an unskilled player like me. When I played legacy league, I tryed to make a loot filter by myself, but didn't manage to include valuable base crafting items and many vendor recipes.

So what do you think about 3.5 changes regarding this build?)

Glad that I could tell you something useful :D

As for the 3.5 Changes: the biggest one is the Chest discussed in my other reply Here.
The new Bonechill Support offers some added damage in a seperate utility Setup, but idk yet how worth it will be.
Nothing Else Changed, no nerfs.

The new Veiled Mods, and maybe some of the yet unknown uniques, will surely Provide Buffs tho. Just Like it is every league: small or big powercreep Always Happens.

Lets discover that during betrayal :D

"
Konan88 wrote:
hi 2 all! Guys its good idea to start league with this build or better with elehit?

Ty for the interest in the Build man :)

Neither Ele Hit nor this Here are the perfect Starters. Especially not for newer players.
Scions Level the hardest out of all ascendancies arguably, and many people are Not used to that. A Bit of levelling Gear for a second character will Go a Long way to make it smoother.

That said, quite a few people have Started with this build in Delve and didnt have big Problems.
But I'd recommend something different If youre Not that comfortable with the levelling process or Scions.

Hope I could Help you decide a Bit :)
Feel free to Drop by and ask for Help, If you decide to Go with this build at any time during the League!

I will edit the Guide to 3.5 this evening (UTC times).
While there is nothing to really Update as of yet, I will add the usual Patch segment to the second Post.

Like already discussed Here, Hyrris Ire is an Addition to consider If you want Maximum Damage on Softcore.
And the new, as of yet largely unknown, veiled mods and maybe new Uniques will surely add some nice possibilities as well.

The new Bonechill Support can be used in a Vaal Coldsnap, Vortex, arcticbreath, whatever Setup to increase cold damage taken. I will see how it fits into the Gem Sockets later, and how the damage gain is. While we have some Inc. Chill Effect, it isnt that much.

But other than that: No Changes, No nerfs.
Last edited by Guffinn on Dec 6, 2018, 8:27:18 AM
I see it as an okey starter for league, or depends if your one of those that hit lvl 80 in first day or 2.
Since this build require the unique bow that are not that easy to get first days of a new league. But if you dont lvl up that fast it will be there when you get there.

For lvling its not that hard realy. So many harder build to lvl if you dont got good gear. Lvl with rain of arrows or toxic rain and its easy to lvl, vaal rain of arrows melts bosses while lvling.
Just keep changing your bow for better, and posible buy some cheap lvling bows if get and chaos lvling

I lvled this build as my second, but i had no gear or currency from that other build to spend on lvling gear. But i got 2 ex in the first 30 levels so kinda lucky there. But never use alot of curency on lvling gear.

When i started to strugle a few lvl due to gear i teamed up with others so they could kinda carry me a litle bit.

Think i changed bow 3 times lvling, and used quill alot during clearing.(nice attack speed feels more smootly) but it have goten a nerf now so maybe not this tme

Was actualy thinking of going a Nebuloch build with molten strike this time. But molten strike got a nerf, not so much in damage but the nerf hits in clear speed. wanted better single target damage.

But now i think i will go this one again, had alot of fun with it. And have Scourge Arrow maybe as weapon switch for single target, at least try it outnerf hits in clear speed. wanted better single target damage.

But now i think i will go this one again, had alot of fun with it. And have Scourge Arrow maybe as weapon switch for single target, at least try it out
Hey Guffinn,

im pretty hyped to start this league with this build!

Some thoughts about leveling this as a league starter:

I checked some reddit posts and the general consensus is that RoA is a top tier leveling skill nowadays. Someone said that it just needs a Storm Cloud/The Tempest to get a smooth leveling experience and it carrys you to maps.

Other uniques like Wake of Destruction and Prismweave should be quite affordable early on and push your damage even further.

With the addition of Delve to the core game and its entry in Act 4, there should be quite an easy accumulation of some early chaos orbs to buy some of those juicy leveling uniques.

Dead and Doom demonstrated how well it can level, but sadly only for the first two acts (and as a Ranger ofc):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlumXaNP-8

PS:
Your commitment to update both of your guides everytime something changes deserves a huge respect!
In general, the way it is structured and the sheer amount of information is just amazing!

So a big THANKS for your afford Guffinn!
Hey,
Is there any Bow that would be more damage than a shredder like a dex/10 + flat cold double damage or stuff like that or is shredder really that good ?
I'll probably league start with this, leveling shouldn't be a problem. How does this perform early maps with the bows u get from leveling? How smooth will this feel before hopeshredder which might be hard to get this league?
3.5 hype!
Thanks for the build, it will be my league starter aswell, going RoA all the way.

Gl&HF!

PS: Here's my PoB -> https://pastebin.com/juJ10wEj (added leveling trees and some notes from your build)
"
Noiprox wrote:
Spoiler
I see it as an okey starter for league, or depends if your one of those that hit lvl 80 in first day or 2.
Since this build require the unique bow that are not that easy to get first days of a new league. But if you dont lvl up that fast it will be there when you get there.

For lvling its not that hard realy. So many harder build to lvl if you dont got good gear. Lvl with rain of arrows or toxic rain and its easy to lvl, vaal rain of arrows melts bosses while lvling.
Just keep changing your bow for better, and posible buy some cheap lvling bows if get and chaos lvling

I lvled this build as my second, but i had no gear or currency from that other build to spend on lvling gear. But i got 2 ex in the first 30 levels so kinda lucky there. But never use alot of curency on lvling gear.

When i started to strugle a few lvl due to gear i teamed up with others so they could kinda carry me a litle bit.

Think i changed bow 3 times lvling, and used quill alot during clearing.(nice attack speed feels more smootly) but it have goten a nerf now so maybe not this tme

Was actualy thinking of going a Nebuloch build with molten strike this time. But molten strike got a nerf, not so much in damage but the nerf hits in clear speed. wanted better single target damage.

But now i think i will go this one again, had alot of fun with it. And have Scourge Arrow maybe as weapon switch for single target, at least try it outnerf hits in clear speed. wanted better single target damage.

But now i think i will go this one again, had alot of fun with it. And have Scourge Arrow maybe as weapon switch for single target, at least try it out

Happy to hear that you are having fun with the Build!
And I hope to see again in Betrayal :)

"
DevilMayCry93 wrote:
Hey Guffinn,

im pretty hyped to start this league with this build!

Some thoughts about leveling this as a league starter:

I checked some reddit posts and the general consensus is that RoA is a top tier leveling skill nowadays. Someone said that it just needs a Storm Cloud/The Tempest to get a smooth leveling experience and it carrys you to maps.

Other uniques like Wake of Destruction and Prismweave should be quite affordable early on and push your damage even further.

With the addition of Delve to the core game and its entry in Act 4, there should be quite an easy accumulation of some early chaos orbs to buy some of those juicy leveling uniques.

Dead and Doom demonstrated how well it can level, but sadly only for the first two acts (and as a Ranger ofc):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlumXaNP-8

PS:
Your commitment to update both of your guides everytime something changes deserves a huge respect!
In general, the way it is structured and the sheer amount of information is just amazing!

So a big THANKS for your afford Guffinn!

Thanks for the kind words and the trust in this Build mate :D

Sure, RoA is great. I myself say that on Reddit quite often :P
But I know enough people by now that really struggle with Scion levelling as long as they don't have twink Gear, so I'm careful with endorsing it as a League Starter.

"
Krillia wrote:
Hey,
Is there any Bow that would be more damage than a shredder like a dex/10 + flat cold double damage or stuff like that or is shredder really that good ?

Sure, there is no Unique Weapon that can't be beaten by a rare.
Rares will always scale higher.

I initially chose to do a Hopeshredder Build because the weapon was pretty trash and neglected pre buff (3.3 etc), but I still had no problems to clear all content with it.

Now it's pretty competitive: I do 2 minute Uber Elders with it, why would you need more DPS :P?
And 10% ele Damage Avoidance (from hits) is nice as well, but most importantly the free movementspeed is pretty great.

If you want truly "maximum" Damage, you will always need to go for a Rare and shill out a loooot of Currency.

"
M1St3R wrote:
3.5 hype!
Thanks for the build, it will be my league starter aswell, going RoA all the way.

Gl&HF!

PS: Here's my PoB -> https://pastebin.com/juJ10wEj (added leveling trees and some notes from your build)

Glad to hear that!

If you want help or wanna discuss something, feel free to drop by :)

Gonna update for 3.5 now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info